Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 8:53 pm

garyww wrote:
My brother is left handed and way more normal than I am thankfully.

My sister is too.

natesmom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 9:13 pm

garyww wrote:
Okay, all left handed geeks go to one side of the room and all right-handed geeks go to the other side of the room. All geeks who use both hands equally have to leave the room entirely.

LOL

Great one

Still trying to figure out if my son is AS or HFA. Different professionals have differing opinions. My son is definitely left handed.

mystyc
Toucan
Toucan

23 Dec 2008, 9:55 pm

I am predominately right handed, [edited for content by sinsboldy] Never mind, hehehe.

This topic needs a poll, yet, I can see that if I made a poll before reading this thread, I would have not been able to categorize the questions properly.

I am going to create another thread with a poll, under the justification that the responses to this thread allows me to make a proper poll. Oh well. Here it goes!

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 11:38 pm

another lefty. Type better with the right, but play guitar backwards and upside down...;)

Anniemaniac
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Dec 2008, 12:52 am

I write and use a fork with my left, but everything else I do with my right, such as throwing, catching, using knives/scissors etc. I put this down to the fact that most things a designed for right handed people, so I learnt to use them.

It really used to annoy me in school how I'd always get given left handed scissors. I can't use those things at all. No matter how many times I asked for, or got myself a right handed pair, I'd still always be given left handed ones.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2008, 12:59 am

Left hander I be.

*Daniel rolls his eyes at his body's need to be different*

Fo-Rum
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Dec 2008, 3:32 am

Anniemaniac wrote:
I write and use a fork with my left, but everything else I do with my right, such as throwing, catching, using knives/scissors etc. I put this down to the fact that most things a designed for right handed people, so I learnt to use them.

It really used to annoy me in school how I'd always get given left handed scissors. I can't use those things at all. No matter how many times I asked for, or got myself a right handed pair, I'd still always be given left handed ones.

Well, I adapted to scissors easily. Since a lot of the time left handed scissors weren't available in the classrooms, I used right handed ones. All it takes is apply pressure as a right handed person did, but with your left hand. They work of course by pushing the blades together when you cut, and the design of them is so that they're pushed together when using your right hand. It isn't as comfortable as it could be doing it that way, but at least I could cut things.

What I dislike the most is writing. My hand gets pencil lead or ink on it all the time when writing.

Calvin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Dec 2008, 4:36 am

I am left-handed.

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2008, 4:37 am

I'm diagnosed with AS and I'm left handed but according to my mum, when I eat with a knife and fork I use them like I'm right handed, but that dosent seem logical at all to me coz I use my left hand for my fork... Anyway, the knife and fork thing is connected to dyspraxia which I know I have.

Kaysea
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2008, 4:40 am

garyww wrote:
Okay, all left handed geeks go to one side of the room and all right-handed geeks go to the other side of the room. All geeks who use both hands equally have to leave the room entirely.

See ya...

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2008, 4:49 am

Either ambidextrous or left-handed or right-handed and messed up.

Let's stick to unusual-handed!

Woodpeace
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Dec 2008, 4:50 am

I am left-handed.

thegirlisdangerous

24 Dec 2008, 5:10 am

I am the only one in my family that is left-handed....i am the intelligent one :D

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Dec 2008, 5:12 am

Hm..Very left handed and left footed too. Strange thing is when I started to play the guitar, I did so the right way, and still do. I also shoot the normal way with rifles, but left handed when I use a pistol or revolver.

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2008, 8:39 am

Yes and no on that.

Things I do with my left hand:
Write
Draw
forge signatures (yeah)...not since high school hall passes though
Carry trays (in serving)
Smoke cigarettes (pretty good with right hand too, but much more left hand dominant)
Carry my kids (always plop the child on left hip and use left arm before doing so with right side)
Eat

Things I do with my right easier:
Write on chalkboards/dry erase
Throw a ball
Bowl a ball
Shoot (although I'm left eye dominant, so there is some crossover action)
Remote Control (i.e. tv, etc.)
Type one handed
Punch (but my left is still pretty good, just not as dominant)
Light my cigarette (probably because I smoke with my left, but I can still operate a lighter with my left, but not a matchstick)
Brush my hair

Things I do equally well with both hands:
Paint
Golf
Bat
Blow dry my hair
Drop things and knock things over

I'm sure i could come up with more stupid examples of when I use my hand, but you see, I can't say I'm ambidextrious (spelling has got to be wrong on that) because I can't use both hands on everything, and I can't say I'm one or the other. I guess I'm all the above...Left handed, right handed, and ambidextrous.

lexis
Toucan
Toucan

24 Dec 2008, 8:44 am

DeLoreanDude wrote:
I'm diagnosed with AS and I'm left handed but according to my mum, when I eat with a knife and fork I use them like I'm right handed, but that dosent seem logical at all to me coz I use my left hand for my fork... Anyway, the knife and fork thing is connected to dyspraxia which I know I have.

I'm dyspraxic myself and I can't even use a knife. :oops: