Page 9 of 9 [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

analyser23
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Aug 2011, 5:15 am

lol it is funny to see so many people on here completely rule out Indigo Children while so many others out there are still looking for proof of Asperger's ;)

As for me, I am open to believe both. Once upon a time people would have laughed at us for saying there was something different about us (i.e. asperger's). Now it is starting to become better understood and believed (still no 100% proof yet though, that I am aware of anyway).

If we want others to respect the fact we have Asperger's, then it might be nice to also keep an open mind as to what else is out there. And as to whether or not Aspies ARE Indigo children, who knows, but at least it has a nice positive spin with it, particularly the aspect of wanting to make a difference in this World.

Personally, I hope people like this DO exist. This World needs a change for the better.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2011, 5:47 am

I didn't read this whole thread, just the definition of Indigo children. I don't think that sounded like aspies at all. Since when are we particularly empathetic? :D I think aspies aren't likely to be more spiritual either.

I have pretty strong color synesthesia and I don't see how that have anything to do with aura. People actually have real colors. Only things that don't have real colors like sound, feelings, concepts count as synesthesia if you can "see" them with consistent colors.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2011, 9:07 am

All this mystical mumbo-jumbo is worse than meaningless, as it associates non-existent forces (astrology, psychic, magic, whatever) with a very real condition, thus removing incentive for treatment. People used to think that epileptics "communed with the gods" whenever they had a seizure, and often let them flail around on the floor and drown in their own vomit. It's a shame that humankind still has not progressed beyond ascribing non-existent super-natural forces to something they don't really understand.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.