Quoted for emphasis.

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 12:35 pm

Agon wrote:
Quote:
I don't want to get sued.

Sued for what? The only thing that will happen is that you will be frowned upon.

Sure I would be frowned on, but people are jerks. The stranger would have found a way to sue me. Its the American way!

Agon
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Dec 2008, 6:52 pm

Chibi_Neko wrote:
Agon wrote:
Quote:
I don't want to get sued.

Sued for what? The only thing that will happen is that you will be frowned upon.

Sure I would be frowned on, but people are jerks. The stranger would have found a way to sue me. Its the American way!

Ah, of course. How could I forget...

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 7:10 pm

Human life has instrinsic value. It is very fragile and impossible to reconstruct. You can't put a price-tag on it. The Five Aggregates of Form, Feeling, Consciousness, Mental Formation and Will are disbanded when death occurs, never again coming together in that particular pattern.

Krem
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Dec 2008, 8:55 pm

twoshots wrote:
Because animals suck.

But humans are just another species. Are you one of them tree-huggers?

slowmutant wrote:
Human life has instrinsic value. It is very fragile and impossible to reconstruct. You can't put a price-tag on it. The Five Aggregates of Form, Feeling, Consciousness, Mental Formation and Will are disbanded when death occurs, never again coming together in that particular pattern.

The question was, why are 'humans' 'above' other species? Are you saying we're the only species with 'instrinsic value'?

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 8:58 pm

Krem wrote:
twoshots wrote:
Because animals suck.

But humans are just another species.

Colloquially, animal means non human.
Quote:
Are you one of them tree-huggers?

Are you a fan of non sequiturs?

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 9:06 pm

Krem wrote:
twoshots wrote:
Because animals suck.

But humans are just another species. Are you one of them tree-huggers?

slowmutant wrote:

The question was, why are 'humans' 'above' other species? Are you saying we're the only species with 'instrinsic value'?

No, obviously not. Anything else you'd like to pick apart?

earthdweller
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Dec 2008, 11:46 pm

Life does seem to evolve from self-preservation instinct. Could we think that the animals are a "less developed" evolution than humans? If you take a look at insects such as bee's and ants or look at the animals such as rattle-snakes and scorpians, you'd notice how much "violence" and self-preservation is built into them. Perhaps we are a form of life that did not take on an "evolution" to contruct within our organic form some kind of organic weapon.. This reminds me of the time that I watched "the outer limits" (I think it was) and an alien life-form "disguised" as a human (Or took the form of) sold some kind of advanced form of technology that looked like a human hand gun to a human. But this gun fused with the charactors hand who bought the gun and it fused more to the arm each time it was used.

Humans have some violence in them by making these technological weapons i.e "tools". And we have an "ego" (all is not one) and, so to speak, have some form of conciousness above the animal level when we are violent. Animals are "unconcious" of their actions. Anything more evolved then a human would be said to be alien so I guess that we are in a stage of evolution.

Krem
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Dec 2008, 11:59 pm

Quote:
Animals are "unconcious" of their actions.

How can you be so sure of that? To you speak their language? ( Even if it's just grunts, and posture, it's still a language. A rattlesnake rattling its rattle is telling you to 'back off', so to say. )

earthdweller
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Dec 2008, 12:22 am

Remember also that I wrote: Could we think that the animals are a "less developed" evolution than humans?

The adaption of organic built in organic technology in other life-forms built from genes making protiens is impressive to me. Perhaps this is some form of protein governed organic intelligence.

The reason why I added the perenthesis "" to "conciousness" was because that type of wording to describe things could be misleading and lacking in depth.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 12:37 am

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
twoshots wrote:
Because animals suck.

I think they taste *quite* good.

Since humans are made, more or less, of the same proteins that construct other animals, it's a reasonable that people probable would be delicious if prepared by a good cook. One of my neighbors, at one time, kept me awake at all hours with horrible loud music and no protest would make it stop. If it was legal I would have no compunction about holding a party of select friends and eating her. The neighborhood would undoubtedly have benefited and a good time would have been had by all including my cat.

Krem
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Dec 2008, 12:42 am

Cannibalism is the solution to starvation. More food, less people to feed. Everybody wins! (Except the dead guy. Well, atleast he doesn't die of starvation. Or maybe he did.)

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 4:48 am

Sand wrote:
Awesomelyglorious wrote:
twoshots wrote:
Because animals suck.

Since humans are made, more or less, of the same proteins that construct other animals, it's a reasonable that people probable would be delicious if prepared by a good cook. One of my neighbors, at one time, kept me awake at all hours with horrible loud music and no protest would make it stop. If it was legal I would have no compunction about holding a party of select friends and eating her. The neighborhood would undoubtedly have benefited and a good time would have been had by all including my cat.

Do the Finns have a national tradition of cannibalism? :o

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 6:01 am

Sand wrote:
Awesomelyglorious wrote:
twoshots wrote:
Because animals suck.

You've gotta go for the oysters, back muscle; best served with sweet bread, kidney beans, and a good merlot over classical music :D .

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 7:22 am

Like it or not, we are at the top of the food chain due to our intelligence and ingenuity. Death is necessary for many organisms to live and thrive. Even plants, which are autotrophs, benefit from the death other plants, particularly when it comes to the improved fertility of the soil. Death is justified when it objectively helps a higher organism survive.