Page 8 of 9 [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Jediscraps
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2010, 12:57 am

Indigo or Crystal children, no thanks.

I prefer autistic spectrum.
These are the sorts of powers this gives me....

The Twilight Zone
It's a Good Life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDGXjWNgHgQ

(I'm joking around....)

GaijinRanger
Raven
Raven

14 Nov 2010, 3:55 am

I find it slightly arrogant to think that we know everything that is going on around us. If that were true, then nothing could be unexplained. Correct?

Conversely, I approach topics like this with a healthy amount of skepticism. I want to see proof just as much as any of you.

I'm not shooting it down, but I also don't believe it's entirely accurate. I like my fence.

klikmaus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Aug 2011, 1:49 am

I agree with GaijinRanger. We humans as a species do NOT know everything or else nothing would be a mystery. As as fate has it, there are uncountable mysteries that surround us every day... Mankind is, for the most part, a spiritual creature (or so we think anyways :scratch: ) and generally we allow our religions or current understanding of "modern science" to get in the way of logic, reason, and our own observations. What we call modern technology today would have been considered dark magics as recently as one hundred years ago. So in the topics if things which we don't fully understand, it is ALWAYS best to keep an open mind. To date, the concept of Indigos being a truth in our reality has not been proven as fact but also keep in mind the concept has not definitively been disproven. To date, human beings have yet figured out how to utilize 100% of their brain function, who is to say that more efficient utilization of our "brain power" will enable us to manipulate the electromagnetic environment which surrounds us in a way that mimics telepathy or even directly affect the way mass, energy and time interact? The human brain DOES operate on electrical pulses....
The concept of Indigo children/ adults is rather fanciful, but keep in mind that pocket computers, cellular phones, jet packs, burning lasers, and bionic organs were once far-fetched and fantasy. (The flying car is also very near production stage, I feel the need to add!) Anyone who can honestly say that they don't see an exponential amount of change in human behavior AND in the earth completely over the last hundred years as opposed to the thousands of years preceding our current times is extremely ignorant. At the very least, if mankind continues on it's current path it will end up being it's own destruction within a few more generations without the help of rogue comets, brown dwarfs, hostile aliens, zombies, or rabid smurfs. With that being said, it would be in our own best interest that there is some form of higher intelligence which can either directly or indirectly nudge us in a more positive direction. Interestingly enough, every ancient civilization left records of beings which arrived from the heavens in some form or another. It could be a coincidence of fantasy or there could actually be some truth to these records. Whatever the truth may be, until there is actually definitive proof one way or another, it is wise not to discredit a concept or give it more than it's due until enough evidence is presented to be beyond reasonable doubt. And even if the concept of Indigos is a fanciful ideology, if those who claim to be Indigo focus 100% of their efforts and amazing talents into making the world a more positive place, as they are "predestined" to do, how is this a bad thing?

To BOTH sides of the argument--- WHAT IF YOU'RE WRONG???????

AlanTuring
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Aug 2011, 10:06 am

No, we are not 'indigo' or 'crystal' children - there are no such things.

Please drop this woo nonsense and focus on real things.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2011, 10:27 am

AlanTuring wrote:
No, we are not 'indigo' or 'crystal' children - there are no such things.

Please drop this woo nonsense and focus on real things.

oh, I don't know, Alan. . when we were young, they were called "Flower Children" with a whole set of other symptoms . . .

Merle

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2011, 10:52 am

I'm both

b9
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2011, 12:11 pm

i am not interested in the blue end of the spectrum.
it bores me. i am not an indigo child (does that mean "blue baby"? ).

i like browns and fawns and mustard colors.
maybe i am a terra cotta child.

i do not care less. whether i know what i am or not, it will not stop me from being who i am.

CrinklyCrustacean
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2011, 9:12 pm

I'm a diamond child: hard as they come and oh so beautiful! :P

Last edited by CrinklyCrustacean on 21 Aug 2011, 5:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

analyser23
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Aug 2011, 5:15 am

lol it is funny to see so many people on here completely rule out Indigo Children while so many others out there are still looking for proof of Asperger's ;)

As for me, I am open to believe both. Once upon a time people would have laughed at us for saying there was something different about us (i.e. asperger's). Now it is starting to become better understood and believed (still no 100% proof yet though, that I am aware of anyway).

If we want others to respect the fact we have Asperger's, then it might be nice to also keep an open mind as to what else is out there. And as to whether or not Aspies ARE Indigo children, who knows, but at least it has a nice positive spin with it, particularly the aspect of wanting to make a difference in this World.

Personally, I hope people like this DO exist. This World needs a change for the better.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2011, 5:47 am

I didn't read this whole thread, just the definition of Indigo children. I don't think that sounded like aspies at all. Since when are we particularly empathetic? :D I think aspies aren't likely to be more spiritual either.

I have pretty strong color synesthesia and I don't see how that have anything to do with aura. People actually have real colors. Only things that don't have real colors like sound, feelings, concepts count as synesthesia if you can "see" them with consistent colors.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2011, 9:07 am

All this mystical mumbo-jumbo is worse than meaningless, as it associates non-existent forces (astrology, psychic, magic, whatever) with a very real condition, thus removing incentive for treatment. People used to think that epileptics "communed with the gods" whenever they had a seizure, and often let them flail around on the floor and drown in their own vomit. It's a shame that humankind still has not progressed beyond ascribing non-existent super-natural forces to something they don't really understand.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.