Page 7 of 9 [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2010, 3:28 am

violetchild wrote:
Indigo, crystal and even the rainbow children are a belief system many of us have (or a knowing). It is possible to be both an Indigo/crystal child as well as an Aspie at the same time. Just like one can be Christian and Aspie or Christian and psychic at the same time. The difference with Indigos.. they arent just sensitive to things but they also come with special talents and gifts. (psychic gifts).

My own daughter is an indigo child, as well as an Aspie. Cause she is an Indigo she varies from other children eg she can see spirits and the auras of people. Ever watched "6th Sense"???, that's my daughter before that movie was even made. She actually things which if another psychic is about is able to see too.

She also at times is telepathic and can speak at times telepathically.

Most Aspies dont know where they are headed in life.. An Indigo child on their path.. carries a lot of Insight and can often have a clear view of where they are headed. Indigo children are often guided by Intuition. Often they also remember their past life times and will be dealing consciously with people from past lifetimes.

Indigo children are often the spoon benders, psychic readers, energy workers, healers, mediums ......

Asperger people are just as likely or unlikely as a NT person to be an Indigo person.

I've yet to see any empirical evidence supporting these notions.

AsIndsigt
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Nov 2010, 3:39 am

i believe im made from flesh. everything else makes no sense to me.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2010, 6:56 am

Yes--do some experiments with your daughter and prove it statistically. Until then, sorry--I'm not going to believe it.

I think that what you're seeing is likely your daughter's hyper-aware sensory system; she has extreme difficulty filtering out relevant stimuli, and so she perceives a great deal more than most people--at the expense of a higher cognitive load and a lower tolerance for stress and stimulation. It is, for example, highly probable that she knows that you are in the room because she hears you breathing, or that she knows someone is coming home because she has mentally filed away patterns of homecoming on various days and recognizes the sound of the car's engine from several blocks away. When you cannot ignore anything, this kind of thing is quite routine. It is, however, not supernatural; it is no more than what you would be able to do if you were forced into paying attention to nearly everything, nearly always (or else zoning out and paying attention to only one extremely narrow thing).

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

b9
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2010, 7:02 am

i was not a a"blue baby". i was born without my neck wrapped in my mothers fallopian tube.

Maolcolm
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Nov 2010, 10:06 am

wavefreak58 wrote:
Maolcolm wrote:
Once you allow the universe to be infinite, every possibility, no matter how unlikely, must occur somewhere.

Even this statement implies limits. It is a mistake to think that conceiving something as possible makes it possible. An infinite universe still has structure and laws that govern it. The realm of the possible is contained within those laws. This is one of the weird things about the human mind. We seem to easily imagine impossibilities.

Agreed. However, because we are nowhere near fully understanding those laws we cannot be sure what exactly "breaks" them and what does not and therefore cannot make a definite judgment. We do not really know what is "impossible". Much of what quantum physics demonstrates is true is impossible from the standpoint of classical physics and violates it's "laws" - as Daniel Greenberger put it, "Quantum Mechanics is Magic". The "possible" may simply be the limit of our scientific understanding at present, rather than an objective limit inherent in the Universe itself.

Or to put it another way, even allowing for "limit", "structure" and "laws" it's possible that the Universe is capable of infinitely more apparent "impossibilities" than our minds can ever conceive of.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2010, 10:32 am

Maolcolm wrote:

Agreed. However, because we are nowhere near fully understanding those laws we cannot be sure what exactly "breaks" them and what does not and therefore cannot make a definite judgment. We do not really know what is "impossible". Much of what quantum physics demonstrates is true is impossible from the standpoint of classical physics and violates it's "laws" - as Daniel Greenberger put it, "Quantum Mechanics is Magic". The "possible" may simply be the limit of our scientific understanding at present, rather than an objective limit inherent in the Universe itself.

Or to put it another way, even allowing for "limit", "structure" and "laws" it's possible that the Universe is capable of infinitely more apparent "impossibilities" than our minds can ever conceive of.

Absolutely! We don't know what we don't know (yeah, a cliche, but it fits).

Loke
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Nov 2010, 10:36 am

wavefreak58 wrote:
Maolcolm wrote:
Once you allow the universe to be infinite, every possibility, no matter how unlikely, must occur somewhere.

Even this statement implies limits. It is a mistake to think that conceiving something as possible makes it possible. An infinite universe still has structure and laws that govern it. The realm of the possible is contained within those laws. This is one of the weird things about the human mind. We seem to easily imagine impossibilities.

Hi. The universe isn't exactly infinite. It's pretty big :p but it has a certain size that can be calculated pretty accurately. (Didn't read the other posts, so I might be missing something here).

Adamantus
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Nov 2010, 10:44 am

k_semler wrote:
Ishmael wrote:
So, what's the difference between calling us "indigo children"? Does it mean anything, or is it just being picky about the name? What's she have against doctors? She claims to be a shaman... Oi, she isn't a weirdo, is she? She doesn't mean by "indigo children" some magical nonsense? Because, then I'd have to laugh derisively and say some very condescending things...

Indigo Children, (Wikipedia)

According to New Age belief, Indigo children are highly sensitive with a clear sense of self-definition and a strong feeling that they need to make a significant difference in the world. They are strong-willed, independent thinkers who prefer to be self-guided rather than directed by others. They are empathic and can easily detect or are in tune with the thoughts of others, and are naturally drawn to matters concerning mysteries, spirituality, the paranormal and the occult, while opposing unquestioned authority and contradictory to convention. They tend to think outside the box, and are often referred to as "system busters." Indigos allegedly possess wisdom and level of awareness "beyond their years." They are also said to have a strong feeling of entitlement, or "deserving to be here."

Some beliefs hold that they are often labeled with the psychiatric diagnoses of Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD), Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Dyslexia, and also Autism, and that they become unsociable when not around other Indigo Children. They are also believed to be prone to depression and sleep disorders such as insomnia and persistent nightmares.[citation needed] Indigo children also possess defining characteristics in learning; indigos tend to be more visual, kinesthetic learners so remember best what they can picture in their brain and create with their hands.[citation needed] Movement is required to keep them better focused.

This is amazing, I fit every bit of that, wow. Don't get me wrong I'm very aware of the "special" element to these conditions but the similarties are profound.

Squirrelrat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Nov 2010, 10:46 am

Some people prefer to explain real phenomena with superstitious nonsense, rather than accept scientifically supported explanations. It is likely that the Indigo/Crystal Children concept was invented by overly proud parents to make their neurally atypical children seem more special than they really are.

Maolcolm
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Nov 2010, 2:19 pm

Loke wrote:

Hi. The universe isn't exactly infinite. It's pretty big :p but it has a certain size that can be calculated pretty accurately. (Didn't read the other posts, so I might be missing something here).

That's not exactly true. The size of the observable Universe can be calculated but that of the Universe itself cannot, and it may well be - and is generally accepted to be - infinite. In short, we know how far we can 'see' but this distance is not the same as 'the size of the Universe'.

The following short video of an explanation given by Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson sums this up pretty well.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD1qAEeyets[/youtube]

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2010, 12:57 pm

violetchild wrote:
Indigo, crystal and even the rainbow children are a belief system many of us have (or a knowing). It is possible to be both an Indigo/crystal child as well as an Aspie at the same time. Just like one can be Christian and Aspie or Christian and psychic at the same time. The difference with Indigos.. they arent just sensitive to things but they also come with special talents and gifts. (psychic gifts).

My own daughter is an indigo child, as well as an Aspie. Cause she is an Indigo she varies from other children eg she can see spirits and the auras of people. Ever watched "6th Sense"???, that's my daughter before that movie was even made. She actually things which if another psychic is about is able to see too.

She also at times is telepathic and can speak at times telepathically.

Most Aspies dont know where they are headed in life.. An Indigo child on their path.. carries a lot of Insight and can often have a clear view of where they are headed. Indigo children are often guided by Intuition. Often they also remember their past life times and will be dealing consciously with people from past lifetimes. It is hard for the Indigos being so different to umm I'll call them NTs, as they are very different to a normal Aspie or a normal NT. Past life trauma and their memories .. may thou mess them up this lifetime. (ive met quite messed up Indigos)

Indigo children are often the spoon benders, psychic readers, energy workers, healers, mediums ......

Asperger people are just as likely or unlikely as a NT person to be an Indigo person.

what is it with the spoon bending thing, anyway? What does bending spoons have to do with knowing where you are 'going in life?'.

Just curious, is all.

Merle

moshalas

13 Nov 2010, 2:13 pm

Hard for everyone to believe that we hold a strong future for the world. Evidence of our inheritance is becoming truer with every passing minute of life. I mean, it all links together when you think about everything: autism, indigo children, bufotenin in the urine, the psychedelic imagination, neurotypicals, the government. At least I can make sense of the direction I am going in.

What concerns me is the ability to accomodate the many others like me who share the same bonding. I hope everyone can do what they can and become true to themselves and others. Experience higher states of mind and build a better world is all I can say. My research is complete and I have no further purpose in life. I feel complete for who I really am.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2010, 9:18 pm

Well, since the idea of Indigo and Crystal and Rainbow was sorta pre ordained to happen, wouldn't all that other bonding of each other just happen, too?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2010, 9:37 pm

spudnik wrote:
No!
I am so sick of hearing this baloney, its a load of crap.

I agree. It is nonsense on stilts.

ruveyn

Dnuos
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2010, 12:50 am

Loborojo wrote:
She soon agreed we were both wired too sensitive and I couldn't convince her about Aspie traits and that I was one, she preferred to call us Indigo or Crystal children. She might register on WP. I gave her the adress. I said she could try and debate this here with her arguments. What do you think of her argument??
I think that was her then, who came and made a thread about this a day or two earlier.

I would prefer that we had something "special" about us like "indigo or crystal"; something mystical instead of some wiring in our brains screwed up. It just sounds more appealing.

I hesitate with the "we", because I don't really fit in with Aspies any more than anyone else, but... meh. As for me, I was an otherkin at one point - whether my neurology differs or not, it was still a nicer way to perceive my differences. Look the term up if you want to know what it means.

Jediscraps
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2010, 12:57 am

Indigo or Crystal children, no thanks.

I prefer autistic spectrum.
These are the sorts of powers this gives me....

The Twilight Zone
It's a Good Life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDGXjWNgHgQ

(I'm joking around....)