Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 2:28 am

Insanity never takes a holiday.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 2:44 am

Terrible that these things keep on hapening.

HD3H
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 2:48 am

its truely sad :(

Everchanging
Toucan
Toucan

Location: In my ivory tower where I don't have to pretend to care what you think any more.

24 Sep 2008, 3:08 am

It's not a coincidence Finland is having this problem, because it has some of the most draconian conscription laws in the westernised world: getting out of military service and into non-military service is very difficult. And I've heard accounts from a Finnish acquaintance of young men who go in perfectly normal and come out total f*****g wrecks. So with that in mind what makes anyone think that pumping young peoples' heads full of violence is going to create a peaceful society? And I hope all of the f*****g clueless Daily Heil reading twats in Britain advocating a return to national service completely f*****g choke on this fact.

FieryGatoh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 4:16 am

The world is ever changing
And I don't like what I'm seeing

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 8:41 am

Everchanging wrote:
So with that in mind what makes anyone think that pumping young peoples' heads full of violence is going to create a peaceful society?

Well a person who thinks that must be stupid. Course, thinking that a mind full of violence and nothing but that can magicaly decide to be good I also find stupid to. Alot of people want to think someone else is 100% capable of just magicaly deciding to love other people.

A person has to have learned that love and respect egsist first! It annoys me hearing a repeated ignorant line "They could have decided not to do that." :x Oh, so they think they know how their mind funcions huh?

Last edited by LiendaBalla on 24 Sep 2008, 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 8:44 am

Interesting, i notice that USA and Finland are
nr. 1 and nr. 3 on the list over places with
the most guns availabel. Not saying there`s
a connection, but it is interesting.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 9:00 am

Tragic that it happens though. Some people need guns, but not lunatics or corrupt people!

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 9:54 am

here we are again :( where in hell thes b*****s come? we should be living in safe country for god sake

Everchanging
Toucan
Toucan

Location: In my ivory tower where I don't have to pretend to care what you think any more.

24 Sep 2008, 10:29 am

ImTheGuyThatDidThat wrote:

That I didn't realise. It's also emerged in the media that Finnish mental health care leaves much to be desired.

Easy access to guns, poor MH help and draconian national service...a very clear picture is starting to emerge of the nature of the Finnish problem.

Lone_Wolf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 10:59 am

I don't think the high gun ownership is related, relatively few of Finland's murders are commited with guns. The most used weapon is knives, you can buy them at any department store so I don't think tightening the gun laws will take care of the whole problem.

I do agree with the state of our mental health care. I think we rely too much on medication, we should find out the reason behind the mental problems instead of suppressing them with drugs.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 1:18 pm

*waves hands in air* all we are saying...is give peace

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 11:32 am

ImTheGuyThatDidThat wrote:

just remember that correlation does not imply causality.
people have gone insane in japan and germany and slashed and stabbed multiple people to death with knives and swords and....

people have gone insane elsewhere and blown them up with explosives. or put poison in the church coffeepot (i think that one was canada).

there was that one guy, about..i think...75 years ago somewhere in the heartland of america who took offense with the local school board over something. so he hid it all and volunteered to do work around the school, fixing up the electrical wiring in the basement, etc. the kids looked on him as the kindly, if aloof, janitor. who rigged the place with explosives under the floor and blew it up one day while all the elementary school kids where in it at their lessons. basically murdered the entire next generation of that town. when the principle and school board head came rushing to the scene, he jumped in one of their car windows with a stick of dynamite (if i'm remembering my history correctly).

insanity has many causes, and many effects. i think most people turn it all inward on themselves. for some reason, some can't and they explode outward.

in both cases, it's very, very sad.

countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Sep 2008, 1:02 am

Yeah someone stabbed a student whom I sat next to every day in my high school. It was truly shocking and sad to see someone like him, who was nice to everyone he knew, lose his life. I still think about what happened every now and then.