Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

finrod
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Oct 2008, 11:45 am

Dad names newborn "Sarah McCain Palin Ciptak" without telling mom - they'd previously agreed to Ava Grace Ciptak

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/ive-ca ... 68379.html

I've heard many cases where the father recorded a different name than what was previously agreed to and that became the kids legal name.

Why is the father given the right to choose the name without the mothers consent? Unless its the case of a single parent (in which case it should be the mom who is the only one present) then both parents signatures should be obtained before the baby is legally named

And just think what this child is going to have deal with for the rest of her life, if mcain-palin get elected and some scandal happens with one of them, particularly Sarahl.

Don't think that's likely - how would you feel if your name was William Jefferson Clinton Smith?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2008, 11:48 am

finrod wrote:
Why is the father given the right to choose the name without the mothers consent?

The same reason that the mom is given the right to abort a child without the father's consent - it's nobody else's business.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2008, 12:27 pm

I distinctly remember both of us having to sign the certificates on which our children were legally named, given that we were both available to sign.

But that may not be the case everywhere.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2008, 1:05 pm

Fnord wrote:
finrod wrote:
Why is the father given the right to choose the name without the mothers consent?

The same reason that the mom is given the right to abort a child without the father's consent - it's nobody else's business.

Naming a child is not a paternal right.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2008, 2:25 pm

finrod wrote:
Dad names newborn "Sarah McCain Palin Ciptak" without telling mom - they'd previously agreed to Ava Grace Ciptak

I've heard many cases where the father recorded a different name than what was previously agreed to and that became the kids legal name.

Why is the father given the right to choose the name without the mothers consent? Unless its the case of a single parent (in which case it should be the mom who is the only one present) then both parents signatures should be obtained before the baby is legally named

there are cases in single parents when it is just ther dad

finrod

16 Oct 2008, 2:29 pm

Eggman wrote:
finrod wrote:

Not at the time of birth

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 2:50 am

finrod wrote:
Eggman wrote:
finrod wrote:

Not at the time of birth

actually yes they can...
stop thinking...
optimistacally...
And you will understand