Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2005, 9:18 pm

I eat like a guy. I'm a 16 y/o girl who eats like a guy - you know, the ones with the bottomless stomachs.

I'm worried if I keep doing this I'm gonna get fat. I know it's a bit general for me to think this way, but it comes down to this simple fact.

How do i stay healthy? any ideas? food just CALLS me!

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2005, 9:20 pm

iamlucille wrote:
I eat like a guy. I'm a 16 y/o girl who eats like a guy - you know, the ones with the bottomless stomachs.

I'm worried if I keep doing this I'm gonna get fat. I know it's a bit general for me to think this way, but it comes down to this simple fact.

How do i stay healthy? any ideas? food just CALLS me!

Weight watchers. They set you up with a new lifestyle. It's behavior modification and I think it's the best diet program ever, even to maintain weight.

fahreeq
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2005, 9:31 pm

Serissa wrote:
Weight watchers. They set you up with a new lifestyle. It's behavior modification and I think it's the best diet program ever, even to maintain weight.

I agree. I did Weight Watchers a couple of years ago and have kept the weight off (for the most part) ever since. The good thing about WW is that you can have whatever you want, as long as you limit your portion sizes and write down what you eat.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2005, 9:38 pm

fahreeq wrote:
Serissa wrote:

I agree. I did Weight Watchers a couple of years ago and have kept the weight off (for the most part) ever since. The good thing about WW is that you can have whatever you want, as long as you limit your portion sizes and write down what you eat.

I can keep a mental tally, and the OCD helps me stay honest, but I started on the program like four years ago so it's kinda ingraned

alex
Developer
Developer

29 Nov 2005, 9:42 pm

I recommend the WrongPlanet.net diet. Post so much, you won't have time to eat.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2005, 10:31 pm

I agree with the Weight Watchers. It really works. :)

Lurker_Extraordinaire
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Nov 2005, 12:55 pm

alex wrote:

Yes.

While I don't post that much, I spend pretty much all my free time here since finding it.

I've lost 3 pounds in the past couple weeks.

CRACK
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 11:51 am

alex wrote:

You are my saviour!

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 10:09 pm

hahaha i'm gonna worship all of you now. this is amazing lol

IceCreamGirl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 9:55 am

Try not to go back for seconds (unless you're hungry) or pile up your plate. Don't eat more than three snacks a day.
Examples of healthy meals:
:D A Boca Chik'n Patty and an apple
:D A chicken/turkey sandwich with lettuce, tomatoes, and honey mustard (it's ok to put on cheese or mayonnaise, but not both)
:D PB&J (unless the jelly has tons of added sugar) and baked cheetos (not the original kind, which are fried)
:D 1 or 2 slices of non-greasy pizza (like California Pizza Kitchen pizza) with no red meat on top (not deep dish)
:D Cereal with less than 10 grams of sugar
Play Wii fit for at least 30 minutes 5 days a week. It'll be easier to motivate yourself if u think of it as a game, not a workout (even though it is a workout.)

IceCreamGirl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 9:58 am

alex wrote:

I post a lot, but I still eat lol.

Izaak
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 10:19 am

Depends on the motivation for the food.

If you feel hungry all the time I would suggest visiting a doctor to see if you might have a digestive or hormone problem.
If it's from a psychological reason (medicating) I would suggest talking to a psychologist or counselor about your relationship with food and what emotion or feeling you are avoiding.
If it's from a pure culinary reason, I would suggest adopting vigorous exercise regime. That way you can still enjoy all your food and remain epicurious, but learn to obey your body and research proper portion control.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2010, 2:11 am

before you do any of that, start weighing yourself on a regular basis. I've had several female friends in the past who could eat literally three times as much as me and not gain anything; you might just have a high metabolism. If you aren't gaining weight, don't worry about it.

IceCreamGirl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 8:18 pm

If u love to pig out, pig out on carrots and celery :albino: .

MrLoony
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 10:12 pm

Might as well add in my $.02:

Don't forget to balance your meals in terms of fats, carbs, and protein. People say to not snack, but the opposite is actually better. Eat small meals with snacks in between. In fact, the closer in size they are, the better. Your total caloric intake shouldn't exceed a certain amount (given weight, exercise, and metabolic rate), but more meals with smaller portions is a lot healthier than fewer meals with large portions.

One last thing: If you find yourself craving certain things a lot, it may be because of a nutrient deficiency. Follow your cravings. Seriously. Your body knows what it needs. If you find yourself craving particular foods, figure out why your body wants them.

And, again, it could be a very high metabolic rate. There are people out there that actually have trouble getting all the food they need simply because of their high metabolic rate. You say that you eat a lot and are worried about gaining weight in the future. Does that mean you're not gaining weight now? Your body doesn't just start gaining weight after X days of overeating. Weight gain is slow, but it's immediate. If you're not gaining weight now, you won't unless your metabolism slows down.

...Of course, you're 21 now. That was quite an interesting case of thread necromancy... twice. This thread is still relevant for those that think they're overeating, though.

friend4ever
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Jan 2011, 3:56 am

Eat what you like and do lots of exercise. It will be fine..