Do you feel other's pain?
YES 65%  65%  [ 22 ]
NO 35%  35%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 34

dusekbr
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Mar 2009, 8:53 am

My senses are crossed between pain and kinetics.

Childhood memories that taught me this
-nails on chalk board didn't hurt my ears, but made my fingers curl
-watching my mother file her nails drove me insane as i felt pain in my fingers
-i laugh at pain (unless it is an apparent injury)

If a car engine has parts rubbing together I can visualize the parts with my mind, I will feel pain.

I also perceive taste by sight. I have a hard time eating mandarin oranges because the texture is that of a shrimp and shrimd and oranges just don't seem to fit together for me.

I perceive sound as waves. Not sure if they are colored waves yet.

melissa17b
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Mar 2009, 9:28 am

My MTS is a source of great amusement to a couple of people who have discovered it. While I don't feel slight things, I do experience most discomfort-inducing actions I watch as if they were being done to me. The person being touched, hit, skin stretched, etc. might not feel any pain, but I feel it at the same level as if the action were being done directly to me.

It requires seeing the painful activity live. Talking about it, or even watching it in a movie or on television does not trigger an MTS response.

Almandite
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Mar 2009, 11:52 am

I do!

And it always confuses me, because I thought that, since my mirror-neurons don't work typically, I should be less sensitive to that sort of thing. I'm wondering if it's a matter of less sensitivity, or different connections. My experiences implies the latter. :study:

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2009, 12:04 pm

Yeah I have it but sometimes it depends on which sensation...

wildwildwest
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Jun 2011, 8:41 pm

melissa17b wrote:
My MTS is a source of great amusement to a couple of people who have discovered it. While I don't feel slight things, I do experience most discomfort-inducing actions I watch as if they were being done to me. The person being touched, hit, skin stretched, etc. might not feel any pain, but I feel it at the same level as if the action were being done directly to me.

It requires seeing the painful activity live. Talking about it, or even watching it in a movie or on television does not trigger an MTS response.

For me, watching movies or TV shows can do it. I can't watch those shows that constantly show people involved in little accidents (like America's Funniest Home Videos) or those awful Jackass movies. And I don't necessarily feel "pain" but rather weird tingling sensations that seem to travel up the entire body; not the most unpleasant feeling in the world but it does get bothersome if it happens over and over again.