Do you stay in your room most of the time?

Page 1 of 7 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 11:48 am

Last night my dad told me I need to start coming out of my room more. I was curious if anyone else here on WP tend to stay in there room. and what your parents or spouse think. :-)

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 11:51 am

I stay in my room most of the time. My dad took away my Xbox 360 for that reason before. He thinks I play Xbox "for all hours of the day".

16 Sep 2008, 11:51 am

I stayed my room as a kid but now I don't anymore because all I have in my room is the bed, two dressers, and two nightstands, a TV and my PS2. And of course my closet with clothes in it and a box of stuff.

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 11:59 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
I stayed my room as a kid but now I don't anymore because all I have in my room is the bed, two dressers, and two nightstands, a TV and my PS2. And of course my closet with clothes in it and a box of stuff.

uhm...is that supposed to be not much? xD
anyway i stay in my room almost all the time

CleverKitten
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 11:59 am

When I still lived at my mom's apartment, I would always stay in my room with the door locked. I loved the quietness and solitude. Then Mom removed the doorknob because she hated that I shut myself out from the rest of the family. Well, my brother took advantage of the situation by constantly walking in and making noise and moving my stuff around, just to annoy me.

So then I moved out of that apartment and moved into my boyfriend's (now my fiancé's) house with his family! Who has the last laugh now?! :lol:
I've shut myself away from the family even more now than before. And mom can't do anything about it! :twisted:

Now I still just stay in the bedroom. I don't mind sharing it with my fiancé because he understands my Aspieness and respects the arrangement of my belongings. No one bothers me. And I can lock the door all I want! :wink:

Check out my blog: http://glanceoutthewindow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by CleverKitten on 16 Sep 2008, 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 12:00 pm

No.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 12:01 pm

Yes. I, hermit crab.

O, and my mother didn't/doesn't mind. No one would get far with trying to force me out of such; you'd have to burn the place down (parents who tell their kids they have to "get out more" annoy the hell out of me).

16 Sep 2008, 12:05 pm

UndercoverAlien wrote:
Spokane_Girl wrote:

uhm...is that supposed to be not much? xD
anyway i stay in my room almost all the time

I don't know if it was a lot or not. I watched TV as a kid and played video games because those were not in my room. I also played outside.

Then when my brother and I switched rooms, my dollhouse was moved to the playroom so it made me spend more time in there instead because of my dollhouse.

PilotPirx
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Yes, I stay in my room a lot. But at least I can make myself go on some biking tours quite often now. So it's ok with me to go out, as long as I can still stay alone. (I've enough social interaction during working hours anyway)

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

When I was growing up, I did spend alot of time in my room by myself. The family always treated me like a lower class citizen and nothing I did could change that, so I decided to walk away and let them do their thing and me do mine.

My parents later started having issue with it, and often forced me to do things with my other siblings, who enjoyed treating me like dirt and wouldn't give me a fair shake. My sister especially used it to take me away from things I liked to do. She'd sometimes find me in my room doing my thing(playing with toys, trying to create a story, playing board games to figure out good strategies, and other things) and then get our parents to drag me away from it for her.

Let us be.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 12:11 pm

When I lived with my parents I did. My mom would chew me out sometimes about it.

Living on my own, well actually with my #4brother who has the one bedroom, I use the living room as my bedroom. When I had the mobile home I'd spend most of my time in the living room, it's where the computer and playstation 2 were. :rambo: The Gamecube was in my room, but I hardly ever played it.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 12:23 pm

When I was living at home I used to stay in my room all the time and my son loves his alone time in his room. After school the first thing he wants to do is go into his room, after a whole day with being at school I let him have his alone time.

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 12:27 pm

Yep, in fact in my room right now.

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 12:37 pm

yes. i call my room THE CAVE...my own lil getaway... now, if i could just teach the rest of the household to knock instead of just walking in... :roll: i do venture out once in a while...mostly cuz i'm curious as to what is going on...then i scurry back to safety. :wink:

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

flutter
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 12:53 pm

Actually, My cave is a seperate room from my bedroom.

But between my "office" and my bedroom, I spend the majority of my time at home in one or the other.

My hermitism got really bad when I was working on-call from home, when you can't leave the house for a week at a time it becomes easy to not leave when you're not on-call.

I've been getting better in the last 3 months or so, venturing out and doing things on weekends, spending more time interacting with my mother, coworkers, and friends; spending less time playing World of Warcraft...

Well, since I made the decision to actively transition, I've found the motivation to get active much easier, because I have a reason for wanting to do it.

Your milage may vary, coming out as trans is definately not for everyone :lol: 8O :lol:

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 1:03 pm

yes. during summer a lot. i'd still walk around the neighborhood, etc later on during dusk-night sometimes during the week and go downtown or some other place.