Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Legato
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2008, 1:41 am

I'm sorry but I don't feel like reading through all the posts, so I'll post my insight on the "Falling out of love" subject.

Falling in love can sometimes feel like suddenly finding yourself in quicksand. You can fall in, but you sure as hell can't "fall out" as quickly.

Another analogy would be like, you have been in love for a while - it's like being in the middle of a murky swamp. When you decide to leave the swamp, it's hell, and slow-going (and you might fall into some nasty, muddy water a few times too). The key is to keep going in the same direction, and find distractions (oh look at those birds!) along the way to make the journey less difficult.

But what do I know :P

Delta56
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Dec 2008, 9:22 pm

Well, okay, Legato.

But what does it mean to unintentionally Fall out of love. I love my g/f, I really do wish the best for her, but I.. I dunno. Some days I can barley stand being in the same room as her, and other times I take steps to avoid contact. Been with her for two years this week and half the time I feel like I shouldn't be here.

And there isn't another apple to my eye, like Mithara's bliss, just an urge to not be in the quicksand anymore.

I'm guessing this isn't normal, is it?

ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 9:58 pm

You should make some special meal (cook some stew with wine in it or something) knock on her door and tell her the recipe turned out to make more than you thought and ask her if she wants to have dinner with you (do this only if you can tell little lies well). Talk her up, see if you have anything interesting to say to each other.

Because of the sexual tension, it is better to make a foray into a gesture of bonding as roommates and/or getting to know her better, than it is to let the problem "stew" so to speak. Either you will bond and become comfortable together (being less tense and more room-matey) or you might even explicitly clear up any attraction questions. (She might be uncomfortable, not fascinated, and she might be uncomfortable with what she thinks is your fascination with her!)

Clarity will not be served by letting what sounds like a kind of spastic situation continue. Better to spend a little time bonding one on one than let something sputter on uncomfortably.