Are most people with AS passive or aggressive?

Page 2 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 9:06 am

timeisdead wrote:
You should never respect anyone who doesn't deserve your respect. That's submitting to their will. If I hate someone, I could give two f**** if my response is socially appropriate. Submission is not a virtue.

When I was school age, I just couldn't react... in previous years I was bullied for being physically weak, whereas I don't think I was - I think I just didn't have the motor skills to be able to punch someone correctly.

So I always had this mental block. Thankfully those days are over.
I kinda regret not sticking up for myself in such times even in College. :?

Who cares? I'm well on my way now to becoming a successful musician (I hope) and those who bullied me are either rotting away or doing something less gratifying. So I feel I did claim my vengeance, in one way or another...

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 12:18 pm

samtoo wrote:
timeisdead wrote:
You should never respect anyone who doesn't deserve your respect. That's submitting to their will. If I hate someone, I could give two f**** if my response is socially appropriate. Submission is not a virtue.

When I was school age, I just couldn't react... in previous years I was bullied for being physically weak, whereas I don't think I was - I think I just didn't have the motor skills to be able to punch someone correctly.

So I always had this mental block. Thankfully those days are over.
I kinda regret not sticking up for myself in such times even in College. :?

Who cares? I'm well on my way now to becoming a successful musician (I hope) and those who bullied me are either rotting away or doing something less gratifying. So I feel I did claim my vengeance, in one way or another...

The best vengence is success and inner peace, but there are times (like you have previously stated) for self-defense. If you have bad motor skills and are in a fight, try to aim away from where you would instinctively punch. For example, if you always find yourself hitting slightly off to the left, adjust your aim slightly off to the right. You must also learn how to take a blow (there are several methods, but for the sake of time, I won't elaborate). If you want to become a better fighter, I suggest buying a boxing dummy and placing small targets in the crucial zones you want to hit. Try to strike from different ends. Keep practicing until it becomes second nature.

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 12:34 pm

I suppose this depends on the individual person and possible circumstances in general.I,myself tend to be fairly passive by most respects yet, there has been times where I've become a tadbit agressive mostly over what I felt was an injustice being carried out against me or those around myself if this makes any sense whatsoever?
These days, I'm mostly quiet & peaceful for, rarely does anything bother me nowadays but, it must be stated in ancient times I never took to being mocked or tormented.

CTBill
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 2:49 pm

-JR wrote:
CTBill wrote:
I don't understand "passive-aggressive" behavior--this must be completely in the NT realm.

Why do you say this (bold part)? I was described as "passive aggresivve" in a behavioral report in high school.

It just doesn't seem a priori like it would be an Aspie-like behavior--expressing aggression in such a roundabout manner via passivity. But I'm apparently wrong.

Okay, I'll throw out another wild hypothesis: It isn't innate Aspie behavior; rather we learned to do it by observing NTs. They invented it, but we perfected it. :D

I must perform some experiments to study all aspects of this passive-aggressive behavior. These should not require more than a third of your planet's people... :alien:

EDIT: Replaced typical by innate.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

29 Nov 2008, 3:03 pm

online agressive, in real life passive. :lol:

sheppeyescapee
Raven
Raven

23 Aug 2009, 1:51 pm

Passive, I tend to avoid conflict at all costs :roll: Very rarely aggressive if pushed but it normally takes a lot to get me that far.

sbwilson
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Aug 2009, 1:58 pm

I consider myself both passive and aggressive.

darby54
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Aug 2009, 2:31 pm

sheppeyescapee wrote:
Passive, I tend to avoid conflict at all costs :roll: Very rarely aggressive if pushed but it normally takes a lot to get me that far.

Passive and very conflict-avoidant here, too. However, I will stand up for myself and for what is right and can get angry when pushed, but even then, I see that as defensive, not aggressive.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2009, 2:46 pm

Passive/aggressive doesn't mean passive then aggressive when provoked. It is a passive way of expressing aggression like the silent treatment mentioned before. I have a hard time imaging most people with ASD as being passive/aggressive (too direct). As for myself Long Fuse/Big Boom. I know you're supposed to let people know they need to back off but more often than not that is ignored and everyone acts surprised if I lose my temper.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2009, 3:39 pm

I have always been the passive type, I'm very quiet and rarely get upset about anything.

sbwilson
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Aug 2009, 4:15 pm

darby54 wrote:
sheppeyescapee wrote:

Passive and very conflict-avoidant here, too. However, I will stand up for myself and for what is right and can get angry when pushed, but even then, I see that as defensive, not aggressive.

I agree ...I change my answer to passive-defensive!

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2009, 4:53 pm

Passive, sometimes agressive, sometimes passive-agressive.
Oh what the hell, I'm all 3

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2009, 4:59 pm

nothingunusual wrote:
Classic passive-aggressive over here.
LOL.. me too when I was a kid, but I didn't like it so I squashed the aggressive part and now I'm just passive. Or I try to be. >_<;;;
I am not outright aggressive ever, I don't think.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2009, 6:08 pm

Aggressive.

Short fuse, 100,000,000 tons of gelignite.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

23 Aug 2009, 9:59 pm

It depends on the situation. There are situations where I was too passive but plenty of others where I lose control.

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2009, 10:06 pm

When I'm in public/around strangers: Passive
When I'm around family/people I know: Aggressive.