Do you Have Dreams? and Do you remember dreams?

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Do You Remember Your Dreams?
1. I Don't think that I Dream 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
2. I Usually Remember my Dreams 45%  45%  [ 31 ]
3. I know I've had a Dream but lose the details when I wake up 25%  25%  [ 17 ]
4. I Can Remember my Dream for about 2 hours after Waking - then it disappears 26%  26%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 69

Kirska
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2008, 3:23 pm

I have remembered my dreams almost every night for my entire life. In fact one of my earliest memories was a dream that I had when I was 3 or 4 where my siblings died (my mom killed them in the dream... very odd for a 3 year old I know) and came back as living skeletons that wanted to play hide and seek with me.

I also remember a dream when I was about 6 or 7 where I opened my bedroom door and my hallway had become a giant fiery pit. I remember them both vividly because they scared the crap out of me, though not literally :lol:

For a while I had a hard time deciphering the difference between real memories and past dreams. I thought for the longest time that a monster growling at me in the swimming pool was a dream until my mom told the story of me hearing the drain, thinking it was a monster, and coming crying to her. Likewise I thought the dream I had about flying in an airplane with my family that had a couch in it was real until I talked about it one time and found out that I had never flied in such an airplane.

I can't recall this minute what I dreamt about last night (probably could if asked earlier in the day). Night before that though I had a dream that a friend of mine decided to break into someone else's house and I had to help the owner fix their windows afterwards.

Last edited by Kirska on 02 Dec 2008, 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2008, 3:24 pm

Oh yeah, and everyone has dreams every night. Its just a case of if you remember them or not.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2008, 3:49 pm

I can remember dreams I've had even years after I've had them. I used to have the same dream everynight too.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2008, 4:06 pm

Thus far, looking at the results, it looks to me like....

1. Aspies DO dream.

2. Most of the time, Aspies remember their dreams - even if only for a short while.

I had expected that aspie short-term memory issues could interfere with your ability to remember dreams past the waking state but I figure that if you're keeping a dream diary, it's being converted to long term.

It doesn't look any different from an NT picture.

Thanks everyone for you input.

Doro
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2008, 4:17 pm

I have dreams most nights.

Most time I remember dreams, unless someone asks me... Then dreams slip away often.

I had nightmares as a kid, but not now anymore.

I remember some dreams I had some 40 years before...

I love to dream!

I love to daydream, do it alot. Most times on the bus...

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2008, 4:23 pm

I know I had dreams but I usually can't remember what happened in them.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

Kirska
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2008, 5:20 pm

Something else about dreams... does anyone else experience this?

My dreams involve a lot more than sight, even after I wake up. My dreams involve smell, taste, feeling, hearing... after a breakup in high school I often had dreams about the guy and would wake up smelling and tasting him. It was torture. Perhaps the most extreme example of this is one dream I had where I was shot with a taser gun and when I woke up my back continued to spaz out.

DJRnold
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Dec 2008, 5:59 pm

Most of the time it's option 3 ("I know I've had a Dream but lose the details when I wake up") but every now and then I have a dream that I remember parts of for weeks, months, or years afterwards.

Oh, and has anyone else here had a dream that was a continuation of a previous dream?

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2008, 6:09 pm

gbollard wrote:
Thus far, looking at the results, it looks to me like....

1. Aspies DO dream.

2. Most of the time, Aspies remember their dreams - even if only for a short while.

I had expected that aspie short-term memory issues could interfere with your ability to remember dreams past the waking state but I figure that if you're keeping a dream diary, it's being converted to long term.

It doesn't look any different from an NT picture.

Thanks everyone for you input.

Everyone dreams and they do it every night.

The only possible difference could be if Aspies remember dreams, and like you said there is no difference with that eather.

Katatonic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2008, 6:24 pm

I remember my dreams quite often. I also have frequent "prophetic" dreams, or whatever you want to call them. The kind to where it eventually happens a week or a month from the time you had the dream? Like...hmm.....ok, say I have a dream where I'm upset because a family member died, then a week later in real life one of my family member dies. I have dreams like that a lot. I also get way too many deja vu moments...atleast between 3-5 a day.

Anemone
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 12:46 pm

I lucid dream fairly frequently.

I sometimes have dreams that continue in an earlier dream world and seem like the real world. (Sequels.)

I almost always have some popular song going in the background of my dream (a soundtrack!). The tune often continues going through my head when I wake up until I'm distracted by something in my day life.

Gentle colour, rather than black and white or vivid colour.

It's like going to the movies, but cheaper.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 3:15 pm

I dream in color, and certain colors will really seem to stand out signifigantly...like the time I dreamed I helped a woman give birth on her couch, and she (a white woman) delivered a fully developed little black girl in a vivid purple dress..

Um..there are only a couple of dreams i remember from my childhood. One was of dinosaurs coming up out of the manholes in the street.

One was of a giant lizard in the tree in our back yard, one was of a giant white owl with huge red eyes like stoplights.

After my cat was run over, i would repeatedly have dreams of him visiting me in my room. He would show up across the room and the whole dream would be of him coming up to see me and it took a long time, and just when he was about to reach me, I would realise it would a dream, and the moment I would pet him the dream would end and i would wake up.

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 3:27 pm

I have dreams all the time. Sometimes because of a film I've watched or it's just something random. I sometimes have more than one dream a night and it's annoying because I remember them. Even when I don't want to. :lol:

kiwi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Dec 2008, 9:58 pm

Mikhaillost wrote:
I dream long, elaborate dreams- in color. They are very detailed and I remember every detail of them. Some of them span years- it amazes me. I confuse them with real life sometimes

wow any good movies in there?

big hit cinema ... :P

hmm.. dorlean.. you do journals.. anyone else do that?

Why do you do it? /what are benefits..

many dreams come true :D

(me I remember some dreams.. but usually forget early on in day/when get up )

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2008, 2:20 am

yes. yes.

ReGiFroFoLa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Dec 2008, 2:59 am

I have terrible problems with sleep - I can't fall asleep or I wake up in the middle of the night (most commonly it's 1:30AM) and can't sleep anymore... And I don't think I dream... Or maybe I just can't remember?
*I think I'm too empty*