What does that "spark"\chemistry mean?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 11:33 am

I am talking about limerence. If you care to view it though your particular prism I can't be responsible for how you wish to interpret them.

I have presumeably had AS for my lifetime. I have been the play toy of pheremones for practically as long. I have no idea if other AS do. I could be the only one.

I find it interesting. One persons truth is another persons politics. I couldn't care less.

Merle

Butterflair
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Dec 2008, 2:12 pm

I find limerence and intense attraction interesting too, since I've been experiencing it most of my life. Mine tend to be one sided. I just recently realized it had a name. For me in the most recent one, the most noticeable thing was the extreme highs and lows. I knew I was having them but I didn't know why. It has been over 3 years so I think the amount of time can vary but it doesn't feel as strong as it once did. I think I'm coming off the high part.

Can you imagine the fireworks if two people who had limerence for each other got together? That would be your chemistry.

Orbyss
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 4:39 pm

I'm curious -- thinking about it, I've only felt 'limerence' for a couple months or so, and it either fades very quickly when there is no reciprocation or if something is established. It seems to be more of an establishing factor for me, rather than straight up allowing for impregnation. I'm wondering if this is because I'm always on the fast track; either the preferred mate likes me and gets with me or I move on as fast as I can, that sort of thing.

With the one person I've felt truly attracted, I was limerent for a short period, then it would fade, only to be sparked again only when our relationship was on the rocks, as if it was triggered to ensure we stayed together. Between rocky periods, I would simply feel affection for him, and my mind would readily wander to other things. If this had been with anyone else, the moment trouble struck the limerence most probably wouldn't have been triggered and I'd've faded away. As it happens, I'm finding out that's taking a lot longer to happen with him, but after two years, my limerent feelings aren't acting up as much in the face of sexual adversity. This is not necessarily good news for either of us.

Huh. I wonder how common this is with other people and their various preferences.

Micko
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jan 2012, 2:07 pm

CanyonWind wrote:
The chemistry/sparks phenomenon is considered all-important but impossible to define, still it's obvious and immediately recognizable. Does that give you a clue?

It's when highly effective non-verbal communication occurs between two people.

Good luck with that one.

Obvious and immedeiately recognisable it is and it's happened to me recently.