Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

pegasus27
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Sep 2008, 5:00 pm

I am looking forward to meeting new people who feel in the same shoes like me. I have grown out of not having friends, but still it is interesting to chat with wrong planet's locals, cause I have known just one other AS so far!

I am lithuanian, but living in Switzerland for the time being!

Best regards

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 5:02 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

dogfish
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Sep 2008, 6:01 pm

Hello pegasus *waves*

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Sep 2008, 6:16 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 6:23 pm

From the California side of Wrong Planet to the Lithuania-Switzerland side, Welcome pegasus2.

Bozewani
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2008, 6:34 pm

I am not Lithuanian so Hello and Privet and Hello in whatever it is in Lithuanian!

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 10:45 pm

Nice to meet you, pegasus27. :) 8)

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2008, 11:02 pm

Welcome to WP! :)

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

pegasus27
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Sep 2008, 5:29 pm

Hi to everybody, I was surprised cause I did not expect such a warm welcome :)

I am pleased to see so many people from US, cuz as my mother is living in US Chicago I tend to visit her every 1 to two years. I just came back from florida this august.

does anyone know how many people by percentage has AS worldwide? it would be interesting to know, if anybody has an idea.

pegasus

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 5:56 pm

Your presence here opleases the Techno Viking.

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 6:35 pm

pegasus27 wrote:
does anyone know how many people by percentage has AS worldwide? it would be interesting to know, if anybody has an idea.

Hi pegasus, welcome. I would love to truly know that myself, I think the autism web is much bigger than any of us realize, after all its just a different thats not fully understood and still no real answers.

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 10:36 pm

pegasus27 wrote:
Hi to everybody, I was surprised cause I did not expect such a warm welcome :)

I am pleased to see so many people from US, cuz as my mother is living in US Chicago I tend to visit her every 1 to two years. I just came back from florida this august.

pegasus

I keep seeing that it's supposed to be 1 out of every 250 people. Not sure how they come up with that when the diagnosis has only been around since 1994.

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 10:41 pm

CelticRose wrote:
I keep seeing that it's supposed to be 1 out of every 250 people. Not sure how they come up with that when the diagnosis has only been around since 1994.

I think its now 1 in 150, and even seen it as 1 in 100... but its all guess work and no one really knows.. there seems to be far more people undiagnosed, than diagnosed.. so what ever in said maybe should at least half against.... I feel the tide turning 8O 8O :D :D

pegasus27
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Sep 2008, 5:27 pm

Well then if its one in 200 people then it should be about 30 000000 people world wide with AS. That a lot. Other political and etc movements have much less related supporters! AS could be a large powerful group worldwide, capable of lobyism and etc. maybe someone could inform about avtivities carried out by AS people. would be interesting to join and help pursue their aims!
****************************************************************************** I would like to know, are 'wrong planet' organizasing any reunion meeetings for AS people, just to get to know each other face to face, to communicate with each other.

I know that lots of AS people do not feel comfortable speaking to strangers, but this time we would know where we are going, and knowing each other, would be very useful. Cause a lot of us are suffereing from the lack of friends and close people that undestand us.

Being just online is useful, but that doesnt solve the problems of feeling lonely!

pegasus27

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2008, 5:51 pm

pegasus27 wrote:
I would like to know, are 'wrong planet' organizasing any reunion meeetings for AS people, just to get to know each other face to face, to communicate with each other.

I know that lots of AS people do not feel comfortable speaking to strangers, but this time we would know where we are going, and knowing each other, would be very useful. Cause a lot of us are suffereing from the lack of friends and close people that undestand us.

Being just online is useful, but that doesnt solve the problems of feeling lonely!

pegasus27

It really depends on where you live, there are lots of support groups world wide.... unfortunatelly if your in Switzerland it lags behind many other European countries such as the UK.... but you could contact: Switzerland School and Centre for Autism
Worldwide Autism Association. Postfach 8052. Zurich. Switzerland
Schweizerische Informations - und Dokumentationsstelle fur Autismusfragen. Petrus Kanisius - Grasse 21. CH - 1700 Freiburg. Switzerland. Tel. No.: +41 26 300 77 48 Fax. No.: +41 26 300 97 49
Association Suisse Romande de Parents d' Enfants. Autistes et de Personnes Interessees par I'Autisme. 23 Hameau de la Fontaine 1040 Echallens. Switzerland. Tel. No.: +41 21 883 00 83 Fax. No.: +41 21 883 0084 e-mail: [email protected]

They should be able to advise you, good luck...