I hate religious people, why is that a problem?

Page 3 of 11 [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 10:37 am

Reodor_Felgen wrote:
All fanatic atheists I've ever known are far less intelligent than the christians I've known. In fact, many of them dropped out of the easy, norwegian high schools.

I wonder what's you definition of intelligence then.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 10:47 am

I am atheist but I think atheists that turn atheism into a religion are just as bad as the evangelists.

Powerful sociopaths in history have either done one ore the other.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 11:05 am

OP:

Substitute the word "religion" for "homosexuals" in that sentence and you'd be bounced off this message board before you know what's happening to you. It seems you can say whatever you like about religion but the gays are protected by site admins. Go figure. Hate speech is hate speech. :?

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 11:09 am

We have a lot of talks about the relationship between Science and Religion coming up in our church soon.

Sorry, not quite with the flow, but relevant.

dalekaspie
Toucan
Toucan

25 Sep 2008, 12:04 pm

I dont hate the religous people i just hate the ones who try to convert you

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 12:39 pm

slowmutant wrote:
OP:

Substitute the word "religion" for "homosexuals" in that sentence and you'd be bounced off this message board before you know what's happening to you. It seems you can say whatever you like about religion but the gays are protected by site admins. Go figure. Hate speech is hate speech. :?

Alright, stop waving that cross in my face and bugger off. Hate speech, fool, would be me saying "Burn the churches and mosques!" - very different to a simple acknowledgment of feeling. What's this garbage about homosexuals?
How on earth do you draw comparison? Or is that another one of your knee-jerk "bow down to Jesus" reactions, slowmutant?

Thought so.

z0rp
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 2:04 pm

slowmutant wrote:
OP:

Criticizing or talking against people's religion or beliefs is not hate speech. You can't exactly find anything that makes homosexuality wrong logically therefore your attacks on it would have to be based on just pure bigotry. (Horrible example you chose by the way) Religion on the other hand is something that you can argue about just as you can with politics. Most people here don't find it as hate speech, and if you don't like to argue about it you shouldn't bother viewing these threads. The title is clearly "I hate religious people", that should be in itself a red flag for you.

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 3:03 pm

lol @ you having the user name of one of Abraham's sons and raging against the religious.

With that out of the way, you kind of have to put up with the religious. They're not going away for a long, long time.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 5:26 pm

z0rp wrote:
slowmutant wrote:
OP:

Criticizing or talking against people's religion or beliefs is not hate speech.

Start flaming Islam and see how well that argument holds. :roll: And he specifically said his problem isn't wholly (or even primarily) with the religion but with its followers. So go ahead, start making derogatory remarks about Muslims and see how the mods react. But when it is (at least implied) that the group being criticized are Christians, any criticism is allowed.

Hypocrisy.

z0rp
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 6:36 pm

Orwell wrote:
z0rp wrote:
slowmutant wrote:
OP:

Start flaming Islam and see how well that argument holds. :roll: And he specifically said his problem isn't wholly (or even primarily) with the religion but with its followers. So go ahead, start making derogatory remarks about Muslims and see how the mods react. But when it is (at least implied) that the group being criticized are Christians, any criticism is allowed.

Hypocrisy.

Well in a sense I have more respect for Christians than I do for Muslims. If I was born a Muslim and committed Apostasy, like I apparently did earlier in my life to the Christian faith my parents forced on me, I'd be put to death. There's plenty to criticize about Islam, and I don't see how it differs from criticizing Christians. Especially here on the internet, I doubt anyone's going to feel threatened by death threats considering just about all of us are anonymous here.

crackedpleasures
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 6:39 pm

Must add that I respect all religions but have most respect for Islam if I really have to chart it. But that is once again a personal opinion, I think religion always comes down to opinions and thus we need to respect each others point of views. Hate speech is just so pointless, just live and let live.

(excerpt from The Book of the Law - Aleister Crowley)

"Od lo avda tikvateinu" (excerpt from the Israeli hymn)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 6:50 pm

I hate religion, but not people for having religion.

Sorta like the way Religionists put it: "Hate the sin, but love the sinner." In my case, it's "Hate religion, but give religionists an even break."

At least until they start bagging on me for my beliefs ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 7:27 am

Orwell wrote:
z0rp wrote:
slowmutant wrote:
OP:

Hypocrisy.

Indeed.

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 7:44 am

How is it hypocrisy? Knee-jerk religious rally... Yeesh.
Slowmutant, you abase yourself before a god that states; Thou Shalt Not Kill! ...but, go ahead and try genocide on Ireland and conquest of Israel...

Admit it, chaff, you hate "infidels" as much as they hate you - and you're still waving that cross at everyone. Hypocritical? Why, yes. I do believe you are.

I never singled out Christianity, morons!! But, it's come up more than once because of the prevalence of "bow down before Christ almighty, infidel!!" rabid christians here.
Why must you play the wounded dog when somebody disagrees with religion in general?
Are you that insecure about your beliefs?! Weakness.

Dogbrain
Toucan
Toucan

26 Sep 2008, 10:31 am

Ishmael wrote:
I'm serious here. I'm honest enough with myself to know I hate the religious. I can't help it; the religious perspective is in stark contrast to my own.

In other words, you're a bigot and a hatemonger, morally identical to Islamicist jihadists.

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 11:09 am

Dogbrain wrote:
Ishmael wrote:
I'm serious here. I'm honest enough with myself to know I hate the religious. I can't help it; the religious perspective is in stark contrast to my own.

In other words, you're a bigot and a hatemonger, morally identical to Islamicist jihadists.

No, knee-jerker, no.
I would not subject religious people to degradation; I merely state my mind.
I would not rally others to believe as I do; I merely state my mind.
I hold morals as identified by physical and natural law. I would not blow people up for thinking different.

But, though you fail to realize, you prove my point.