Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

super_geek
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Sep 2010, 6:48 am

Well according to my Psychiatrist I am boarderline AS as well as been diagnosed by two different psychiatrist my old 1 and my current one both diagnosed me with bipolar type 2

Bob550
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Oct 2010, 6:39 pm

I have Bipolar Disorder and have As as well.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2013, 11:03 pm

I have always had issues controlling my spending, even as a child. Mom and Dad didn't believe in psychiatrists, let alone psychologists. They were of the opinion don't ask us for money, do without, or we'll beat the living day lights out of you if we find out you borrowed money from someone. Of course, out of college, they consigned for a car loan, and I had to pay room and board in addition to insurance and the loan. I usually worked 2 to 3 jobs just to make ends meet. Being from Pennsylvania Dutch country, you couldn't reason with them most of the time. Their reasoning was, you're old enough to fend for yourself. Don't come crawling to us if you get into trouble.

Even to this day, I get the same line from my youngest brother and his wife from time to time. When I bought an iPad 2 last year with some of Mom's Inheritance money, the rest of the family flipped. My sister in law Tells me, just don't do it.

How? I asked.

Just don't do it.

The same for my employment history. They tell me to develop a thicker skin.

Again I asked, How?

Just do it.

How?

Damnit, just do it.

Can I help it that no one in my family cares that I can't cope most of the time? Why the hell do you think I've always held 2 or 3 jobs at once, and the only one I really love only pays $100.00 a month. Why do you think I'm so damn fat? Why do you think I'm in pain most of the time?The only people that really cared is my church. At least they care, since no one else in the family cares most of the time, unless they want dirty work done, like fix my computer, or teach my kid music for free. Why do you think I'm on crazy meds, when the only thing I wanted was someone to help me figure out what my problem is? No, the only thing I ever hear is take your pills, shut up and don't bother us.

kaiouti
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jan 2013, 11:33 pm

Aspergers and Schizo-affective disorder with Bipolar tendancies.