Not Being Able to Leave the House Because of the Admirers

Page 2 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Don't you hate dealing with the swarms of adulating fans too?
Oh yes certainly! 48%  48%  [ 12 ]
Don't you know it! 52%  52%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 25

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 10:36 am

Legato wrote:
Keeno wrote:
partly because there has at times been attention from females in the neighbourhood who are too young for me to have anything to do with.

That's the only part of this thread I can realistically sympathize with. For some reason the 14 year old stoner girls in the neighborhood want in my pants >_<

I'd take that as a compliment.

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 11:07 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
Tias wrote:
Oooh stop the BS please, why are there some people here who have "swarms" of girls after them?

It's not even realistic unless one is famous -.-

Because it's the Internet! On the Internet, all stories are real.

You just won the internet.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 11:59 am

Ticker wrote:
Joking aside, its unrealistic that any Aspie man would ever have fans chasing him. Unless of course he is Bill Gates whereas the women just want a piece of his billfold! It takes money or charisma to have fans and most Aspies have neither.

an Aspie is more along the lines of Brian Wilson (of the Beach Boys), actually.
Dr. Attwood got to meet him and said for his opinion, Brian Wilson is a solid Aspie.

Merle

ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 1:45 pm

I can't figure out how to vote in the poll: What's the difference between the two options?

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 6:44 pm

ephemerella wrote:
I can't figure out how to vote in the poll: What's the difference between the two options?

Exactly.

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 10:12 pm

I thought I might at least get a break on Halloween, but no luck.

I dressed up like the Queen of Sheba to avoid attracting unwanted attention from females, but I got kidnapped by the driver of a forty foot RV filled with drunken lesbians.

I was hoping they'd let me go once I explained to them that I was actually a guy, but instead, they all decided to become straight because they said I was so irresistible.

It got a little confusing because of all the different costumes they were wearing, but I did kinda like the Choir of Angels and the Somalian Pirate Crew.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

15 Dec 2008, 10:32 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
Ticker wrote:
Joking aside, its unrealistic that any Aspie man would ever have fans chasing him. Unless of course he is Bill Gates whereas the women just want a piece of his billfold! It takes money or charisma to have fans and most Aspies have neither.

an Aspie is more along the lines of Brian Wilson (of the Beach Boys), actually.
Dr. Attwood got to meet him and said for his opinion, Brian Wilson is a solid Aspie.

Merle

It seems like lot of celebrities have AS or the characteristics. Why is that?

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 10:47 pm

Oh..what I wouldn't give if Johnny Depp was...Image

He comes off a bit odd, I guess it's just wishful thinking... :(

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 10:48 pm

we all get that from time to time

(if he was what?)

15 Dec 2008, 10:53 pm

An aspie of course. That would explain why he does such a good job with his eccentric roles. He be a hot aspie if he really was one. I was told on AFF he wasn't because she asked him and he said no. Yeah that AFF member saw him in real life and JD picked up on her traits because Tim Burton has it. At least he is aware of our condition. Or maybe he does have it and he doesn't know it. :D That would explain the traits.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 10:54 pm

Aspie...you just never see anyone famous for this disorder.

I guess it ain't common among actors... :(

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 11:00 pm

apsies don't have the drive to do much (in rare cases they do) but most expect everything to come to them
I don't find AS alone attractive 9 alot of times its unattractive, as a lot of AS people are very annoying and very, very close minded and boring
I look for other things I suppose in people, the disliking of my weirdness obviously wouldn't make me seek out someone like me to be romantically involved with now would it?

ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 6:12 am

This is off topic but wanted to make a one-post response...

Kilroy wrote:
apsies don't have the drive to do much (in rare cases they do) but most expect everything to come to them
I don't find AS alone attractive 9 alot of times its unattractive, as a lot of AS people are very annoying and very, very close minded and boring

While that is true, there are benefits as well. Most NTs, if they dropped their surfaces, would be every bit as annoying, close minded, etc. as AS. We're just real.. real honest and really what we feel. Traumatized, we act traumatized. Depressed, we act depressed. But there are upsides to being with real people. When you get close to NTs often they are quite different underneath than what the people they work with think they are. In general, the NTs have surfaces that are inaccurate portrayals of what is underneath. Sometimes the difference between surface and insides is great. Most of the time, they are incredibly boring under their surfaces. AS might be weird, etc. But their minds are alive and they are real.

Kilroy wrote:
I look for other things I suppose in people, the disliking of my weirdness obviously wouldn't make me seek out someone like me to be romantically involved with now would it?

NTs make good romantic partners. I'm not as nice to my partners as they are to me... I'm often self-centered, disconnected from the relationship, tempestuous. It baffles me why they put up with me. In relationships, NTs are saintly, patient, generous people compared to AS traits.

gaoth
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Dec 2008, 7:19 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
When I walk on street , women take off their clothes and pile on me ....

o.o to bad though, I mostly know to keep stealthy and unnoticed....T_T

well mostly unnoticed that is, but remeber, even woman are just a heap of flesh, blood, bones and innards :D (with LOADS of emotions and hormones, glad to be a guy)

this account has become nonexistend, for all that truly have the urge to mail me (for my bollocks sake no money transers) please find the email adress, for the rest..may peace be with you, wherever thy go.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 8:10 am

gaoth wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
When I walk on street , women take off their clothes and pile on me ....

o.o to bad though, I mostly know to keep stealthy and unnoticed....T_T

well mostly unnoticed that is, but remeber, even woman are just a heap of flesh, blood, bones and innards :D (with LOADS of emotions and hormones, glad to be a guy)

My post was sarcasm....

msinglynx
Toucan
Toucan

16 Dec 2008, 3:10 pm

roadGames wrote:
Do broadly accepted to be attractive asperger's men even exist? Is male attractiveness to women really that dependent upon being socially competent? Or is it something more complex than that? There should be some string of psychological research regarding this.

I think socially incompetent guys are hot! But that could just be cuz then I feel less incompetent & that much more confidant myself...

And even tho he's not diagnosed and refuses to be, I do have an ex (ex becuz he does not know how to even try to not be totally self absorbed) who is universally known as "That hot guy".... until he opens his mouth. (but only cuz his ears seem to close up at the same time...)