Oh, I love this poll! I love emotionality! All the time, baby! 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Oh, I love this poll! I love emotionality! All the time, baby! 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
I'm pretty emotional. I cry at a heart-felt film. 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
I'm pretty emotional. I cry at a heart-felt film. 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Average 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Average 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
I show some emotion from time to time. 30%  30%  [ 26 ]
I show some emotion from time to time. 30%  30%  [ 26 ]
I am an Aspergonautic robot from the world of Asper. I have no emotion. 9%  9%  [ 8 ]
I am an Aspergonautic robot from the world of Asper. I have no emotion. 9%  9%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 88

Twitch
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Nov 2005, 2:03 pm

I have pretty much one of four things going on emotionally. These are ordered from what I experiance the most to what I experiance the least.

Flat affect-some emotion
Flat affect-no emotion
Wrong emotional presentation for what I'm feeling. Including emotional presentation with no emotion attached. Empty-smiling.
Extreme presentation of emotion. Generally associated with anger and frusteration and at times extreme joy (the happy-flappy dance, you have to see it).

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2005, 5:40 pm

Most of the time I have no expression (flat affect, I guess). My coworkers poked fun at me for it, once. Saying things like "I'm Michelle, and I'm sad" : | "I'm Michelle, and I'm depressed" : | "I'm Michelle, and I'm really really excited" : | .

Sometimes I get expressions on my face that I am not aware of, and usually they either don't match my emotional state, or they do match my emotional state, but I am not conciously aware of how I am feeling despite the fact that it's showing on my face. Usually this happens only with strong emotions.

joku_muko
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2005, 5:54 pm

Hmm I voted wrong I think... so I guess I can explain. I have too many emotions. But I dont show them most the time. I do show them when I have already had too much and more is added on thats why I get emotional. But that is probably how everyone is. I dont know.

Jetson
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2005, 4:57 am

Civet wrote:
"I'm Michelle, and I'm sad" : | "I'm Michelle, and I'm depressed" : | "I'm Michelle, and I'm really really excited" : |

That's really cute, in a strange way. Better than being ignored, I guess.

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2005, 6:37 am

Quote:
That's really cute, in a strange way. Better than being ignored, I guess.

Heheh, yeah, I guess so. I thought it was funny, actually. They were pleased that they made me laugh. (Though it's really not too hard to do).