Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 5:13 pm

anna-banana wrote:
zghost wrote:
I'd say female, becaues as long as you aren't hideous, guys will try to pick you up anyway.

...and then they'll start running as fast as they can once they've gotten to know your immaturity in every possible field.

... unless the two people get married right away, in which case her emotional immaturity will eat away at the relationship until the man either beats her up, cheats on her, or abandons her.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 5:15 pm

Fnord wrote:
anna-banana wrote:
zghost wrote:
I'd say female, becaues as long as you aren't hideous, guys will try to pick you up anyway.

...and then they'll start running as fast as they can once they've gotten to know your immaturity in every possible field.

... unless the two people get married right away, in which case her emotional immaturity will eat away at the relationship until the man either beats her up, cheats on her, or abandons her.

viva Las Vegas!

:wink:

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 5:20 pm

Airborne wrote:
anna-banana wrote:
zghost wrote:

No offense but thats exactly the response I was expecting to see in this thread. Im going to be blunt as Jack Nicholson said in a few good men "YOU WANT THE TRUTH? YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!! !!". Its true if you cant handle it thats a shame. Guys are attracted to attractive woman, and while I totally object to viewing woman as an object, I think zghost was simply stating the obvious and you seam quite insecure.

Quote:
seam

Seam is spelled seem unless you mean a seam of a dress. IMO that's immature but no offense...

Also you probably shouldn't assume people are insecure if they have a different opinion from someone else or have had a different experience....

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 7:07 pm

So far, every response seems to be aimed towards one "emotionally ret*d" individual hooking up with a non-retarded individual, in which the relationship is likely to fail. Mostly because the non-retarded person will eventually get tired of the others' short-commings.

I think that two emotionally ret*d people could form a relationship that would work. At any rate, I think that they would have a much better chance than two mis-matched people.

And yes, I am another one of those who are "emotionally ret*d". :shrug:

Those who know, don't speak.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 7:36 pm

I'm not emotionally ret*d because I have a high IQ!! ! Image

Airborne
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jan 2009, 8:03 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
Airborne wrote:
anna-banana wrote:
zghost wrote:

No offense but thats exactly the response I was expecting to see in this thread. Im going to be blunt as Jack Nicholson said in a few good men "YOU WANT THE TRUTH? YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!! !!". Its true if you cant handle it thats a shame. Guys are attracted to attractive woman, and while I totally object to viewing woman as an object, I think zghost was simply stating the obvious and you seam quite insecure.

Quote:
seam

Seam is spelled seem unless you mean a seam of a dress. IMO that's immature but no offense...

Also you probably shouldn't assume people are insecure if they have a different opinion from someone else or have had a different experience....

Im like a physic! I knew you (as in a person) would detract from the actual concept and Idea from my post solely so you would not have to answer. Also, in more cases that not, people act like that when there insecure. Also it would be in your best interest if you are trying to side with magnus to not use "IMO" as under his classification thats "robot talk". Kind of bad to contradict your allies....Also whats immature? My minor spelling errors come across as premature knowledge of the English language? Well first of, Im on the internet and while grammar is important on the internet I generally dont perfect every single error as I am actually focused on many things at a time, two Im 15...
Quote:
I'm not emotionally ret*d because I have a high IQ!! !

Uh...no. The two do not correlate with each other, there have been MANY a times when people with High IQ's were social and/or emotionally "ret*d" as the OP calls it. Also dont act like a braggart on here, it honestly isnt going anywhere if thats what your trying to do as Im about 100% sure theres at least once person that is smarter than you and me if not combined. (Go ahead correct my grammar, saves me some time anyways)

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 8:15 pm

I guess you can't read between the lines since that last paragraph was sarcasm.... :o

As for Magnus, I didn't read her post I was humbly speaking in my opinion.... :wink:

Airborne
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jan 2009, 8:23 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
I guess you can't read between the lines since that last paragraph was sarcasm.... :o

As for Magnus, I didn't read her post I was humbly speaking in my opinion.... :wink:

I dont see how that was sarcasm. Plus, Sarcasm over internet + Aspie website = horrible mis-communication from two major depriving factors.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 8:46 pm

Are you kidding me?

How long have you been here?

I'm not the only one with a sarcastic sense of humor here on WP and most members know me better than that.

But believe why you want to and have good day. :)

Airborne
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jan 2009, 8:53 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
Are you kidding me?

How long have you been here?

I'm not the only one with a sarcastic sense of humor here on WP and most members know me better than that.

But believe why you want to and have good day. :)

Im not saying everyone on here isnt sarcastic but its generally not a good Idea to apply subliminal, unclear, or dry humor on a site full of aspies....BTW, I dont get what you mean by "believe why you want to".

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 9:00 pm

It's subliminal message of what you want....

>_<

Airborne
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jan 2009, 9:12 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
It's subliminal message of what you want....

>_<

Fine.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 9:16 pm

Kay.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 11:09 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
I'm not emotionally ret*d because I have a high IQ!! ! Image

My, what beautiful eyelashes you have. :wink:

Those who know, don't speak.

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 12:31 am

Airborne wrote:

Quote:
Ok sorry, is that what you wanted? I was a walking zombie last night up tell 2:00AM and I think it got the message across quite clear, if not you can use your friend google. I would say my vocabulary and grammar skills is quite steler. Its not like I am talking in 1337.

I looked it up and didn't find anything at a quick glance. Internet jargon is a pet peeve of mine. It's way too cool for me. anyways...

I was a bit harsh and I apologize. I'm emotionally ret*d in a hypersensitive way. It just seemed like you were saying that as long as a female aspie who is emotionally ret*d is attractive it doesn't pose a problem. I think it's quite the opposite because as Miss Construe said, guys expect sex. This expectation is probably due to wrong signals that this particular type of female sends. Often times emotionally crippled people are that way because of neglect as children and so any attention is good attention. They attract the wrong attention like magnets attracting metal daggers.

I find the other comments here to be quite funny btw. :lol:

-Pythagoras

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 12:36 am

I think there are a handful of factors at play IMO that loosely fit together and I'll try to line it up as best I can:

1) The dating game, or even pre-dating, just sizing people up, is a call-and-response game. Ideally, both sexes, are really looking for someone who fits their needs (ie. the deal-breakers) as well as possible.

2) Certain gender traits, in excess, make either gender largely undatable by the other or unable to find any of the other gender who they can really be themselves around.

3). Being on spectrum seems to skew us all in a direction that seems, by society's standards, decidedly a stilted direction of male. Thus the call and response game works better for woman than men because your parallel with a part of male society that exists in fair enough numbers. Guys - way out in BFE.

*is that last point a generalization? Yes - HUGE. Seems like a factor of almost equal value is how emotional a person is outwardly; outwardly emotional females and males both do proportionately better than the reserved it seems.

4). Cerebral nature - its not intelligence so much as choice of balance between logical/analytican and emotional. Being cerebral is that setting where between showing emotion and logic outwardly you show more logic or seem to have your inner emotional world (as awe-inspiringly beautiful as it may be) rooted on logic and reason rather than the other way around. Its a rare quality and like intelligence really shrinks your pool of compatibility - like intelligence, like introversion.

5). The actual basis of emotional 'problems'. Both genders have similar dislikes. Recklessness is big, flakiness is big, someone who'll have your friends and family reprimanding you or asking you if you were drunk - also very big and those both genders agree don't work. So, if your *really* immature, being a member of neither gender would help (well, I take that back - attractive women could be far worse off in being slug-magnets; guys just get left out).

6). One problem where women have a disadvantage more so than guys - more guys will cover up who they are to get with a woman than vice versa. So, your odds of ending up in something f'd do take a healthy chunk of the glamor out of the 'yeah but you can get a guy anytime' factor; even when that's true. It could work that way if a guy's that GQ but, usually its less often and it takes one hell of a psycho ex to do much damage - unless we're talking after a wedding ring.

The real ugly part, the real unfairness factor (for both genders) - with who you are and your stack of emotional factors an autistic factors - are you who you visually look like you should be? Society can look at the same personality in two different male or female bodies practically and have night and day reactions. So much of whether a person is likeable, unlikeable, whether early on or to a degree even later, is deemed by their 'feng shu' so to speak. If your feng shu was off by society's standards - a lot of those change and smoothing behaviors as well will do you in; ie. you were either universally gross or had bipolar extrema of reaction (neither accurate or stable) from people before you started trying to regulate this effect and afterward, what your left with still seems - to close nonverbal and subconscious examination - appearing proper but really insincere, smashed down, or like your hiding something - and often enough people will go by what they visually see and almost feel a need to try and pull out of you what they feel your root behaviour should be; its creepy and very deterministic but I think its very natural/genetic as well. This really hits us up as it relates to functioning - ie. if your social skills are damaged or if you look like you should be goony, your going to be running into bad first impressions as a rule; very difficult to be confident at that point either which, fouls things up for men and women just as much. Its generally the flat personality factor or the 'he/she's gross' factor.

I think in the end; if there is an overall difference between who's better off its in with such a slew of messy factors and so close that its like trying to figure out who really won in Minnesota - Norm Coleman or Al Frankin; and, it likely will never really be known definitively. At least in the case of this argument, calling it a tie when its this negligible is an option.