Page 6 of 9 [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 11:35 am

Yes, I've heard about this and I must tell you that aspies are neither crystal nor indigo children. Why? Because Crystal/indigo children don't exist. It's a load of crap and that woman is either lying, extremely naive, extremely stupid or mentally ill.

Sorry for the angry tone of my message, but I hate this "alternative science" crap. These people fool innocent people into thinking that real medicine is bad for you and that real doctors are harmful, so people don't get the help that they need, even if they have a serious condition. People lie to the parents of children with ADHD, Autism, LD's, Mental retardation and even mental illnesses such as schizophrenia or bipolar disorder, telling them that they are psychic and not actually disabled. I find it abhorrent that these children suffer and don't get the help that they need because their parents are in so much denial and are so naive or stupid or equally disturbed that they refuse to see a professional.

If I was in your position, I would have told her, outright, that her stance on medicine and her beliefs were harmful to society and especially to vulnerable people such as the mentally disabled/mentally ill.

also:

Magnus wrote:
I agree that there is something changing in human consciousness. I think we are on a verge of a great leap in human evolution.
There is much to explore in regards to the mind but we can't do it if we don't think for ourselves. I'm so tired of people claiming to be scientific yet they are so unwilling to experiment with the idea of the possibility that energy can exist without a physical body. The brain is underused and undervalued.
When a placebo affect healing occurs, they dismiss it and say it's all in the mind. We have so much untapped potential.

What on EARTH are you talking about? Humans are CONSTANTLY evolving! Evolution doesn't work like in Pokemon; as long as humans are reproducing and passing their genetic information onto the next generation and as long as the environment changes (and it does) then we are always evolving. Also, no scientist is "unwilling to experiment with the idea of the possibility that energy can exist without a physical body. " (whatever that means). A scientist always pursues the truth. What a scientist doesn't do is that they don't say that something is true until they have a sufficient amount of evidence to support their hypothesis. I mean, there could very well be pink unicorns on the planet earth, but we don't make the claim that it's true and most of us would dismiss that because we don't have enough evidence to support that.

And, yes - we do have a lot of potential, but that doesn't mean that we're closed minded just because we don't believe that humans have the ability to use psychic powers or if psychic powers are even possible. If you want to test your potential, why don't you learm a skill that you've never done before, like learning how to play music or learning how to draw. At least it's more productive than mentlly masturbating about how you can "connect to the other side".

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 12:35 pm

MindBlind wrote:
Yes, I've heard about this and I must tell you that aspies are neither crystal nor indigo children. Why? Because Crystal/indigo children don't exist. It's a load of crap and that woman is either lying, extremely naive, extremely stupid or mentally ill.

Sorry for the angry tone of my message, but I hate this "alternative science" crap. These people fool innocent people into thinking that real medicine is bad for you and that real doctors are harmful, so people don't get the help that they need, even if they have a serious condition. People lie to the parents of children with ADHD, Autism, LD's, Mental retardation and even mental illnesses such as schizophrenia or bipolar disorder, telling them that they are psychic and not actually disabled. I find it abhorrent that these children suffer and don't get the help that they need because their parents are in so much denial and are so naive or stupid or equally disturbed that they refuse to see a professional.

If I was in your position, I would have told her, outright, that her stance on medicine and her beliefs were harmful to society and especially to vulnerable people such as the mentally disabled/mentally ill.

also:

Magnus wrote:
I agree that there is something changing in human consciousness. I think we are on a verge of a great leap in human evolution.
There is much to explore in regards to the mind but we can't do it if we don't think for ourselves. I'm so tired of people claiming to be scientific yet they are so unwilling to experiment with the idea of the possibility that energy can exist without a physical body. The brain is underused and undervalued.
When a placebo affect healing occurs, they dismiss it and say it's all in the mind. We have so much untapped potential.

What on EARTH are you talking about? Humans are CONSTANTLY evolving! Evolution doesn't work like in Pokemon; as long as humans are reproducing and passing their genetic information onto the next generation and as long as the environment changes (and it does) then we are always evolving. Also, no scientist is "unwilling to experiment with the idea of the possibility that energy can exist without a physical body. " (whatever that means). A scientist always pursues the truth. What a scientist doesn't do is that they don't say that something is true until they have a sufficient amount of evidence to support their hypothesis. I mean, there could very well be pink unicorns on the planet earth, but we don't make the claim that it's true and most of us would dismiss that because we don't have enough evidence to support that.

And, yes - we do have a lot of potential, but that doesn't mean that we're closed minded just because we don't believe that humans have the ability to use psychic powers or if psychic powers are even possible. If you want to test your potential, why don't you learm a skill that you've never done before, like learning how to play music or learning how to draw. At least it's more productive than mentlly masturbating about how you can "connect to the other side".

While I agree in principle with much of what you said, I must point out that science does not deal in truth. In fact, all that science can address is that which can be empirically measured and derived. Before one can assume that science is sufficient for describing reality one would have to prove that ALL things knowable are knowable through scientific method and that no reliable knowledge can be derived by any other method.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Nov 2010, 12:58 pm

wavefreak58 wrote:
While I agree in principle with much of what you said, I must point out that science does not deal in truth. In fact, all that science can address is that which can be empirically measured and derived. Before one can assume that science is sufficient for describing reality one would have to prove that ALL things knowable are knowable through scientific method and that no reliable knowledge can be derived by any other method.

I have to say that I agree with this. 8)

Maolcolm
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Nov 2010, 1:22 pm

hartzofspace wrote:
wavefreak58 wrote:

I agree too. I'm pleasantly surprised. :)

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 1:23 pm

hartzofspace wrote:
wavefreak58 wrote:

Science is a reliable tool for describing PHYSICAL reality as we've come to know it through our senses.

Science can't measure what cannot be measured physically. BTW, I would have to say that science does not deal in "truth" per se. It deals in observations and bases its theories around what we have come to understand SO FAR in accordance with the best available evidence.

However, personally, I'm not inclined to believe that which there is absolutely no evidence for and for which I have no personal reason to believe.

"Crystal Children/Blue People" = tthhhhpppttttt. If someone wants me to believe otherwise, kindly present tangible evidence. Failing that, I've no more reason to take you seriously than I do any other person who wants me to believe any manner of outlandish statements.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Maolcolm
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Nov 2010, 1:55 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Science is a reliable tool for describing PHYSICAL reality as we've come to know it through our senses.

Yes, although this boundary is being blurred somewhat with the discoveries of quantum physics. I always think that if more people were aware of the truly bizarre theories and discoveries of quantum physics then they would be far less likely to be derisive about some of the metaphysical and 'new age' types of ideas out there.

The Universe has already been scientifically established to be infinitely weirder than many of seem to realize or allow for. Essentially, the classically 'physical' world we perceive and see as 'reality', does not actually exist. That "matter does not exist" is something that you will be just as likely to hear an eminent quantum physicist say as a spiritual guru of Advaita Vedanta:

"I can tell you, I have spent 50 years of my life doing research into the question of what is matter, and the outcome is matter does not exist!" - Hans-Peter Durr, Nuclear Physicist, Former Director Max Planck Institute.

Therefore I tend not to rule things out too quickly and try to retain an open mind.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 2:15 pm

Maolcolm wrote:

The Universe has already been scientifically established to be infinitely weirder than many of seem to realize or allow for

Amazingly freaking cool, isn't it?

Maolcolm
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Nov 2010, 2:24 pm

wavefreak58 wrote:
Maolcolm wrote:

The Universe has already been scientifically established to be infinitely weirder than many of seem to realize or allow for

Amazingly freaking cool, isn't it?

Absolutely! I can't pretend to understand it all by any means, but I understand enough to have my mind thoroughly blown. Which is both a rather intimidating and thrilling experience.:)

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 2:49 pm

Maolcolm wrote:
[The Universe has already been scientifically established to be infinitely weirder than many of seem to realize or allow for. .

That's true. However, a lot of people use that to claim that therefore I should believe whatever weird thing they can think up, simply because weird things are somtimes true. Yes. Weird things are sometimes true. This does not mean that if a thing is weird, it must be true.

Maolcolm
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Nov 2010, 3:23 pm

Janissy wrote:
Yes. Weird things are sometimes true. This does not mean that if a thing is weird, it must be true.

Agreed. That's why I try to retain an open mind, rather than believing or rejecting.

Dismissing something as ridiculous and impossible because it "sounds weird" is as unreasonable as believing everything unquestioningly. Yet, most people do reject things unthinkingly if they "sound weird" and imagine they are somehow superior and more "realistic" than the believers and they feel validated by the numbers who share their view. This haughty 'herd mentality' often induces them to pour scorn and derision on the 'believers'. Yet both groups basically share the same irrational mental dynamic, just with different conclusions.

Having said that.... for the sake of amusing argument, it could perhaps be legitimately claimed that the Universe is so weird that every "weird thing" must be 'true'. The very size of the Universe may necessitate this this as does the Many Worlds theory.

Fun ideas to toy with :)

"The best current evidence is that the universe is infinite in size.... Once we allow the universe to be infinitely big, everything that has any chance of occurring must occur somewhere in the universe, in fact if must occur infinitely many times....
In an infinite universe, there would be an infinite number of stars basically identical to our Sun. Of those, only a tiny fraction would also have a planet the same size as Earth, but a tiny fraction of infinity is still infinity. Only a tiny fraction of those planets would be the same distance from their star as Earth is from the Sun. Only a tiny fraction of those would have a moon like our Moon. But that's still an infinite number.

Some could have life similar to Earth's life. Some could have life identical to humans. Some could have people absolutely identical to every person on Earth. I know, "not bloody likely", but you're missing the point. In an infinite universe, somewhere this will occur no matter how unlikely.

Somewhere out there, no doubt unimaginably far away, there is an identical Earth with twins of us all. In fact, there must be an infinity of identical Earths. On some of those identical Earths you stopped reading at this point and that world is no longer identical to ours. Spooky, huh?

Once you allow the universe to be infinite, every possibility, no matter how unlikely, must occur somewhere."

"There are an infinite number of mes writing this, and an infinite number of yous reading it.

According to the current standard model of cosmology, the observable universe – containing all the billions of galaxies and trillions upon trillions of stars mentioned above – is just one of an infinite number of universes existing side-by-side, like soap bubbles in a foam. Because they are infinite, every possible history must have played out. But more than that, the number of possible histories is finite, because there have been a finite number of events with a finite number of outcomes. The number is huge, but it is finite. So this exact event, where this author writes these words and you read them, must have happened an infinite number of times.

Even more amazingly, we can work out how far away our nearest doppelganger is. It is, to put it mildly, a large distance: 10 to the power of 10 to the power of 28 meters. That number, in case you were wondering, is one followed by 10 billion billion billion zeroes"

"If you buy into the Many Worlds Theory, the implications are infinite. And let’s be clear about what “infinite” means here. For every action you’ve ever taken, every movement you’ve ever made, even down to the atomic level, there’s a parallel universe out there where you did something else instead. Anything else. Instead of learning guitar, you burst into flames. Instead of opening the fridge, you freebased black tar heroin. Instead of nude rock climbing, you went nude bungee jumping. Instead of reading this article, you worked productively and got a handsome raise. Think about it: in some parallel universe out there, you and your high school sweetheart are making hot, reconciliatory love atop Bob Feeney’s smoldering corpse after you killed a laser-breathing velociraptor with your bare hands. If that thought doesn’t make you feel better about how mundane your actual life is, we don’t know what will."

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 10:24 pm

I am an Indigo and my son is a Crystal. But that does not necessarily apply for everyone under the spectrum.

Jediscraps
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 10:36 pm

Well, can I be the golden child please?
8)

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2010, 12:07 am

Maolcolm wrote:
Once you allow the universe to be infinite, every possibility, no matter how unlikely, must occur somewhere.

Even this statement implies limits. It is a mistake to think that conceiving something as possible makes it possible. An infinite universe still has structure and laws that govern it. The realm of the possible is contained within those laws. This is one of the weird things about the human mind. We seem to easily imagine impossibilities.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2010, 1:50 am

Loborojo wrote:
Today I met another Aspie, a German woman I met on an excursion to Pyramids of Lambayeque here in Chiclayo in Peru. She said she was a shaman and psychic.

In the evening we were back in the city and something struck me when she got agitated by noises and and other things she said struck a chord.

I asked her if she knew about Asperger and I explained. She didn't believe and said it was just another syndrome invented by doctors.

She soon agreed we were both wired too sensitive and I couldn't convince her about Aspie traits and that I was one, she preferred to call us Indigo or Crystal children. She might register on WP. I gave her the adress. I said she could try and debate this here with her arguments. What do you think of her argument??

While I appreciate the esteem in which these people view me, I am of the general opinion that beyond certain relaxational aspects, the new age stuff is generally BS.

violetchild
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Nov 2010, 3:22 am

Indigo, crystal and even the rainbow children are a belief system many of us have (or a knowing). It is possible to be both an Indigo/crystal child as well as an Aspie at the same time. Just like one can be Christian and Aspie or Christian and psychic at the same time. The difference with Indigos.. they arent just sensitive to things but they also come with special talents and gifts. (psychic gifts).

My own daughter is an indigo child, as well as an Aspie. Cause she is an Indigo she varies from other children eg she can see spirits and the auras of people. Ever watched "6th Sense"???, that's my daughter before that movie was even made. She actually things which if another psychic is about is able to see too.

She also at times is telepathic and can speak at times telepathically.

Most Aspies dont know where they are headed in life.. An Indigo child on their path.. carries a lot of Insight and can often have a clear view of where they are headed. Indigo children are often guided by Intuition. Often they also remember their past life times and will be dealing consciously with people from past lifetimes. It is hard for the Indigos being so different to umm I'll call them NTs, as they are very different to a normal Aspie or a normal NT. Past life trauma and their memories .. may thou mess them up this lifetime. (ive met quite messed up Indigos)

Indigo children are often the spoon benders, psychic readers, energy workers, healers, mediums ......

Asperger people are just as likely or unlikely as a NT person to be an Indigo person.

Last edited by violetchild on 12 Nov 2010, 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2010, 3:28 am

violetchild wrote:
Indigo, crystal and even the rainbow children are a belief system many of us have (or a knowing). It is possible to be both an Indigo/crystal child as well as an Aspie at the same time. Just like one can be Christian and Aspie or Christian and psychic at the same time. The difference with Indigos.. they arent just sensitive to things but they also come with special talents and gifts. (psychic gifts).

My own daughter is an indigo child, as well as an Aspie. Cause she is an Indigo she varies from other children eg she can see spirits and the auras of people. Ever watched "6th Sense"???, that's my daughter before that movie was even made. She actually things which if another psychic is about is able to see too.

She also at times is telepathic and can speak at times telepathically.

Most Aspies dont know where they are headed in life.. An Indigo child on their path.. carries a lot of Insight and can often have a clear view of where they are headed. Indigo children are often guided by Intuition. Often they also remember their past life times and will be dealing consciously with people from past lifetimes.

Indigo children are often the spoon benders, psychic readers, energy workers, healers, mediums ......

Asperger people are just as likely or unlikely as a NT person to be an Indigo person.

I've yet to see any empirical evidence supporting these notions.