Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 9:13 pm

So I had surgery done today at the hospital to have two of my toe nails partially removed while having part of the matrices burt away so my toes nails don't grow ingrown anymore. They put me to sleep, with an IV injection and I came out of the surgery just fine although my left toe was a bit sore on the right most area where they burnt that part of the matrix off that toe away. So hopefully I will be back to my normal pain free self in a week ^_^.

Moop
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Location: Right here! Ya! Right behind the monitors glass! Get me out of here!

08 Dec 2008, 9:24 pm

Hope the pain goes away!
IV sedation is amazing stuff.

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 9:35 pm

Moop wrote:
Hope the pain goes away!
IV sedation is amazing stuff.

Pain is almost none existent but, I am getting another kind of pain its called my nurse mother...... oh well could be worse Dracula could be looking after me.

beef_bourito
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 9:54 pm

i had that done to the big toe on my right foot because i was getting ingrown toenails. i was awake for the whole thing though, they just froze up my toe and cut into it. i don't remember how long the pain lasted but i don't think it was too long or too intense. i got a cortisporin dropper (antibiotic/cortisone) to prevent infection and increase healing speed.

as far as aesthetics go, my nail doesn't look too bad. i was worried at first because it looked really thin, but they cut off more than they burned off so when it grew back it was a bit wider than when it was fresh out of surgery. it's still noticeably thinner than my other toenail but it doesn't look abnormal, and people only notice something when they're side by side.

i hope all goes well, it should be a relatively painless procedure, just make sure you keep it clean to avoid infection.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 12:00 am

Ouch! I hope you feel all better soon.

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 5:56 am

LabPet wrote:
Ouch! I hope you feel all better soon.

Oddly enough my toes are doing ok a bit of pain and a little discomfort hopefully I can take a bath today and soak them ^_^