Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 5:00 pm

i have a stim which include me scratching in my hair (but really scratching peace's of skin off)
i hate i have this, it can take a while and them i feel really messed up, i have this for years
it all started with gell in my hair.Because i kept scratching the gell off my hair, but ever sinds
i stoped using gell i didn't stop and continued with my skin (or whatever im scratching off)
it's really an odd stim i hope i will unlearn it once (but its been years and years now)
edit: see without even knowing it i whas doing this godforsaken stim while i whas writing this

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 5:16 pm

I'm not sure what you can do. I have a stim where I flick my tongue over a few of my teeth. If I do it a lot my teeth start hurting.

Aegis
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Nov 2008, 5:17 pm

Ouch! Have you tried cutting your nails? Maybe that would stop it from hurting you...

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 5:37 pm

if want to change it,try using something else instead of nails-such as hard but rounded rubber,like a spikey rubber dog toy,or wear a baseball cap.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Knaidle
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Nov 2008, 6:21 pm

Your post got me thinking. I do this same type of thing when I am sitting and reading except I don't actually scratch anything off. I just rub my fingers over little pieces of skin on my scalp over and over and over... I've been doing that for years.

Hmmm, so maybe I do 'stim'.

ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 6:36 pm

UndercoverAlien wrote:
i have a stim which include me scratching in my hair (but really scratching peace's of skin off)

My mother used to pick at her scalp. It was odd because I never saw anyone else ever do that. Sometimes, I saw her put rubbing alcohol on a Q-Tip and put in where she was picking. I think that maybe the rubbing alcohol hurt and she was trying to stop. As far as I know she was not AS.

I chew the inside of my lips and cheeks. I also literally chew my knuckles, which makes bizarre scars and rips. I see people often stare in polite fascination at my hands, wondering what happened to them. I'm not doing it so badly lately, tho. The chewing inside of your lips and cheeks is kind of weird tho because it makes your face look really strange while you are doing it. I heard one comedian describe the habit as "eating your face".

eman_ekaf
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Nov 2008, 7:16 pm

I scratch my skin with my fingernails and my toenails. To help with this I cut my nails very short (basically down to the skin) and I sile the remaining nail smooth and flat. Then I can still scratch my skin but it's more like rubbing.

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 8:19 pm

UndercoverAlien wrote:
i hate i have this, it can take a while and them i feel really messed up, i have this for years
it all started with gell in my hair.Because i kept scratching the gell off my hair, but ever sinds
i stoped using gell i didn't stop and continued with my skin (or whatever im scratching off)
it's really an odd stim i hope i will unlearn it once (but its been years and years now)
edit: see without even knowing it i whas doing this godforsaken stim while i whas writing this

Try wearing gloves, or as KingdomOfRats suggested, a hat.

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 8:52 pm

ive picked at my dandruff so badly i make my scalp bleed, not a good thing, i have noticed when i do that i love to see what happens when i pick and see the blood pour out lol, luckily thats not done very often, i think last time i did this was years ago. Your def not alone though hehe

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 10:06 pm

I used to do that, now I pick at my hands.. and that is why I have had eczema for over 18 months! If I didn't pick at it all the time, it would have healed a long time ago.

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 10:11 pm

I have dandruff, so I scratch a lot... even when it doesn't itch. Then I get scabs, which I also pick at and scratch off... and then I eat them.... heh. :?

I dunno if a hat would help, though. I wear a hat quite a bit... and I end up lifting it up and scratching anyhow.

Flavors of: Nobody. Slytherin. Autistic.

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 11:23 pm

Are you sure it's not something that could be considered like Trichotillomania, where someone pulls their hair out as a stim?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_pulling

AnnePande
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 8:44 am

pensieve wrote:
I'm not sure what you can do. I have a stim where I flick my tongue over a few of my teeth. If I do it a lot my teeth start hurting.

I've done something similar. But it was my tongue that started hurting, and got a wound.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 11:47 am

I do scratch my head but mine isn't a stim. My stims are rather different. Although I have bled a little from scratching my head.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 4:54 pm

violet_yoshi wrote:
Are you sure it's not something that could be considered like Trichotillomania, where someone pulls their hair out as a stim?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_pulling

no, its not pulling out hair or selfinjuring its a stim and it doesn't seem to go away, i do it quite often tbh

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 6:27 pm

I do this too! It started when i was about 9 (when most of my stims started) i found that i had bad bad dandruff, that would flake up in hard crusty bits. I'd spend hours sitting and scratching it off until my scalp would bleed. I still do this even though i don't really have dandruff anymore. :?