Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

01 Jan 2009, 1:24 am

I don't understand why people hate them so much. They seem like innocent people to me so why hate them based on what they wear, what they like, what jobs they have and what residence they live in? I think it's stupid to hate them for that. It be like hating me because I like Spokane or Benny & Joon or hating my future sister in law because her house is a dump.

I like thrift stores and buy from there.
Half of my clothes came from thrift stores
I went to The Simspons Movie premiere
I have listened to music I have never heard. Doesn't everyone do that? New songs are always coming out and you will always hear songs on the radio you have never heard before.
I work in housekeeping making $10.50 an hour (not working right now since we are so slow)I'm cheap. I am so obsessed with money, I budget and I buy what's on sale and I buy used video games. I rarely buy new games.

Does that make me a hipster? :P

And hipsters here?

EDIT: Appears I took the definition too literal. One of my online friends told me a hipster is a person who is well off (like rich) who tries and acts like everyone else, but flaunts their money and stuff at most every occasion and you have to do both.
We were talking about that word. No wonder people hate them.

The articles about them sure had to go on and on about what they do and wear, what their interests are and what music they listen to, what jobs they have and what their residence are.