Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2008, 6:52 pm

silentbob15 wrote:
She was on a CBC show called The Hour with George Stroumboulopoulos, which is an interview show
here in Canada, she comes off as being very ignorant regarding autism, she really acted like a total spazz

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1u1rOVzkEc[/youtube]

Who does she think she is? Jesus?
Listening to her makes me ill.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2008, 7:58 pm

pheonixiis wrote:
LeKiwi wrote:
Lol @ PhilosopherBoi. Stick to what you know dude!!

1 - It's an estimated <30% of the population are sensitive to gluten. The vast majority of that goes undiagnosed or manifests as other problems, such as problems with absorption leading to deficiencies in various vitamins and minerals, related intestinal/GI disorders, skin problems, headaches, CFS, growth problems, hormone problems, etc etc. Gluten sensitivity is vastly misdiagnosed if not undiagnosed altogether, but thankfully more and more people are becoming aware of it.

Sources? Not attacking, just interested. A few people have said cutting gluten may help with my asthma.

Too many to list!! Do a google and you'll find plenty. It's one of the most common allergies/sensitivities so there's plenty around about it. Anyway, it's one of those things where you've not really got anything to lose by trying, it's not like you need gluten to survive or anything. There are lots of gluten-free alternatives around for relatively cheap (I actually find I prefer gluten-free crackers and gluten-free cake and gluten-free pasta anyway, and if you shop around it's not as pricy as people make it out to be, at least where I am).

Quote:
LeKiwi wrote:

6 - Many vaccines are contaminated, as the method in which they're made means they can't not be. I suggest googling SV-40 in polio vaccines for one example. [SV-40 is Simian Virus 40, a cancer-causing virus from monkeys that contaminated/contaminates the very, very vast majority, if not all, polio vaccines, specifically the oral ones. And yes, viruses do cause cancer, as the current propaganda scare campaign about HPV should go to show].

Yes. Viruses can cause cancer. SV-40 may increase the risk for cancer in humans. The jury still out however.

Just because some of these vaccines contain this (probably) dangerous agent doesn't mean that thimersol causes autism.

I never said it did. :)

Quote:
LeKiwi wrote:
7 - There are plenty of other neurotoxic additives and adjuvants, as well as other dangerous and contaminated ones, used in vaccines. This includes but is not limited to aluminium, formaldehyde (embalming fluid), monosodium glutamate (MSG), free glutamate, glycols, cells from aborted human fetuses, egg albumin, pig, cow and chickens, antibiotics, sodium borate, neomycin... all of which have the potential to cause damage to the human brain AND the human immune system obviously, as well as other systems in the body, and potentially lead to autism type behaviours, as well as countless other kinds of systemic damage and failure.

Antiobiotics cause brain damage huh? I suppose certain ones, under certain conditions, interacting with certain systems. Could be. However, antibiotics are grouped by function not content. Which antibiotics? Different antibiotics work different ways, do different things, function differently with different systems, etc...

Unless you were talking about how they will ultimately cause bacteria to evolve to cope with them.

Some can cause partial depression of the immune system.

This is a huge topic. I just mean in depth and breadth of information. The sheer volume of different types and interactions, and modifiers drives me bonkers.

When it comes to antibiotics, unless you have a degree in molecular biology (which, I must admit, I don't. A curriculum so heavy in it that it sank, is precisely what scared me from the veterinary medicine program at Texas A&M. 8O Yikes!), I would avoid mentioning that one completely... At least here.

Adjuvent-Immunology. a substance admixed with an immunogen in order to elicit a more marked immune response. Ummm... Yeah. It's a vaccine!

MSG-some people are very reactive to that and many are not at all.

Cells from aborted fetuses-Err... So? I have never heard of there being a risk of brain damage, or auto-immune suppression, or frankly any other side affect from the introduction of fetal cells, save a possible ethical dilemma.

Egg Albumin- Is supposed to do... What? Exactly? No really. I'm baffled by this one and too lazy to look it up.

Formaldehyde/aluminium/sodium borate-You have a point.

The rest... I dunno. I flat don't know. I'm not sure what your reference to the barn life was about exactly, or you issue with that. I'm pretty sure they aren't putting a cow patti into the polio vaccine (but I've been wrong before),.

Antibiotics are probably one of the greatest medical inventions in my opinion, they're fantastic. I've nothing against them. But given how bad it is to give them out all the time, I don't see that including them in jabs given 7 at a time to tiny babies is a good idea. But you're right, it's not one of the worst things in the jabs by a long shot.

Egg albumin is fine in and of itself, the problem is that it's one of the most common allergies, and one that you generally don't find out about until you start giving a baby solid food, which usually isn't until they're at least 6 months old. If you inject them with something they're very allergic to when they're so young you don't actually know they have that allergy and they haven't the strength to fight it off yet... well, you get the idea I'm sure.

MSG is an excitotoxin; it has a serious negative effect on everyone, some just display more immediately than others. Either way, it's got no place in vaccines. It's also something that is neurotoxic... and we're looking at links here between vaccines and a neurological problem...

Aborted fetuses... well, I dunno about you, but the thought really makes me shudder. Ethically and in a 'why would you want someone else's dead baby cells in your child's arm?' kind of a way.

The barn life - all cultures and cells used in vaccines (look at that table I linked).

Quote:
LeKiwi wrote:
8 - Note above: we aren't just talking about autism when we say they pose major dangers - there are countless other ways in which vaccines can cause harm.

Err... Yeah.

But, I thought that the topic was about the link about autism specifically. I could be wrong. I can be a little slow.

Also, I would put forth-'theoretical major dangers.', (as an alternative).

But then again, so is Polio. Pick your poison. I'd rather take my chances with the formaldehyde.

This reminds me of something I'm dealing with right now.
Apparently, I had a killer kidney infection and didn't know it, (until I started peeing blood. Yeah. Yeah. I know. TMI). Anywaaayyy...

So, they give me these really ugly antibiotics (cause I can't take penicillin), and a nifty little packet with a list of side effects and a little excerpt that said "Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people who use this medication do not have serious side effects." Nice.

I don't if they have to put this on everything now, and I just now saw it, or what. Still, makes ya' think. Either way, these meds suck. I'm puking. I'm dizzy. My head hurts. But... Dizzy vs. a hospital stay due to blood poisoning. Puking vs. dialysis. Hmmm.... Boy, tough choice there. :roll:

Well, Jenny is talking about making vaccines safer in general, not being anti-vaccine, and not only talking about autism. It just gets swung that way because her son is autistic by the media.

Again, go the anti-biotics. Great things and absolute life-savers when needed. But there's a difference between taking something with possible side-effects when it's a case of 'take it or you will die', and taking something with a long list of probably side-effects and unknown long-term effects that toys with the immunity of babies for something that will probably never happen. Thank you hygiene and closed sewers and antibiotics.

Quote:
LeKiwi wrote:

14 - What's the point in giving a baby the Hep B vaccine when the chances of a child coming into contact with it are next to none, unless they live with druggies, and it will have worn off by the time they're older and the risk factors for them coming into contact with it will increase?

Okay. I'll buy that.

See the point? Why not leave it till they're older and better able to deal with the vaccine at an age they're actually going to be in some sort of a potential danger of it? Even that would make me so much happier.

Quote:
LeKiwi wrote:
Again, stick to what you know. There's so much wrong with what you just wrote that it's laughable; you've clearly not done any research at all, from pro OR anti vaccine sources!!

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Save that I think you have done research. Albeit mostly from biased sources. I think you have an personal agenda here. I thought journalists were taught objectivity.

You don't know enough about the science involved to make unbiased, informed decisions about what you are reading. I have just glimpsed the education necessary to understand it and ran away screaming.

The base is broad. The mountain is high. You (probably),or I (definitely) are not any where near there.

I'm studying it so i can comment in an even more informed manner than has been previously possible. Already onto that one. ;)

My only agenda is to try and make people realise how absurd so much of it has become. Even to just cut the schedule down to the truly serious diseases and spread it out so the children are older when they start and don't get 7 or 8 in one go would make me that much happier. I just wish people would think instead of being dictated to, because it's the children who are dying and being maimed and injured who are the ones suffering.

pheonixiis
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2008, 9:21 am

Okay. What you have said here makes sense. ^

Not to get too nit picky but this...

LeKiwi wrote:
7 - There are plenty of other neurotoxic additives and adjuvants, as well as other dangerous and contaminated ones, used in vaccines. This includes but is not limited to aluminium, formaldehyde (embalming fluid), monosodium glutamate (MSG), free glutamate, glycols, cells from aborted human fetuses, egg albumin, pig, cow and chickens, antibiotics, sodium borate, neomycin... all of which have the potential to cause damage to the human brain AND the human immune system obviously, as well as other systems in the body, and potentially lead to autism type behaviours, as well as countless other kinds of systemic damage and failure.

...well, there were a lot of different components thrown into three categories of potential harm. One of which was very broad and undefined. That was where I bristled a bit. It was vague, and bordering on fear mongering to my mind.

Your explanations made sense though.

I did not know everyone had a reaction to MSG. Ya, learn somethin' new everyday.

Egg albumin-good point.
I might even be argued that that introduction could stimulate an allergy. One does wonder.

As far as the fetuses. Nope. I don't care.

They at least need to inform people about what is in these shots. Agreed.

-Walt Whitman

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2008, 9:28 am

She obviously leads a very busy life, as does her partner.

Therefore their child(ren) must be cared for primarily by hired nannies. That is unless they leave them in the mansion alone all the time, which would be considered neglect at that age.

So Jenny McCarthy is not exactly walking in the shoes of parents of autistic children as she implies in the article.

Quote:
“I look at (Amanda) now and say to myself, ‘That was me before I had autism in my life,’ and until she walks in our shoes, she really has no idea,” McCarthy added.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2008, 10:21 am

Jenny McCarthy can do us all a favour and crawl in a hole and die.