Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 6:32 pm

x_amount_of_words wrote:
ShawnWilliam wrote:
does being an aspergie cause physical weakness..? or weakness in general?.. ive been soo weak lately and i cant figure out why.. maybe its from something else but i dont know.. or maybe because i havent left the appartment enough..

also a question i would like to ask is does anybody else fear going outside sometimes?.. i only do because this town is too full of people and i hate confrontation on the streets.. in this town people are kind of rude and it makes it hard to have a quiet walk

I fear going outside sometimes. It's usually too stressful and I prefer staying at home anyways. Occasionally, I will actually feel like leaving the house. I'm also afraid of seeing someone I know and having to talk to them or greet them.

Yeah.. i walked to the store not long ago and i couldnt stand being around people.. i had a hard time at the counter.. but usually im not like that!.. usually i dont mind interaction!.. please let it be a phase :cry:

nettiespaghetti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Sep 2008, 8:22 pm

Hypotonia (low muscle tone) is very common in people on the autistic spectrum. You can read about it on wikipedia. I was told I have low muscle tone, and I think that explains why I too have problems with getting exhausted easily and just plain feel crappy most of the time. Crappy meaning I'm fatigued, tired, achy, etc.

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 9:22 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
JWRed wrote:
A lot of people with AS have a high metabolism which means low muscle mass.

SINCE WHEN!?!?!?!?!? I have heard about studies going back over 70 years! They ALL say......

1. Exercise can build muscle.
2. Muscle INCREASES metabolism.
3. Metabolism INCREASES fat loss.
4. Lack of exercise causes atrophy.
5. Atrophy INCREASES fat, assuming an equal calorie intake.

Are you going to go against ALL fat loss experts, body building experts, etc.... and claim what you did?

Maybe you are confusing metabolism with the heart rate. Ironically, atrophy can affect the heart as well. In such a case, the heart isn't as forceful, and smaller muscles aren't as efficient, so they overwork, and the heart rate can climb up. Still, on an overall cellular level, the metabolism DROPS!

Anyway, I think I started out STRONGER than average. I probably should have kept it up, etc... I used to LOVE situps. I would have loved pushups, etc... OH WELL.

I agree, if that were true then I wouldn't have battled my weight like I always have!

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 10:59 pm

nettiespaghetti wrote:
Hypotonia (low muscle tone) is very common in people on the autistic spectrum. You can read about it on wikipedia. I was told I have low muscle tone, and I think that explains why I too have problems with getting exhausted easily and just plain feel crappy most of the time. Crappy meaning I'm fatigued, tired, achy, etc.

Thanks 8) is it true? that describes me pretty well

Lindsey1151
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Apr 2019, 8:53 pm

JWRed wrote:
A lot of people with AS have a high metabolism which means low muscle mass.

Why do you think that is?