Michael Phelps wrote a book literally

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 4:47 pm

Well he did and its titled No Limits.

I just got it yesterday and it was just release this week apparently.

It seems very interesting to me.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 9:24 pm

well, otherwise he'd have to write it figuratively...;)

but I should probably find out who this Phelps person is, first...

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 11:30 pm

pakled wrote:
well, otherwise he'd have to write it figuratively...;)

but I should probably find out who this Phelps person is, first...

Actually he wrote himself seriously!

Also he is the man and only Olympian to win 8 gold medals in a single Olympics, achieved at Beijing this year. The man he surpass was Mark Spitz, the man who won seven gold medals in a single Olympics at the 1972 Munich Olympics. Both of them were swimmers.

If anyone remember the French stating they would smash the US in 4X100 Freestyle Relay and look what happened. :wink:

Quote:
The United States trying to hang on to second; they should get the silver medal; Australia is in Bronze territory right now, but Lezak is closing a little bit on Bernard. Can the veteran chase him down and pull off a shocker here? Well, there's no doubt that he's tightening up! Bernard is losing some ground, here comes Lezak... UNBELIEVABLE AT THE END, HE'S DONE IT! THE U.S. HAS DONE IT! HE DID IT! HE DID IT! A world record! Phelps's hopes [are] alive!

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 11:38 pm

oh...that one. Thanks. Haven't had TV since sometime in 2007...

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 4:45 am

Cashing in. :x

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 7:59 am

^Not really^

Its title is No Limts The Will to Succeed

In otherwords, its a motivation book because he had ADHD and pushed himself to his very limit to do his best.

Though the chapter titles are related to his swimming events but there is a story behind in each one of the events.

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 8:46 am

JerryHatake wrote:
^Not really^

Its title is No Limts The Will to Succeed

In otherwords, its a motivation book because he had ADHD and pushed himself to his very limit to do his best.

Though the chapter titles are related to his swimming events but there is a story behind in each one of the events.

Oh, Ok.. It's just that's what most people do...

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

13 Dec 2008, 2:31 pm

great like im shure he really needs more apprechation

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 5:11 pm

richardbenson wrote:
great like im sure he really needs more appreciation

Hello people!

He has a disability as well here so he is an inspiration to me because to have a disability and to compete in the Olympics is no minor feat for anyone.

Any American remember that the autistic kid who scored six three pointers in a high school basketball team in that school's last game of the season and he was the manager. The coach let him suit up for that game. Now that is inspiration.

You have realize what inspiration is for people.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 5:16 pm

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/ ... 9324.shtml

This inspiration here people!

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

13 Dec 2008, 9:57 pm

well jerry that is great and you are right. im just a grumpy soab, i take pride in things that dont move and either have a refelction or are bitterly cold and coverd in trees

Legato
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 1:54 am

I totally thought you meant Fred Phelps. I was like, "Jerry's a maniacal fundigelical!?!?" :P

(the Phelps's, likely unrelated to the olympic swimmer, are the asshats that protest military funerals "Thank God for 9\11" etc)

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 8:05 am

^Not funny at all, Legato (mild humored though but mean overall)^

Legato
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 8:41 am

^^ Ooops. Definitely didn't mean any negativity, bro. I just read the name Michael and thought the name Fred at first.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 8:47 am

^Its alright, bro.^

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2008, 3:30 pm

I finish reading the first chapter of his book and it is very amazing to read since it shows how he stride to do his best and better than his past time.