Page 4 of 8 [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

LemonBubblez
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Mar 2009, 9:01 am

I want to destroy my sex drive permanently :( I'm approaching 18 and it's already causing intense pain.

Forsaken
Raven
Raven

31 Mar 2009, 10:28 am

Acceptance, acceptance that you may live your whole life and perhaps even die, alone.
this will dump your sex drive almost down to zero, it will still be there if needed, but otherwise the desires drops away with the hope.

Out of all the things I have done and tried in my life this is what worked best for me.

total acceptance.

look at it this way, your basing your happiness and contentment on that of not feeling you can be whole or happy without someone in your life, when the truth of it is you need to find that fulfillment within your self first before your ever truly ready for a lasting relationship, and if you never find that, then you need to find it with your self, you only have one life, enjoy it, don't count on others doing it for you.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 5:13 pm

Soy milk and sugar don't actually work. I drink lots of both and still have a raging high sex drive, it makes me distracted sometimes.

I can't think of any way you can lower it, other than thinking about s**t or vomit (or something similarly revolting) every time you get horny.

semota
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Apr 2009, 5:40 pm

Reflection wrote:
Sorry I can't offer a solution...

I have the same problem and it's driving me crazy and might wreck an otherwise great relationship I'm in.
I bought Chasteberry herb which is said to have been used by monks to reduce their sex drive and keep them chaste, but it doesn't work instantly (it takes a few months of daily tea to kick in), so I gave up from impatience.

Do we just have to find someone who has the same sex drive as us?

By the way, I've heard that libido/sex drive is all in the brain. Some scientists put a stimulator on that area of the brain of a woman who had a low sex drive, and she instantly had a very high libido (she didn't like the sudden change so she had them take it off though). Interesting.. but I'm not personally interested in messing around with my brain.

what does "too much" mean? how much times/day do you think is the amount that would satisfy you?

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2009, 1:40 am

Forsaken wrote:
Acceptance, acceptance that you may live your whole life and perhaps even die, alone.
this will dump your sex drive almost down to zero, it will still be there if needed, but otherwise the desires drops away with the hope.

Out of all the things I have done and tried in my life this is what worked best for me.

total acceptance.

look at it this way, your basing your happiness and contentment on that of not feeling you can be whole or happy without someone in your life, when the truth of it is you need to find that fulfillment within your self first before your ever truly ready for a lasting relationship, and if you never find that, then you need to find it with your self, you only have one life, enjoy it, don't count on others doing it for you.

I'm not sure that this is necessarily related to having a high sex drive. Having a high sex drive is a physiological thing, which doesn't have to have any relationship to having someone in your life. At least that's my experience.

I generally like the feeling of being very horny (having a high sex drive), but it can be annoying if you have things you need to do, and you can't concentrate on the job at hand because your genitals are shouting, "Whee-Heee!! Pay attention to me!!" I totally understand wanting to turn it down a notch.

And there is also the fact that one can only take care of the situation so much before things start feeling rather sore; and then you still have that high sex drive, but it's not fun anymore, because you can't make it feel better without also making it feel worse.

lisalee
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jan 2011, 11:08 am

Hello,

I am a 32 year old woman who has been out of a relationship for quite some time now. I am not use to being sexually active. I always had a partner. Now that I don’t, I find myself very frustrated and can stop thinking about it. Is there any type of medication that anyone know about to decrease my libido??

DeusMechanicus

16 Feb 2011, 12:29 pm

Acceptance, nor any other method mentioned on this thread has decreased the problem (some such as copulation, ultimately increase sex drive even if the relieve it in the short term). I would certainly never recommend becoming religious to anyone.
The only potential method of getting around such an irritating and damaging distraction is to fight fire with fire – pheromones with pheromones.
You may find that your sex drive really increases a few days before, on the same day as and a few days after menstruation, as well as in peak-cycle ovulation.
It is quite probably that ‘we who suffer’ are reacting to our own pheromones and that wearing natural perfume (such as wild gorse or sage) will significantly inhibit this biochemically-imposed cascade.
It is generally assumed that I am asexual but internally I am in absolute turmoil without a Tryptophan protein-shake in one hand and a chemistry set in the other! It is not attraction to others that I feel but an intense need to just get rid of the tension – like a bad itch.

cassandra
Raven
Raven

27 Mar 2011, 10:22 am

I found taking the contraceptive pill made my libido almost completly dissappear. I take the combined contraceptive pill. I used to have a very high sex drive, now it is gone. There are though other side effects such as weight gain etc.... that can also happen. The pill destroyed my sex drive completly.

http://health.dailynewscentral.com/content/view/896/62

According to this article it can be permanent, but I do not believe this to be true. I had a break for 3 mths from the pill and I lost all the weight I gained and my sex drive returned.

JusSumBudi

27 Mar 2011, 12:04 pm

cassandra wrote:
I found taking the contraceptive pill made my libido almost completly dissappear. I take the combined contraceptive pill. I used to have a very high sex drive, now it is gone. There are though other side effects such as weight gain etc.... that can also happen. The pill destroyed my sex drive completly.

According to this article it can be permanent, but I do not believe this to be true. I had a break for 3 mths from the pill and I lost all the weight I gained and my sex drive returned.

That works quite well. My wife took the pill and her sex drive disappeared almost altogether.

cassandra
Raven
Raven

27 Mar 2011, 12:06 pm

JusSumBudi wrote:
cassandra wrote:

That works quite well. My wife took the pill and her sex drive disappeared almost altogether.

Yes it does, mine has gone. I am married and my husband can vouch for that also. It kills the libido of women stone cold :(

JusSumBudi

27 Mar 2011, 12:08 pm

cassandra wrote:
JusSumBudi wrote:
cassandra wrote:

Yes it does, mine has gone. I am married and my husband can vouch for that also. It kills the libido of women stone cold :(

Maybe that why the pill really works? :D :P You can't get pregnant if you don't have sex

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2011, 6:43 pm

I have a hormonal IUD, and even though it's a smaller dose of hormones than the pill, it pretty much nixed my sex drive too (not to mention halting my periods altogether). It is convenient, to say the least, although I imagine it's a little like being on lithium when one is bipolar: sometimes the ups seem worth the downs. I haven't yet decided if I'll have it replaced at the end of its five-year life span.

brokenbells
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Mar 2011, 12:08 pm

I'm a nymphomaniac (who can't stand people, so I don't get much that isn't solo) and... uh, if I knew a way, I'd share, but I really don't know of any. Lemme know if you hear of anything!

SkittlesAndRoses
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Apr 2011, 7:42 am

I'm 17 and I've got a boyfriend living at home that I'm super-crazy about, and vice versa, but... my sex drive is sometimes higher than his, and his is sometimes higher than mine. While the second issue isn't all that horrible, the first keeps me up at night at keeps me from focusing on things that need focusing on. :/ I tried looking up how to deal with it a moment ago, and my goodness, I was super surprised when it brought me to this forum. It's SO very comforting to know that I'm not alone with this. I'm on birth control and depression medication, and neither have dropped my libido at all, I wasn't even aware of these side-effects. I've also tried getting myself off on my own, and my golly, it does nothing but make things worse. :/ I was pretty shocked when I saw how common this little issue is, I identified with a whole lot of what I read here. Thanks all!

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 10:58 am

I'm about to menstruate, and I currently get a stabbing pain behind my obliques that I can only assume is ovarian whenever I masturbate or orgasm...Fun...

Finmagik
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Aug 2011, 1:07 am

This is a problem for me now. A big problem. I want to find someone to settle down and spend the rest of life with. But I also want sex, lots of sex. And so far none of my partners can keep up. I end up sneaking around. Or when I'm not with anyone slutting around :(. I don't want to be that girl. My libido is high and my impulse control is bad, I usually end up pulling any potentional life mat into the bedroom on the first date and never hearing from them again. I want to crush and destroy this, demonic thing inside of me.