Sex, drugs and Autism: Rebellion on the spectrum

Page 3 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

sketch
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Mar 2009, 8:58 am

i think i rebel the most by just ignoring people these days, when i was 14 - 17 i had like fluro blue hair wore spikes around my neck and my wrists dressed heavily in black and wore eyeliner and listened to joy division (note this was before emo was a really popular word and everyone just called us goths)
im not so big on the hairdye now (its just dyed black) and the eyeliners still there, so is alot of the black clothing, the only reason is stopped wearing spikes was i was getting beaten up and the cops comfinfiscated them on more than one occasion.

rebellions still a part of my daily life (even though i just turned 20 so in reality im not officially a teenager anymore) but still i think thats what being an aspie is, rebeling against whats normal and being who you are.

jamesp420
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Mar 2009, 11:55 pm

I wear whats comfortable so I'm not sure if that matters, but I smoke weed about every day(total pothead), and I always seem to find something unjust about the world. I listen to avante-garde metal and progressive rock.
What does this make me? A rebel?

http://www.facebook.com/jamesp420

jaymannj
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Apr 2009, 8:23 pm

i try to fit in... but i always dont... so therefor i just started getting in trouble... as fer drugs... everything from weed to oxycottins. its how i cope... idk just wierd... i am a bit more gangsta... i mean like pants hangin down my ass and shirts 5xl to big. i guess i may be the only aspie like that idk

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2009, 10:09 pm

A symptom of autism is disregard for social norms and liking to do things our way. We're born rebels. That's why I say Aspies rock!

Bluestocking
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Apr 2009, 11:22 pm

protest_the_hero wrote:
A symptom of autism is disregard for social norms and liking to do things our way. We're born rebels. That's why I say Aspies rock!

Amen!
I was never really a conventional sex/drugs rebel in high school, my rebellion was more towards things I regarded to be problematic, like the school dress code, which I thought unfairly focused on women's clothes, even when the guys were wearing clothes that had disgusting and obscene content printed on it. So I found the most repulsive shirt possible and tried to see if I would get reprimanded. I also knew the Skeptic's Dictionary by heart and could quote it at any time, openly admitted to my classmates that I masturbated, and other behaviors considered antisocial. That was much more satisfying rebellion than getting a tattoo.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 3:28 pm

AS metal head here! :)

I used to rebel a LOT at school. But not by being destructive or disruptive. Usually it was by being analytical and pointing out all the things that sucked about the school system.

I once wrote in my school journal a long critique of the school rules....it did not go down well...

SamAckary
Toucan
Toucan

07 Apr 2009, 3:35 pm

mechanicalgirl39 wrote:
AS metal head here! :)

I used to rebel a LOT at school. But not by being destructive or disruptive. Usually it was by being analytical and pointing out all the things that sucked about the school system.

I once wrote in my school journal a long critique of the school rules....it did not go down well...

Same, there are a great deal of problems with the current schooling system, like in the UK we have sets which bugger everything up

But on topic, I don't really know what you class as rebellion, but i'm generally anti-social as possible, I listen to a lot heavy metal music, after all that is real music, not the crappy rap stuff, and I generally hate people, nuff said

Doncostello

11 Apr 2009, 7:14 pm

im a cocaine snorting, hashish smokeing, emo, cutter teen :)

AlMightyAl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Apr 2009, 2:33 pm

I argue a lot.
Often, my points are so valid that the teacher gets speechless, takes me out of the room and leaves me there for like 10 minutes.
but thats the only rebellious thing about me.

kissmyarrrtichoke
Toucan
Toucan

12 Apr 2009, 5:41 pm

Quadrophenia! Rebel Without A Cause!

The only thing I do is enjoy getting drunk on vodka and coke/orange. I don't do it often but I get a buzz from it and often feel my enthusiasm is a bit worrying.
In terms of music you can't get better than ABBA, Queen, The Carpenters or Belinda Carlisle Heaven Is A... etc from me. Far from much of my generation! I don't like heavy music. And I'm pretty plain and tomboyish.
But oh yes I do argue :P

lithium
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Apr 2009, 10:01 am

protest_the_hero wrote:
This is steriotypical rebellion. That is not rebellion. I cut myself if that counts. my parents wouldn't want me to do it and no one thinks it's cool. Now that is rebellion;)

cutting yourself is not rebellion, it's stupid, disobeying your parents is more rebellious, and for all those old folks who keep talking about what we do is not rebellion, you guys suck. your definition of rebellion is one that conforms, rebellion is when you stick it to the man, rebellion is when you stick it to the system, hell rebellion is when you wake up one day and decide to go against everything and go with your own flow, those willing to experiment, willing to be artistic, willing to be different, they are rebels!

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 1:50 pm

I am a rebel, I don't follow fashion and I don't belong to any music stereotype I listen to what ever I like. I also have a history or being pretty naughty, and infants and junior I was always the first person people pointing the finger to when someone did something bad at school lol. I have skived off lessons and assemblys at school a few times. When I was in junior school and early high school I had a few detentions but hardly wen to them because the teachers let me off anyway. But I am a goody two shoes more now I just have the rebelious look/attitude

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 8:31 pm

Can't u tell im a badboy by my pic? LOL

RockDrummer616
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 9:50 pm

OK, here's some things that in my opinion are NOT rebellious:

Drugs. The drug companies want you to think you are rebelling.
Gangsta rap. Doesn't anyone realize how mainstream this has become? It's amazing how relevant the song "Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)" still is, over 10 years later.
Swearing a lot. It just makes you sound stupid. Too many people I know just swear so much that it just sounds like any other word.

That's what I got for now. Remember, be original, don't try to be rebellious like everybody else. It's against the whole point!

dalekaspie
Toucan
Toucan

05 May 2009, 9:46 am

i'm a rebel against the neuro typical white man 8)

scorpileo
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2009, 3:13 am

I am kind of a reble but I dont ever plan to to take drugs/smoke but I will drink but sparsely

I've seen my father wated and drunk and vilont and he contracted hepititus C from sharing needles.

My hair is long my fringe goes down to my mouth and the back to my sholders.

My clothes don't match and I disregard most authorty figures. I am a law upon myself.