Rodent, Or Rodent Like Animal 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Reptile 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Reptile 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 40

D-R-J
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Dec 2005, 5:24 am

Anyways So I've Had this Question stuck in my head for a while, and so I've been wondering what kind of Pets Aspies Usually Prefer?

Douglas Adams

ajs_line_of_silver
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Dec 2005, 5:44 am

I am petless at the moment (fish don’t count) but I ticked cat cos I love them and the only reason that I don’t currently have one is that in my situation it would be very irresponsible

joku_muko
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2005, 5:53 am

Dont have one.

momofanspie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Dec 2005, 8:25 am

a dog (maltese) love him to bits and always seems to know when my son needs him. Helps him to know that the dog loves him when he is down and out.

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2005, 8:39 am

Errr... I have 2 dogs and a cat. Where do I vote? I'll vote for a cat because when I move out I'd rather a cat then a dog...

D-R-J
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Dec 2005, 9:42 am

I've got 3 Dogs, :) Used to have 5, but 2 Died, And I Swear One Of My Dogs has Aspergers, So many traits :).

Douglas Adams

Ladysmokeater
Veteran
Veteran

Location: North of Atlanta, South of Boston, East of the Mississippi, and West of the Atlantic

07 Dec 2005, 9:45 am

I wondered that too.... I prefer cats. But I have 3 dogs, two cats and some fish that wont die (Zeus fish.... lol). The ferral chickens got eaten by the neighbors dog the other day.

Past pets:
I have had a rat, (got sick a week after I got him and had to be taken back), goats (pgymy, african pgymy and just regular old goats), rabbits( mini lop, albino, and mixed), cow (beef not pets), lizards, birds (wild and exotic), horses (my sisters really), chickens (BB-bantums, black sexlink, rhode island red, polish silkies [they lay colored eggs], and others) ducks...... I think thats it...... can you tell I live in the country?

Like I said, I prefer cats....

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2005, 9:48 am

Wow, you kept goats? I'd love to have a goats and horses. Goats are awesome.

D-R-J
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Dec 2005, 9:54 am

Cows are lazy and rude, never met one, but I love them :) , Goats Sheep and Horses Too, But no room for them in L.A. .

Douglas Adams

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2005, 9:59 am

I voted cat, but I have a bird too, although the cat has seniority and wins the vote by having eaten my previous bird.

D-R-J
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Dec 2005, 10:08 am

http://www.adoptachowla.com/img/IMG_0127_edited.JPG

Odd looking isnt she, got her 3-6 months ago.

Douglas Adams

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2005, 10:12 am

I have a cute little Wheaten Poodle cross named Chico. He's the love of my life. I wouldn't trade him for anything. I prefer Dogs as pets. Theyr'e loyal and they give the Unconditional Love that nobody else can give. I also like Cats as well.

grayson
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Dec 2005, 10:32 am

Cats. They're independent and don't need you to interact with them on a regular basis. Don't have any now (kids are more than enough, shudder to imagine adding yet more living things that need care :lol: ) . But when I lived alone, I had cats, and I wouldn't mind having them again later.

Maren
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Dec 2005, 11:33 am

I have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel named Fido. I like all animals but I prefer dogs.

D-R-J
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Dec 2005, 11:35 am

Just Something Special About Them :)

Douglas Adams

chamoisee
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2005, 12:51 pm

I used to be crazy about any animal, with the exception of snakes. I went through an obsession with horses for a while.

Then I got into goats, and while other pet-type animals are OK, they just can't compare in my opinion. Goats have an appealing combination of friendliness, curiosity, independence, and brains. They're also utilitarian- they produce milk, cheese (and yes, meat), and not only does their poop stay outside in their pen, but it is useful for the garden instead of being an odious chore to dispose of.

Also, I can spend lots of time analyzing and categorzing the type (conformation) and production (milk and butterfat) data and do lots of research and draw up all sorts of charts, planned pedigrees, etc etc... they make a good obsession. :P