A war between HFA, narcissist and sociopath

Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

lexis
Toucan
Toucan

25 Nov 2008, 4:45 am

Seriously (ha), I'm really not sure. It would be easy for the narcissist to believe a sociopath's charms, but I suppose that neither would be able to manipulate a HFA well (I've known a sociopath- she hated me because I saw right though her). I suppose it would be to do with if the former two had outside help or not, because an autistic person ain't gonna find it easy to manipulate the former two either. I know in my case verses the sociopath I 'won' as it were because my brutal honesty provoked a reaction from her- she didn't expect me to talk to her in such a way and it clearly caught her off guard and actually caused her friends to start to see her for what she really is. I don't know any narccasists, but I know someone with more traits then the average person and, goodness, she did get annoyed with me when I failed to feed her ego. She 'won' in the end though because she started to spread rumours (that she honestly believed) that I was, well, a little crazy. People seemed to go for the logic that if she truly believed in what she said, then it must be true. I suppose that was practical for them because they didn't know her well.

So, er, in conclusion, by my own experience:

Sociopath beats Narcissist beats HFA beats Sociopath etc.

Lol, it's like an elemental circle. I'm no expert though, it would be interesting to hear what a professional had to say.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 11:48 am

lexis wrote:
Seriously (ha), I'm really not sure. It would be easy for the narcissist to believe a sociopath's charms, but I suppose that neither would be able to manipulate a HFA well

I dunno about that. Someone I knew in college was a sociopath, and he had no difficulty manipulating me or my friends (among us: some NTs, 2 dx'ed Aspie, me dx'ed NLD, 1 suspected Aspie). Actually, the person who saw through his manipulations the easiest was one of the NTs. The Aspie/NLD tendency to take what someone says at face value is definitely a problem when dealing with sociopaths.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 12:30 pm

A person with HFA may just mistrust everyone, as the inability to read everyone creates this.

HFA = lone hunter; will act proactively, and won't withdraw until the mission is accomplished (see: stubborn as a mule)
Sociopath = hunter of the innocent/weakest; will act proactively, but will withdraw if outmatched (self-preservation tends to run high in these people)
Narcissist = would rather care about how he or she appears to the above than partake in any type of death match

Pure death match, I'd give it to the individual with HFA due to the traits that make one a hunter of all men/animals; the sociopath is a hunter outside of this field, and isn't suited for this type of fight. The narcissist will be looking in a mirror the whole time....

lexis
Toucan
Toucan

25 Nov 2008, 12:50 pm

LostInSpace wrote:
lexis wrote:
Seriously (ha), I'm really not sure. It would be easy for the narcissist to believe a sociopath's charms, but I suppose that neither would be able to manipulate a HFA well

I dunno about that. Someone I knew in college was a sociopath, and he had no difficulty manipulating me or my friends (among us: some NTs, 2 dx'ed Aspie, me dx'ed NLD, 1 suspected Aspie). Actually, the person who saw through his manipulations the easiest was one of the NTs. The Aspie/NLD tendency to take what someone says at face value is definitely a problem when dealing with sociopaths.

That's interesting- and I agree with the 'face' value thing. I suppose maybe it might depend what techniques a sociopath might employ- and if they are compatiable with an aspergian/autistic way of thinking and perceiving. The woman in my experience was very subtle either way, so maybe that's why it didn't work for me- and that in turn wound her up, perhaps made her slip while she was trying to work around me and that's why I knew something was 'off about her.

CMaximus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Nov 2008, 1:56 pm

Socially, the sociopath probably comes out noticably on top most of the time, or at least right out of the gate, with the aspie and narcissist being about even due to their various pros/cons.

In a Battle Royale type scenario, the narcissist would almost certainly be completely screwed from the start due to his delusions of invincibility, underestimating his more desperate opponents, and the hard, unforgiving dose of reality that would follow. :lol: So, it comes down to...

The sociopath and aspie both come from very diverse groups. The sociopath could be totally Machiavellian/cowardly, and/or just completely savage/tough, and I think the odds are that's kinda bad for the aspie, depending on who they are. The aspie might have one or two situationally beneficial strengths in his favor, (i.e. sensory awareness, logical strategy, speciallized knowledge) but likely isn't any kind of allaround commando, :wink: and probably isn't going to have much luck predicting the sociopath's mind, although the reverse could be true, too. Comparitively speaking to ANYONE, sociopaths have no weaknesses in this area or most others...

Frankly, I'd say sociopath wins.

Mindtear
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 10:42 pm

I think the Aspie would forget about the social games and whip out the killer robot.

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2009, 11:56 am

LostInSpace wrote:
Actually, I bet the sociopath would convince the HFA and the narcissist to kill each other.
Most likely.

Don’t mind me. I’m just playing with the format. How do you line up columns?

Sociopath - - - - - - - - - vs. - - - - - Aspie
Predator- - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - Prey
Does understand other people - - Does not instinctively understand others
Has world-class social skills - - - - Has few social skills
Automatically lies- - - - - - - - - - - - Instinctively tells the truth
Does not care who he hurts - - - - Does care about others
Gets away with it - - - - - - - - - - - -Wouldn’t get away with it if he tried

The sociopath consciously uses social skills & other talents for selfish purposes.
The Aspie uses talents for cool stuff, rarely attempts to be manipulative.

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2009, 12:38 pm

That depends on one extremely important factor: Does the aspie know that there's a war going on??

bhetti
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2009, 12:54 pm

if it's a social skills war, naturally it would be the sociopath who wins. they don't need anything from a social exchange, unlike the narcissist. either one of them is dangerous enough and I know of people who were driven to suicide after being held in a closed system led by a narcissist.

I'll take a different kind of war, a more interesting one. I also want to know the experience and IQ of the people involved.

Demon-Chorus
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Aug 2009, 1:12 pm

It depends on the individual sociopath, narcissist and aspie, what the war is about and what the conditions are for the win.

neshamaruch wrote:
The one who can talk the longest and wear everyone down until they surrender and offer to do anything to shut the person up?

That would probably go down to both the narcissist and the sociopath, they love to talk, they can keep pulling crap from their butt even after everything is said and done, they're like energizer bunnies, except with BS, they just don't stop, they keep going and going and going.

Callista wrote:
Unless the auties didn't catch onto the charm... If you're blind enough to social nuances, you might be reliant enough on logic to trust someone initially and smell a rat the second their actions didn't match up. I did it with my sociopath stepdad; and I'm pretty darn naive.

Pretty much.

LostInSpace wrote:
Someone I knew in college was a sociopath, and he had no difficulty manipulating me or my friends (among us: some NTs, 2 dx'ed Aspie, me dx'ed NLD, 1 suspected Aspie). Actually, the person who saw through his manipulations the easiest was one of the NTs.

That's not an NT specific thing, alot of NTs are overly reliant on charm and confidence which sociopaths have in spades and never see through the crap. A NT and autie are equally capable of seeing through a BSers BS.

LostInSpace wrote:
The Aspie/NLD tendency to take what someone says at face value is definitely a problem when dealing with sociopaths.

Except when the actions don't match up, it's a NT tendancy to rely on a person's charm and confidence and that's a huge problem when dealing with sociopaths.

bhetti wrote:
they don't need anything from a social exchange, unlike the narcissist.

Actually they do, they usually want something from a person, they're hustlers at heart.

bhetti
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2009, 1:26 pm

yeah, sorry I wasn't as specific as I should have been. of course they need something from people, that's why they use them. it's more along the lines of how people are used. for a sociopath people are objects to be used and their ego is fairly immune to whatever response they get. they'll move on to greener pastures without a thought. narcissists are extremely sensitive to the response they get and they need people in a way that is different than they need objects. narcissists hold grudges pretty much forever from what I can tell.

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2009, 1:46 pm

lexis wrote:
The woman in my experience was very subtle either way, so maybe that's why it didn't work for me- and that in turn wound her up, perhaps made her slip while she was trying to work around me and that's why I knew something was 'off about her.

That goes with the old saying, "You can't cheat an honest man." Not exactly, but sorta-kinda. I'm so clueless, half the time I don't even understand what they're trying to make me believe. I have a hard time believing that evil exists, so when you invite me to join you, I don't really know what you're asking. Until you spell it out, at which point the answer is "No."
Maggiedoll wrote:
That depends on one extremely important factor: Does the aspie know that there's a war going on??
That's the whole game. Once everyone knows who the real bad guys are, it'll be over.
Callista wrote:
Unless the auties didn't catch onto the charm... If you're blind enough to social nuances, you might be reliant enough on logic to trust someone initially and smell a rat the second their actions didn't match up. I did it with my sociopath stepdad; and I'm pretty darn naive. (Of course, my Aspie mom believed him for years.)
I'm terribly naive and trusting, too. But once I wake up, I can't go back to sleep. I've had various snapping points in my life -- the first was probably around the age of nine.
At first it's an illusion -- I'm sure you've seen the classics:
If you don't know that it's a trick question, you'll probably see either the vase or the faces, assume you know what's going on, and move on with your life. But once you look again and see the other story, you can never again fail see it. At least, with that particular person or that kind of trick.

Callista wrote:
Anyway, you don't really need to "win"--you just need to hang in there until the sociopaths and narcissists destroy themselves.
If only. No, they will just take you down with them. Sensible people have been trying to organize something better for thousands of years. So far, every attempt has been hijacked. Revolution, religion, philosophy, no matter what you do, ambitious people see a way to use it to take over. It's happening again, right now, in front of our eyes. The whole global system has collapsed. It's just that it's so big, it's going to take a while to hit the ground. I can imagine it happening as early as October first. Maybe later. The kind people who could help are not going to wake up until then. Maybe they'll be able to pick up the pieces, maybe not. I don't really expect to be alive this time next year.

Most likely, the only survivers will be the roaches and the lawyers.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2009, 2:03 pm

The sociopaths will win because they're the most ruthlesss. :( They also likely to turn everyones against the aspies. A scapegoat is always a good way to make peoples what you want them to do. :(

Tahitiii wrote:
Sensible people have been trying to organize something better for thousands of years. So far, every attempt has been hijacked. Revolution, religion, philosophy, no matter what you do, ambitious people see a way to use it to take over. It's happening again, right now, in front of our eyes. The whole global system has collapsed. It's just that it's so big, it's going to take a while to hit the ground. I can imagine it happening as early as October first. Maybe later. The kind people who could help are not going to wake up until then. Maybe they'll be able to pick up the pieces, maybe not. I don't really expect to be alive this time next year.

Most likely, the only survivers will be the roaches and the lawyers.

That's pessimist... :pale:

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2009, 5:14 pm

I'll be on the HFA's side! *wields a machine gun; hands the HFA some ear plugs first in case he has hyperacusis*

:D:D

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2009, 6:08 pm

To be honest I think the sociopath would win, they would manipulate the others.

SplinterStar
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Aug 2009, 9:33 pm

To be honest, the sociopath would win if weapons was involved.

However... the HFAs would win if war stragedies were their obsession of choice.

The Narcissists would think they had already won by simply looking so fantastic. So they already lost in a way.

... A funnier war would be "OCD cleaners VS. bi-polar slobs over at christmas"