Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Loreic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Dec 2008, 1:40 am

So I just downloaded a game by someone who runs this small forum. He used RPG Maker XP to make it and when I went to open it up "RGSS102E.dll could not be found." popped up and closed the game before it started. What's going on? (running on Vista)

kip
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 1:46 am

Hmmm... interesting that it would be looking for a file in XP thats not found in Vista...

Unfortunately, there's not much that can be done. Messing about in the system files is a sure way to crash your computer. Vista isn't known for it's friendliness to older programmes, is there any chance you can load it up on an XP machine?

Also, a search of my machine didn't turn up anything, but it may just be confused because windows isn't C, it's D. Seems to mess with it's head.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

Loreic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Dec 2008, 1:13 pm

I've looked it up and found that it can be downloaded, but I don't know where I'd put it to work.

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 2:54 pm

Loreic wrote:
I've looked it up and found that it can be downloaded, but I don't know where I'd put it to work.

in the same file folder the game's in (or the folder that the original .exe program is in, not a shortcut).

Forsaken
Raven
Raven

27 Dec 2008, 3:08 pm

Most programs search the main directory and the folder the program starts in, put the .dll in a save folder and copy it to those places then try again, if your still having problems search the net for a program called "file monitor" it was made for windows 98 but works on most any windows system (its free), this will tell you what the program is searching for and loading and if its accepting or rejecting any files and where its searching for them at, careful though, shut down all other programs before running it because it lists all activities of running programs on your computer, but there are ways to tell it to ignore all the programs other then what your wanting it to monitor.

I MANY times used File Monitor to find ways to force programs not meant for my system to work on my system with vary good results, and I also find it vary useful for tracking down and eliminating Trojans and Viruses and other unwanted programs.

Loreic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Dec 2008, 7:04 pm

Good news: I downloaded the file and put it into the folder with the program and it doesn't tell me it's missing!

Bad news: RGSS-RTP standard is missing. XP