Highly accurate IQ test. Warning: results might depress you

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 1:58 am

Does that mean I'm "LFA" then?

(The only professional one I had administered came back as "high"; I can't remember what test it was, but I'm betting that it was the Raven one, considering I was so young when I took it.)

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 3:19 am

Doesn't mean a thing. This test is quite invalid. Simple prosopagnosia would take ten points off your score; not being British would take another ten points off; and on top of that the test is almost certainly not properly normed.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 3:24 am

Another flaw on the test is that it doesn't allow you to change your answer before the time limit is up. Many people almost instinctively click on a random answer without thinking.

lexis
Toucan
Toucan

29 Nov 2008, 4:18 am

I didn't even start it- I really dislike the bright flashing images. xP

Still, from what I've seen on here, it seems culturally biased and I cannot take any IQ test seriously that doesn't even attempted not to be- much less 'test the nation'. That show irritated the hell out of me... I was younger when I watched it and if I remember right I didn't do too badly but I couldn't stand them throwing the different careers and jobs against each other, total bull.

Mw99
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 7:14 am

Danielismyname wrote:

(The only professional one I had administered came back as "high"; I can't remember what test it was, but I'm betting that it was the Raven one, considering I was so young when I took it.)

Perhaps the test is inaccurate. Perhaps it means that we are not as intelligent as we thought we were. That would explain why we have so much trouble performing tasks that most normal people perform effortlessly (ie: communicating and socializing).

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 7:25 am

Mw99 wrote:
Perhaps the test is inaccurate. Perhaps it means that we are not as intelligent as we thought we were. That would explain why we have so much trouble performing tasks that most normal people perform effortlessly (ie: communicating and socializing).

For me, it wasn't the "biased" questions that I had problems with (except the passport one, but that's only one question); it was my ability to process everything, and I kept on running out of time. For example, the shapes with the numbers under them, and where you have to work out the formula; I missed every one due to running out of time. On a test that isn't timed (or perhaps a test that's timed overall rather than for each question), of course I would have got them all right.

Personally, I think it's "accurate" insofar as what it's testing, but for people who're different, it won't point out their strengths.

If I get 130 on the Raven's Matrices test, which is purely visual and timed overall, that's pointing out my strengths, whereas this test is pointing out my weaknesses. Normal people do better on these type of tests, and people with Autism do better on the Raven one.

Both are just as accurate as the other.

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 12:54 pm

I scored average on this test. According to this test, my IQ is 101.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 1:03 pm

Mw99 wrote:
Danielismyname wrote:

People who've been officially tested got scores fifty points below their official IQs... I think that means this test is bogus. Insofar as any IQ test measures IQ properly, the ones that have actually been properly normed should have a bit of an edge.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 1:21 pm

When I took the test, it skipped over the last portion (more analogies).

Puppet
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Nov 2008, 2:23 pm

I scored a 70. Hey, it's an IQ test so it *must* be accurate, right? :D

Dokken
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 2:36 pm

how can this IQ test be highly accurate since it on a british webpage? this "highly accurate" IQ test clearly has cultural bias. so i just curious how it can possibly be even close to "highly accurate?"

Mysty
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 3:22 pm

I wonder why this thread doesn't just die down now that everything there is to say has been said.

Sling
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Nov 2008, 4:09 pm

Your intelligence is your ability/capacity to acquire knowledge, apply knowledge and engage in abstract reasoning. This test only really tests the second one, and badly too. Fail.

SuperSteve
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Nov 2008, 7:16 pm

While I made my evaluation to get my Aspergers-diagnosis, my psychologist noted that my intelligence was "a good bit above average" (based on about 6 hours of varied testing).

This test gave me 70. it also randomly skipped instructions.And occasionally give me exactly 5 seconds to think. it also asked me to recognize "celebrities", most of which I had never seen before in my life. It also asked me to manage to distinguish two different faces from one morphed one, and recognize two faces I've never seen before.

I call epic BS on this test.

editthis
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Nov 2008, 9:43 pm

Yeah... I'm not so good at the analogies part. I suggest reading Issac Asimov's essay "What is Intelligence Anyway?"

SeizeTheDay
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 11:23 pm

That was a good waste. But I spent an hour doing it anyway. 8O

"The person who knows everything has a lot to learn."

"Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum" (I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am) René Descartes