Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 11:16 am

blackcat wrote:
9CatMom wrote:
I hate the word "ret*d." My parents actually get angry when I use the word to describe myself, because they know I'm not. Still, I get frustrated at my inability to do simple things even though I have a Master's degree in English and have typically excelled at tasks involving use of language, such as writing, proofreadring, spelling and library work.

However, I do incredibly dumb things. I feel like a klutz at times and can't seem to see things people point to. I felt humiliated when I saw a show on dogs last week that said they could locate things immediately when people pointed at them. I'm not as smart as a dog-or a cat. I have often thought my cats are much smarter than I am. They can sure fake me out at times!

I never know what anyone is pointing to either.

I don't either!! !! !! !! !! And they often say something like "See that sign down there?", and I see like 5 that could easily be the ones.

The DOGS probably cheated by being trained or smelling the scent. Cats are KNOWN for being devious! Sorry if anyone finds that offensive, but they are.

blackcat,

I don't REALLY know you, but you sound nice and certainly DON'T sound ret*d. You ARE odd but, as I said, some odd people, even ones committed to insane asylums for it, ended up helping humanity, even with the idea that people locked them up for!

I have known people that acted JUST like your mother, and a LOT of mothers are similar. MY mother was similar. My mother often gave threats, told me I could end up with my father, who she denigrated all the time. I KNEW I literally could NOT live with my father! At the time, his little apartment LITERALLY smelled like an ash tray. He slept ALL the time, except work and while listening to sports. He didn't want a kid hanging around. And, though I wasn't called "ret*d", being called "stupid" was bad enough. Living with her was NOT easy.