Should women become more superficial?

Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

RogueProcess
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Sep 2008, 8:49 pm

Cyberman and MissConstrue speak the truth :D
No, NOBODY should become more superficial, that won't solve anything! Like MissConstrue said, there are many different types of superficiality. Sure, I see plenty of unbelievably good looking women with complete meritless ugly cavemen without a single redeeming feature, but this is usually because said barely human person has a vastly inflated ego, which a lot of, dare I say it, superficial women latch on to, because the more awesome and successful that person believes they are, the more other people believe they are, too. In short, that person having a high opinion of themselves is a good first indicator as to whether that person is also popular and successful, whether deserved or not.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2008, 9:52 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
I see a lot of pretty girls with average guys. I never see any guys with worse looking women.

I think a lot of people have low standards, and a lot of men only care about apperance.

Maybe you and Meowpurr should break up those couples and get teach those poor women some taste then. :P

ALSO I'M ON TO YOU.... :rambo:

I know your little club of the man hating feminists, I will soon find out where you have your meetings. :twisted:

:twisted:

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2008, 9:53 pm

:twisted:

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2008, 9:53 pm

^I did the extra elmo for effect. 8)

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2008, 10:21 pm

Meowpurr wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
^^ riiight ...and ProtossX is the live proof of this. :lol:

I'm still not convinced that protoss is an aspie... until he starts blurting out "YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS!", that is...

(giggles)

I also just read your title "extremist moderate"

Can people please throw the "auties have no humor" out the window now?

Threw it out the window years ago. Humor is really the one thing I have going for me in the attractiveness sense... I can make most women laugh, and not that stupid nervous laughter either...

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2008, 10:52 pm

"Superficial" means a female who doesn't find me appealing, or a person of either gender who doesn't think I'm fascinating to be around.

Hmm... Yes, I think people should be less superficial.

Is that all that's going on here, or did I miss something?

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

RogueProcess
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Sep 2008, 10:57 pm

CanyonWind wrote:
"Superficial" means a female who doesn't find me appealing, or a person of either gender who doesn't think I'm fascinating to be around.

What? Were you being sarcastic there?

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2008, 11:19 pm

Not exactly, just noting that people rarely object to things that work in their favor or approve of things that don't.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

Amitiel
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Sep 2008, 11:24 pm

Superficial to me means shallow. This is no an ideal I would aim for, anything at all is better with depth and character.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 4:52 am

No, I don't think they should be more superficial.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 6:29 am

Wilco wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
I think a lot of people have low standards

Yea ahuh, so when I am totally in love with some girl because she is sweet and funny etc etc but isn't "my standard" then I can't have something with here because my standards are too low?

You don't seriously mean this right?

Low standards can mean anything from no personailty to a guy who is a total jerk as well, not just looks. Of course you can date anyone you wish to, and there is nothing wrong with that at all.

Trust me, I know a lot of total jerks with women they don't deserve.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 6:30 am

RogueProcess wrote:
CanyonWind wrote:

What? Were you being sarcastic there?

Yes, but he's making a point. It's a superficial attitude, to the point of being egocentric (to make it all about one's self, autistics never do that (now that's sarcasism)). Yes we should all be less egocentric, except maybe for babies, for whom it's normal. And teenagers. And autistics. And a helluva lot of prefectly normal adults.
CanyonWind wrote:
"Superficial" means a female who doesn't find me appealing,...

I think we used to refer to them as "stuck up." I think they often felt the same about us. Imagine that.

- Emerson

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 11:46 am

hale_bopp wrote:
I never see any guys with worse looking women.

I have. Not all that many, but some.

Three years!

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 12:04 pm

Meowpurr: much to your dismay you Do NOT decide for other people(yeah, other women) how they act in terms of who they choose for a mate. I wish you the best luck with trying to influence their behaviour though. :wink:

SPCDavid
Raven
Raven

15 Sep 2008, 4:03 pm

RainSong wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
I never see any guys with worse looking women.

I have. Not all that many, but some.

I've seen lots of it, it all depends on where you live and the guy/girl rario. In alaska there are enough men for every woman to have one.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 5:15 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

Low standards can mean anything from no personailty to a guy who is a total jerk as well, not just looks. Of course you can date anyone you wish to, and there is nothing wrong with that at all.

Trust me, I know a lot of total jerks with women they don't deserve.

With the jerks thing, I've read posts on here and a lot of guys think that women go for jerks and they want to know how to act more like a jerk. :? There is also the saying that nice guys finish last. :shrug: I wouldn't say I believe it, I do wonder sometimes.

As for women judging men on looks. Of course they totally do, I think they are more polite about it because they are more sensitive about their own looks and don't want to hurt peoples feelings. Where as guys are not as sensitive about their own looks so are not always aware that they are hurting other peoples feelings.

I'd say men probably judge women on their looks more than what women do. Maybe that is why women are more sensitive about their looks so the stakes maybe higher.Though I'm still not sure.

But in the dating game it seems that men find it harder than women, women reject men more than men reject women. It could be due to men asking women out more than women asking men out. But even when a couple starts going out I'm pretty sure it is the women that dumps the guy more than the guy dumping the girl. (though I don't know for sure) I find dating pretty much rejection city and believe me it isn't easy on your self esteem and I probably have trust issues now, it is hard because it knocks your confidence(which is another thing that women really judge us on).

So women may be judged harder(if they really are) on their looks more, but they are luckier that they are judged less harshly in other areas.

I'm actually fine with superficial people, be the best you can, if that isn't good enough just move on to the next person and hopefully one day you will find someone that truely appreciates you.