Are most people with AS passive or aggressive?

Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 11:10 pm

Deleted

Last edited by timeisdead on 28 Nov 2008, 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CTBill
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 11:12 pm

Alerion42 wrote:
CTBill wrote:
I don't understand "passive-aggressive" behavior--this must be completely in the NT realm.

I can't say that I agree with that. I'd say that I'm passive-aggressive. For me being passive-aggressive is my only relese for anger and frustration since I don't really have the social skills to be confrontational and I hate feeling like I have no control over a situation.

Hmmm, I might have to reevalutate. I don't think I have this behavior, but maybe I learned to do it and do so unknowingly. This could be quite useful if I could master it... :chin:

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 11:38 pm

CTBill wrote:
Passive here.

Unless pushed to the edge, then aggressive (violently, if necessary for self-preservation).

I don't understand "passive-aggressive" behavior--this must be completely in the NT realm. I moved 600 miles away from my family because they seem to thrive on it. My mom was quite fond of the "silent treatment" when she couldn't get her way, and it was horrible.

Why do you say this (bold part)? I was described as "passive aggresivve" in a behavioral report in high school.

Wikipedia wrote:
Passive aggressive disorder is said to stem from a specific childhood stimulus (e.g., alcohol/drug addicted parents).

Wow. Both on the nose. I don't think my problem was my parents addictions, it was the fact that I was way down on the list of things to care about, especially on my mother's side.

I'm very passive. I've never hit a person in anger, and when I was backed into a corner (through humiliation), I still refused violence. I've put up with a lot of s**t from a lot of people, there are some who wonder why I never retaliate. I don't think I can. Pushed to the edge from my mother, or father, I've hurt myself...

Death_of_Pathos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Nov 2008, 11:41 pm

You wouldn't happen to be the same -JR as Ive seen on a specific MMO's unofficial forums, are you?

(If so, I am glad I have changed my moniker! I've not always taken my responsibility to be polite seriously.)

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 11:44 pm

You should never respect anyone who doesn't deserve your respect. That's submitting to their will. If I hate someone, I could give two f***s if my response is socially appropriate. Submission is not a virtue.

Last edited by timeisdead on 28 Nov 2008, 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 11:44 pm

Not quite sure what an MMO is, so probably not!

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 12:25 am

pakled wrote:
passive, until I'm pushed in a corner...then back off...;)

SAME HERE

DWill
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Nov 2008, 1:00 am

Katatonic wrote:
My friend once described me as an Ent from the Lord of The Rings trilogy. He said that I'm always so calm and mellow but when someone really pushes my buttons and are PERSISTANT then I go into Berzerker mode. I can honestly say that I have never lost a fight :)

Me to a T.

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 1:23 am

There is going to be both and some in the middle. Aggreesiveness is not one of the unique things about ASDs.

ReGiFroFoLa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Nov 2008, 1:54 am

Depends on the cirumstances... It is all ascociated with my swinging moods :twisted: Most of the times I am passive and withdrawn and indifferent. But there are the times when I am hustle to myself; and I sometimes really have the thoughts of extermination - and I would love to hurt someone really badly... And that is why I don't drive [because I would get killed immediately, or I would kill someone else (deliberately)]

DarthMaxeuis
Toucan
Toucan

29 Nov 2008, 2:06 am

Until someone really pisses me off, (which happens very often) I'm not aggressive.
Going to the doctor...

ReGiFroFoLa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Nov 2008, 2:29 am

DarthMaxeuis wrote:
Until someone really pisses me off, (which happens very often) I'm not aggressive.
Going to the doctor...

It's out of the subject , but what is all about this flag of france? Are You french?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 2:37 am

I am passive-aggressive. Strongly so. No one attacks me these days so I have no idea how I would react.

prillix
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Nov 2008, 3:42 am

Alerion42 wrote:
CTBill wrote:
I don't understand "passive-aggressive" behavior--this must be completely in the NT realm.

I can't say that I agree with that. I'd say that I'm passive-aggressive. For me being passive-aggressive is my only relese for anger and frustration since I don't really have the social skills to be confrontational and I hate feeling like I have no control over a situation. Although, when cornered, like everyone else seems to be saying, I will defend myself, which often startles people. I chewed out a co-worker once who was always a jerk to not only me but the other co-workers, one day he just pushed me over the edge, and I went off on him despite him being about twice my size.

Ha, i know all about this. Ive had situations like this at many different jobs. At work, the only people i usually have problem with are the lazy jerkoffs and the bullies. I have at least 4 "big" moments where i couldn't take anymore and i let them know what i think. Some in form of words, others face to face. Last time i did it the guy grabbed me by the shirt and threatened to kick my ass. He got sent home cause of that. I got asked if i want him to be fired, i said no, as long as he stays out of my way (he can keep f*****g with everyone else, who cares, im not the leader of a revolution). The next week he got fired anyways :P

prillix
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Nov 2008, 3:44 am

CTBill wrote:

I don't understand "passive-aggressive" behavior--this must be completely in the NT realm. I moved 600 miles away from my family because they seem to thrive on it. My mom was quite fond of the "silent treatment" when she couldn't get her way, and it was horrible.

Yeah i still remember very clearly those times. The last time it happened i did it on her as well. After 2 weeks of me ignoring her she started "inventing" arguments just to get to me. Oh how i fought long and hard that time and after 23 years, i had finally beaten the silent treatment. One of the greatest moments of my life :)

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 9:06 am

timeisdead wrote:
You should never respect anyone who doesn't deserve your respect. That's submitting to their will. If I hate someone, I could give two f**** if my response is socially appropriate. Submission is not a virtue.

When I was school age, I just couldn't react... in previous years I was bullied for being physically weak, whereas I don't think I was - I think I just didn't have the motor skills to be able to punch someone correctly.

So I always had this mental block. Thankfully those days are over.
I kinda regret not sticking up for myself in such times even in College. :?

Who cares? I'm well on my way now to becoming a successful musician (I hope) and those who bullied me are either rotting away or doing something less gratifying. So I feel I did claim my vengeance, in one way or another...