Are most people with AS passive or aggressive?

Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 7:58 pm

Are there any tendencies in their natural dispositions?

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 8:08 pm

passive, until I'm pushed in a corner...then back off...;)

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 8:09 pm

Hmmm, good one. Is there a quiz or something anybody can find to make this easier?

Personally, I was pretty aggressive when I was a kid, but learned it was pointless.

nothingunusual
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 8:10 pm

Classic passive-aggressive over here.

Katatonic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 8:13 pm

My friend once described me as an Ent from the Lord of The Rings trilogy. He said that I'm always so calm and mellow but when someone really pushes my buttons and are PERSISTANT then I go into Berzerker mode. I can honestly say that I have never lost a fight :)

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 9:16 pm

agression would be my first reaction to trouble of any kind... unfortunately...

Sling
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Nov 2008, 9:27 pm

I only retialiate if people attack me physically, otherwise I don't really give a s**t.

CTBill
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 9:43 pm

Passive here.

Unless pushed to the edge, then aggressive (violently, if necessary for self-preservation).

I don't understand "passive-aggressive" behavior--this must be completely in the NT realm. I moved 600 miles away from my family because they seem to thrive on it. My mom was quite fond of the "silent treatment" when she couldn't get her way, and it was horrible.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 9:46 pm

CTBill wrote:

I don't understand "passive-aggressive" behavior--this must be completely in the NT realm. I moved 600 miles away from my family because they seem to thrive on it. My mom was quite fond of the "silent treatment" when she couldn't get her way, and it was horrible.

at least you know what it means.

I still wonder :roll:

Barce
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Nov 2008, 9:55 pm

Too passive and then randomly aggressive sometimes. Especially in a working environment. I can't handle being told what to do. No matter which way i'm meant to do something, i will always do it my way. At my old job i was an absaloute c**t to my managers and some of the staff i worked with, but they deserved it since they weren't very nice to me, thinking i was naturally anti-social.

Death_of_Pathos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Nov 2008, 10:07 pm

I am passive by nature and by choice.

But, like most everyone, I can be pushed into a corner and forced to react. When this happens I tend to become A) regretful and take the teeth out of my retaliation or B) fatalistically determined and unable to contain my desire to harm.

When B happens I have blacked out and harmed people in such a way so that if no one was around to stop me I may have killed them.

Hence why I am passive by choice.

Alerion42
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Nov 2008, 10:23 pm

CTBill wrote:
I don't understand "passive-aggressive" behavior--this must be completely in the NT realm.

I can't say that I agree with that. I'd say that I'm passive-aggressive. For me being passive-aggressive is my only relese for anger and frustration since I don't really have the social skills to be confrontational and I hate feeling like I have no control over a situation. Although, when cornered, like everyone else seems to be saying, I will defend myself, which often startles people. I chewed out a co-worker once who was always a jerk to not only me but the other co-workers, one day he just pushed me over the edge, and I went off on him despite him being about twice my size.

nettiespaghetti
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Nov 2008, 10:29 pm

I'm passive-aggressive. Really dislike confrontation, really want to get along with everyone, but when I finally get really pissed it's not pretty... :evil:

CTBill
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 11:05 pm

nettiespaghetti wrote:
I'm passive-aggressive. Really dislike confrontation, really want to get along with everyone, but when I finally get really pissed it's not pretty... :evil:

That's not what passive-aggressive means. Please see link for more info. I can almost guarantee you'll know someone who fits the mold... :D

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 11:06 pm

nettiespaghetti wrote:

Ohhh same with me, I appear very passive but I can be nasty. I could give an example but, I would rather leave the bones in the grave.... and for those who bring it up today, I call them ghouls.

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 11:10 pm

Deleted

Last edited by timeisdead on 28 Nov 2008, 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.