Real life celebrities who have or probably have Aspergers

Page 7 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 1:12 am

Kat15 wrote:
jivefx wrote:
I believe Siohban Magnus definately has Asperger's.

how?

I love Siobhan Magnus and I also think she definitely has AS. I'd bet money on it. Since I'm a big fan of hers I know a lot about her:

- Idol actually has a clause in her contract that she can't wear heels cuz she will fall in them
- during Idol rehearsals they would play a game where everyone had to guess the next lyric of a song and Siobhan monopolized it to the point that they had to quit playing
- obscure, strange and intense interests
- interest in kiddie stuff as well as gory horror movies, very juxtaposed
- her own friends call her "very eccentric"
- can't seem to take criticism (broke down on Idol due to this)
- monotone voice (I know that's a stereotype)
- bluntly honest about everything
- constantly turns conversations back on herself, can go on an on about her special interests with no regard for the other person's possible boredom
- bizarre fashion sense
- bullied harshly in school, was spit on and had stuff thrown at her
- dropped out of college because she didn't like the social scene
- has a strange vocabulary and use of metaphor ("I have a 90s stain on my soul"), outdated phrases like "Oh, brother" and "over the moon"
- fans at the Idol concerts have said she takes extremely long amounts of time to perfect her autographs
- Kara remarked on the show that Siobhan "seems more comfortable on a stage than anywhere else in her life"

I don't know her personally but I would be really surprised if she is not an Aspie.

Hound_of_Ulster
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Jul 2010, 1:35 am

Some of Lady Gaga's antics lately could fit the Aspie category, but she could just be a little crazy

I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obvious...that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it.

John Stuart Mill

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 1:44 am

Hm Andy Kaufman? I have always thought he seemed Aspie to me.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 1:59 am

My list of unconfirmed diagnosis's that I will edit when I think of more.

Ted Bundy
Abraham Lincoln
Andy Kaufman
Shiobahn Magnus
Paul Simon
Dan Akyroyd
Meg White
Daryl Hannah
Crispin Glover
Michael Jackson
Richard Nixon
Courtney Love
Amy Lee

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 7:48 pm

I've heard the brother of Augusten Burroughs author of,"Running with Scissors"" has AS

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 8:42 pm

ProfessorX wrote:
I've heard the brother of Augusten Burroughs author of,"Running with Scissors"" has AS

He does, and he even wrote a book about it (Look Me In The Eye).

Xenu wrote:

Ted Bundy
Abraham Lincoln
Andy Kaufman
Shiobahn Magnus
Paul Simon
Dan Akyroyd
Meg White
Daryl Hannah
Crispin Glover
Michael Jackson
Richard Nixon
Courtney Love
Amy Lee

Courtney Love was diagnosed with autism as a kid, and IIRC Dan Akyroyd has mentioned that he has Asperger's.

The rest, though? I think you're confusing "eccentric" with "Asperger's." Also, Michael Jackson had a traumatic childhood and that can really mess a person up, even if they're neurotypical.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 10:37 pm

Delirium wrote:
ProfessorX wrote:

He does, and he even wrote a book about it (Look Me In The Eye).

Xenu wrote:

Ted Bundy
Abraham Lincoln
Andy Kaufman
Shiobahn Magnus
Paul Simon
Dan Akyroyd
Meg White
Daryl Hannah
Crispin Glover
Michael Jackson
Richard Nixon
Courtney Love
Amy Lee

Courtney Love was diagnosed with autism as a kid, and IIRC Dan Akyroyd has mentioned that he has Asperger's.

The rest, though? I think you're confusing "eccentric" with "Asperger's." Also, Michael Jackson had a traumatic childhood and that can really mess a person up, even if they're neurotypical.

Ted Bundy- Was considered a genius by peers and others yet was horrible socially and was ridiculed for it. Also his foot fetish was an immense fixation with his murders which could point to Aspergers as well. Also the Psychologist that was appointed to him while he was on Death Row pretty much just out and out said he was Aspergers by the way he described him by his lack of socialness, no eye contact, fidgety, not understanding social norms and several other things that point to it

Abraham Lincoln- Was said to be an amazing speaker yet terrible in one to one conversations

Andy Kaufman- Very unaware of what is socially appropriate and his sudden anger outbursts over sometimes seemingly meaningless could point to it.

Shiobhan Magnus- That was is just obvious

Crispin Glover- Okay he just screams aspie in every possible way

Paul Simon- Listen to alot of his music and it talks about his lack of understanding social norms as well as him in interviews he comes across as an aspie

Dan Akyroyd- You says he was already diagnosed so I don't need to talk about him

Meg White- Hates being interviews because she says she doesn't like talking to people much because she is uncomfortable in social situations and when she is in interviews she comes across very aspieish along with a monotoneish voice.

Daryl Hannah- Her childhood seeing her in interviews kind of point to having aspergers

Michael Jackson- I guess his childhood could have something to do with it but he has always screamed aspie to me in every possible way.

Richard Nixon- Now he could have just been paranoid but for some reason he always kind of had an Aspie vibe to me watching videos of him and seeing him in interviews

Courtney Love- Same with Dan Akyroyd

Amy Lee- I was reading about her childhood as well as reading about her in general after having another user here state it as a possibility and am almost sure she is aspie.

LP0rc
Raven
Raven

08 Jul 2010, 11:02 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Kieth Olbermann, of MSNBC's Countdown with Kieth Olbermann has often been included on lists of celebrities with Asperger's.

I'll have to observe him more closely, but my superficial first instinct is no.

SchindlerHaughton
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jul 2010, 1:00 am

Rivers Cuomo- Listening to his songs (particularly off Pinkerton) shows that he has had an odd love life. One particular case of that is obsessing over a Japanese girl that wrote him a fan letter. He has also had problems with depression and has a geeky style and weird sense of fashion.

J. Mascis- I saw someone mention him earlier, and I couldn't help but agree.

Dave Matthews- He has always struck me as an Aspie. He has a strange sense of fashion, and often communicates with the crowd in strange ways (he once opened up a concert with "You all smell really good tonight.").

Noel Gallagher- I don't know what it is about him, but I've always thought he had a light form of Aspergers. He often uses advanced vocabulary in his songwriting. He is also very outspoken, controlling in a way, and constantly feuds with his brother Liam. He also has a very heavy accent, although I'm not sure if that has to do with anything.

Steve Jobs- He seems to have his routines down in his keynotes. First of all, he is famous for always showing up in a black turtle neck and jeans. He is also described by many as living in a "reality distortion field" and will often be very ambitious about any new idea he has (and he won't stop until it's just the way he wants it).

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 4:04 am

SchindlerHaughton wrote:
Rivers Cuomo- Listening to his songs (particularly off Pinkerton) shows that he has had an odd love life. One particular case of that is obsessing over a Japanese girl that wrote him a fan letter. He has also had problems with depression and has a geeky style and weird sense of fashion.

I think so too.

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 7:38 am

Xenu wrote:
Ted Bundy- Was considered a genius by peers and others yet was horrible socially and was ridiculed for it. Also his foot fetish was an immense fixation with his murders which could point to Aspergers as well. Also the Psychologist that was appointed to him while he was on Death Row pretty much just out and out said he was Aspergers by the way he described him by his lack of socialness, no eye contact, fidgety, not understanding social norms and several other things that point to it

Abraham Lincoln- Was said to be an amazing speaker yet terrible in one to one conversations

Andy Kaufman- Very unaware of what is socially appropriate and his sudden anger outbursts over sometimes seemingly meaningless could point to it.

Paul Simon- Listen to alot of his music and it talks about his lack of understanding social norms as well as him in interviews he comes across as an aspie

Dan Akyroyd- You says he was already diagnosed so I don't need to talk about him

Meg White- Hates being interviews because she says she doesn't like talking to people much because she is uncomfortable in social situations and when she is in interviews she comes across very aspieish along with a monotoneish voice.

Daryl Hannah- Her childhood seeing her in interviews kind of point to having aspergers

Michael Jackson- I guess his childhood could have something to do with it but he has always screamed aspie to me in every possible way.

Richard Nixon- Now he could have just been paranoid but for some reason he always kind of had an Aspie vibe to me watching videos of him and seeing him in interviews

Amy Lee- I was reading about her childhood as well as reading about her in general after having another user here state it as a possibility and am almost sure she is aspie.

So apparently "speaking in a monotone" and "being socially awkward" equals Asperger's. Those aren't purely AS traits.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 10:24 am

She pretty much reminds me of myself, her mannerisms and eye contact and the way she just goes on and on. I really have no doubt.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuoIcjb8t1E[/youtube]

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 10:45 am

Delirium wrote:
Xenu wrote:

So apparently "speaking in a monotone" and "being socially awkward" equals Asperger's. Those aren't purely AS traits.

WOW! That is not just it! It is hard for me to describe exactly why! Why don't you do the research and look at them all instead being like "so so does not constitute so and so".

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 10:51 am

Xenu wrote:
WOW! That is not just it! It is hard for me to describe exactly why! Why don't you do the research and look at them all instead being like "so so does not constitute so and so".

That's kind of what I got from your post. Here's a hint: You can't really diagnose someone unless you've actually met them. For all you know, most of those people could be on drugs, shy, or just simply socially stunted.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 3:01 pm

So I was watching Jay Leno yesterday (was a recording of the night befores) and John C. Reily was on. Now watching him in movies I wouldn't really think Aspergers really. But in this interview I was shocked at how Aspie he seemed. He gave almost no eye contact and when he did it felt forced, he spoke in a very loud and monotone voice and kind of rambled/went on and on about some things and didn't really no how to carry the conversation. and he also does weird things with his hands.

Here is the interview
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEW5rnW3lRI[/youtube]

SpencerKieft
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jul 2010, 8:40 pm

Ladyhawke (Phillipa Brown) is the reason I found out that I have Asperger's I heard some of her music on Youtube, I think. I really liked it so I read her bio on Wikipedia. When it mentioned she had Asperger's I thought, "What exactly is Asperger's anyway?" When I started reading articles on Asperger's it was like "Hey, that's the story of my life. That's why I've been so socially awkward my whole life (not to mention other symptoms and comorbidities). I just thought I'd share that little story.