Sex, drugs and Autism: Rebellion on the spectrum

Page 2 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 5:10 pm

I'm a commited straightedge so no drugs 4 me. i'm a virgin 2.
Rebellion is another story...

RockDrummer616
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 8:32 pm

I'm a huge rock music fan, but I don't have long hair or wear leather or do drugs. I can't seem to figure out what kind of music is popular with other kids around my age (15). For a while it seemed like crappy hip-hop music was the trendy style, but it seems like by now everybody's figured out that it's boring. Maybe not, I don't know.

chrism
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jan 2009, 5:32 am

sex and drugs are pretty much everyday life for me, i live in the ghetto (of australia lol) and have been diagnosied with aspergers.

i've been in several different crime gangs and graffiti gangs, ive been in fights, and every now and then i still get into a fight or 2.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 10:15 pm

I'm not rebellious, still a virgin, but I smoke weed and drink.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2009, 8:47 pm

Do you guys (girls) really seriously think this type of stuff is rebellion?

lithium
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jan 2009, 11:19 am

garyww wrote:

in a sense, we choose to look different and act different then the pack, we choose to do things that the government labels as illegal activities, look in your time rebellion was stuff like the provo riots and those kind of things, but times have changed, we do not have to be all like sid vicious, we do not have to assault police officers at demonstrations (though there seem too be lots of exceptions to this rule lately).

apparantly you seem to have some real high standard before something is considered rebellious, maybe you would like to share those standards with us.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2009, 7:37 pm

I'm the opposite of rebellion :P

Italianwolf77
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2009, 7:50 pm

garyww wrote:

We choose to look different, act different, choose to do illegal things....Thats rebellion. We are rebelling against the norm of teenagers, who all wear the same trendy clothes and listen to the same trendy music, and abide laws. I'm not saying all of us break the law though. I'm just saying, the stuff I mentioned would be considered rebellion. We are rebelling against the norm. Your definition of rebellion is probably different, and is an older definition.

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2009, 11:59 am

garyww wrote:
A teenager disobeying their parents and making fashion statements really isn't much for rebellion is it? That's just a little adolescent trying to be a cool by being a rebel. I'll gladly admit that like everyone else, that's all my "rebellion" is.

PlanetLouise
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Feb 2009, 3:23 pm

I'm going to be honest.

I think most of you have 'rebel' wrong. By getting into the whole 'rock and roll thing' all you're doing is conforming to a different group and a different lifestyle. You may not be doing what your parents want, what your government wants, what some people in your year want- but you are doing what half the rock scene wants! You are still conforming!

I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong, I'm just saying that you shouldn't call what you are doing 'rebellion', because it isn't. Not only is it still conforming, it's also old. Seriously- do people still think drug use is 'edgy'? It isn't, because loads of people do it.

If you want to be a rebel, do something completely new, say something outrageous that no-one else has thought of, go against everyone's standards and do entirely your own thing. Almsot everything's a rebellion against someone, so you have to really push if you want to be seen as a rebel.

I personally do some of this stuff- I listen to rock and wear the clothing- but because I want to, not because I'm trying to be cool/rebel. I'm a virgin (but I'm 15 so that isn't a problem), I would get drunk if I was with a group who were, but it doesn't really appeal to me that much so I don't go oput of my way to do it. I don't smoke because I think it's a waste of money, and I don't take drugs. Not because I'm against drugs- I think they're OK for people to use in moderation- but because drugs just don't appeal to me. Is hallucinating really that much fun?

I, like most people, have done some rebellious stuff. A notable example if when I wrote part of a story, used my Mother as a test to see if the plot worked and she said that she thought it was sick and that if she read it in a shop she'd wonder about my state of mind. (This was because the book included incest- which I've now erased (not because of the moral issues, but because it didn't really fit with the storyline and was out-of-character for the characters involved), self harm in a school (changed that for same reasons) and bad language (which I've kept.)

zman99
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Mar 2009, 7:56 pm

FOR SOME REASON I SOMETIMES GO WITH THE CROWD WITH A FEW TRENDS EVERY NOW AND THEN BUT IM NOT THAT POPULAR AND I DENY IT BECAUSE FOR SOME REASON SOM KID SPREAD AROUND A RUMOR THAT I WAS GAY BUT I WASN'T BEING AN ASPIE IS PRETTY HARD 2 GO WIT THE CROWD :(

Italianwolf77
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2009, 8:52 pm

zman99 wrote:
FOR SOME REASON I SOMETIMES GO WITH THE CROWD WITH A FEW TRENDS EVERY NOW AND THEN BUT IM NOT THAT POPULAR AND I DENY IT BECAUSE FOR SOME REASON SOM KID SPREAD AROUND A RUMOR THAT I WAS GAY BUT I WASN'T BEING AN ASPIE IS PRETTY HARD 2 GO WIT THE CROWD :(

Turn off the caps lock.

And trends are stupid, don't follow them

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 4:38 am

Can't I have 'em all? It is already stressful to live --- why can't I choose these things to drown my sorrows down?

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 4:25 pm

Aspie_rebel wrote:
Any other teenagers on the spectrum here who feels that they have a rockstar/rebel mentality? I only ask because I'm a 14 year old aspie male with long hair, I wear leather jackets, listen to rock music and generally rebel.
This is steriotypical rebellion. That is not rebellion. I cut myself if that counts. my parents wouldn't want me to do it and no one thinks it's cool. Now that is rebellion;)

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 5:22 am

Cool --- if only I were you.

sketch
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Mar 2009, 8:58 am

i think i rebel the most by just ignoring people these days, when i was 14 - 17 i had like fluro blue hair wore spikes around my neck and my wrists dressed heavily in black and wore eyeliner and listened to joy division (note this was before emo was a really popular word and everyone just called us goths)
im not so big on the hairdye now (its just dyed black) and the eyeliners still there, so is alot of the black clothing, the only reason is stopped wearing spikes was i was getting beaten up and the cops comfinfiscated them on more than one occasion.

rebellions still a part of my daily life (even though i just turned 20 so in reality im not officially a teenager anymore) but still i think thats what being an aspie is, rebeling against whats normal and being who you are.