Are most people with AS passive or aggressive?

Page 3 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2009, 10:06 pm

When I'm in public/around strangers: Passive
When I'm around family/people I know: Aggressive.

dadsgotas
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Aug 2009, 5:28 pm

Unnaturally calm, but stubborn beyond coercion.

missboots
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Aug 2009, 7:37 pm

My first instinct is to be passive-aggressive. Always. But I make an effort to not be passive-aggressive and deal with my problems rationally. As rationally as possible.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2009, 9:15 pm

timeisdead wrote:
Are there any tendencies in their natural dispositions?

A rule based approach has a superficial resemblance to being passive aggressive.

ruveyn

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2009, 10:14 pm

pakled wrote:
passive, until I'm pushed in a corner...then back off...;)

Same here

CerebralDreamer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2009, 6:24 pm

I'm extremely passive for long periods of time. When that changes is usually because of a long string of events that finally hit my breaking point. You could say I just have a really long fuse tied to a really big bomb. Don't take any guesses on where that fuse ends unless you're willing to see something akin to Jesus slapping the hell out of someone while cussing them out and calling them an ape.

Trinny
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Sep 2009, 6:38 pm

I have read from somewhere that when Asperger’s boys are aggressive then Asperger’s girls are passive-aggressive.
I remember when I was a teenager I knew exactly what passive-aggressive means, because I was it all the time. I wasn’t aggressive. But I could hate so strong and not to do anything about it. Same with love.
For me being passive-aggressive meant then - if I didn‘t like someone or something I wasn’t able to do anything, I made funny mistakes. If someone gave me a task, while there was something negative about it, I wasn’t able to do it. I was disabled - suddenly.
As an adult I can be very aggressive and I can be passive-aggressive. But usually I’m peaceful. I do use silent treatment every day. I make faces.
One of my principles is - "don’t fight with idiots, leave".
I’m very active, so I have many negative and positive experiences.

AnnaLemma
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Sep 2009, 7:21 pm

missboots wrote:
My first instinct is to be passive-aggressive. Always. But I make an effort to not be passive-aggressive and deal with my problems rationally. As rationally as possible.

This describes me. It is my first instinct, but, since I have worked with a fair number of passive-aggressives in the past and see how destructive the behavior can be, I really try to solve issues more directly. I often have found myself becoming the public conscience, especially as I get older and less concerned with my image. For such a shy person, I sure found myself standing up in a lot of meetings saying "Now wait a minute..." then addressing the thing no one wanted to bring up. But, p-a is tempting behavior if you have the patience to see it through. It can have quite an effect.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2009, 9:03 pm

Passive most of the time. Around other people extremely.

Around my family, I take it all out on them and can be aggressive. :(