analogies popping in my head all the time

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

noahveil23
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Nov 2008, 2:31 am

PRSobsessed wrote:
I think it has to do with pattern recognition. I can put patterns together faster than I can express the thought. The "lightbulb going off" analogy is a perfect description of how I think. Patterns come together and the 'ightbulb goes off. Usually I have no direct realization of where the understanding came from. I just all of a sudden know. But when I can feel it happen it's from similarities in patterns, as if I think in analogies.

I'll see the whole thing at once and then have to struggle to get it all down. What makes it even more difficult is to me start anywhere and working my way around the pattern works just fine, or hopscotching around, but english syntax is a little more rigorous. When I write freehand i may write a word starting with any of the letters in the word and the filling in the rest, backwards and forewords. If the word has an infrequently occurring (in english) I am likely to start with the particular letter first. Like if the word is "fix" I my write the unique letter "x" first and then fill in the "fi" before it. Same with unique. I might start with the "qu" then back up to the beginning and fill in the rest.

noahveil23

27 Nov 2008, 2:34 am

Totally unrelated, but I love PRS's too, specifically the SE's. I have a bunch and have been methodically swapping out the electronics on them to make all my favorite pickup combinations. 2 SE's with Lace sensors, 2 with EMG's, Three with dimarzios, and 2 more not finished yet (ran out of scratch).