Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 11:56 am

Orwell wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:
His was a statement intended to sound sympathetic whilst blowing you off at the same time.

I'll never understand NT's. :?

Why can't people communicate unambiguously?

because they're considered as*holes.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzoPTtTfcrA[/youtube]

/credit louis ck...for whom the as*hole riff was stolen from.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Last edited by skafather84 on 12 Oct 2008, 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 12:53 pm

chever wrote:
Whenever people offer me a drink, I claim that I'm allergic to alcohol.

LOL

See? I know a million guys to which if you answered "no" they would just keep saying "C'mon, c'mon, have a beer!"

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 12:59 pm

That video is no longer available Skafather. Now I'm curious. What was it about?

-Pythagoras

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 1:07 pm

Phagocyte wrote:
chever wrote:
Whenever people offer me a drink, I claim that I'm allergic to alcohol.

LOL

See? I know a million guys to which if you answered "no" they would just keep saying "C'mon, c'mon, have a beer!"

I can easily enough state that I live on a substance-free floor, and am not permitted to drink. That is true, and would tend to do the trick. Or I could just say "I don't drink." (Also true) My voice is flat and blunt enough that most people quickly realize the futility of attempting to use peer pressure on me..

chever
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 2:06 pm

Orwell wrote:
I can easily enough state that I live on a substance-free floor, and am not permitted to drink. That is true, and would tend to do the trick. Or I could just say "I don't drink." (Also true) My voice is flat and blunt enough that most people quickly realize the futility of attempting to use peer pressure on me..

But you can't do that to Asians. I have to decline politely and try to come up with a plausible excuse. My 'alcohol allergy' fib works pretty well.

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 3:12 pm

^That's funny. My hubby and I were just talking last night about how some people are really offended when we refuse to drink with them. Why is that offensive?

chever
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 3:33 pm

claire333 wrote:
^That's funny. My hubby and I were just talking last night about how some people are really offended when we refuse to drink with them. Why is that offensive?

Because people act with lower inhibition when they are smashed (and therefore are more open), declining alcohol might seem to say "I'm not one of you." / "I don't care about you."

Last edited by chever on 12 Oct 2008, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 5:04 pm

If I was being totally honest, I'd say that the way American politics works isn't really as "honest" as the UK and Australian systems. Sure, ours aren't perfect either but at least you don't have to already be a millionaire to get elected.

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 6:40 pm

Orwell wrote:
My voice is flat and blunt enough that most people quickly realize the futility of attempting to use peer pressure on me..
Sure, that works every time. I've perfected that look. That's why most people hate me. What kind of a weirdo is immune to peer pressure? What other form of interaction is there?

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 6:57 pm

If something happens where some Timothy Mcvay character does something in response to what you are talking about, you better watch out.
If you believe 911 was an inside job, it's very likely they would plan on staging some kind of home grown terrorism event to put everyone back on the same page. All it takes is one catastrophic event to put everyone back in the state of mind like they were after 911. It will be very easy to fashion their minds and prepare for Martial Law.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Jux68F_AQ[/youtube]

-Pythagoras