Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

happypuff
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Oct 2008, 4:03 am

How much is 'a lot'? What ones count?

Like I have about 100-110 people at the moment from my high school on there and I don't talk to them at all (literally not at all, I didn't talk to them during school and I don't talk to them now), yet they're still 'friends', and they make up ~2/3rds of my total friends

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2008, 1:42 pm

Loborojo wrote:
I hate this, I get so often invites from all those site that say "thsi one wants to be your friend ( I never met the person and I don't knwo how they got my adress). The same on many art websites I am on. Or Youtube..this one wants to add you to his friends list. You rhen answer or ask why, what is the interest and I never get a reply of those who wish to add me to their list!! !
It is insane and now I simply delete them

LOL - agreed! I added a bunch of writers as friends on Authornation.com (social network for writers) after they sent a message wanting to add me -- and after I approved them, they never spoke to me again. I even contacted them to discuss writing and got no reply. I then wondered what the purpose of having online 'friends' on my page was for anyway. So that I could look 'popular?' Load of crap, I think. People just want to add you so they look more popular. There's no real point to it.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2008, 3:36 pm

Silver_Meteor wrote:
Do you think someone can have a lot of friends on Facebook and still be on the Autism Spectrum?

The two are completely unrelated. On Facebook, I've encountered a lot of people from junior high and high school who sought me out, despite the fact that I felt completely detached from them and largely ostracized. Apparently, over the years they remember things differently. I've studied and taught at so many different schools, there are contacts and connections from each and everyone. Personally, I didn't choose the terminology of a friend list, but I've met almost everyone person on my Facebook at one time or another. As for MySpace... well, I've been there a long time (one of the first 100,000) and generally have more of my online-only connections on that list. I don't see where the two behaviors conflict; rather, given the tendency of those on the spectrum to have focused interests and almost obsessive traits, it makes a degree of sense for me that such events would occur.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!