Airborne
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jan 2009, 4:32 pm

anna-banana wrote:
^^I did no such thing.

anna-banana wrote:
zghost wrote:
I'd say female, becaues as long as you aren't hideous, guys will try to pick you up anyway.

...and then they'll start running as fast as they can once they've gotten to know your immaturity in every possible field.

I really am done with the whole fighting thing....plus I really feel like a jerk with each "submit" I hit even if Im trying to prove a point here....

Tias
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 4:38 pm

Airborne wrote:
anna-banana wrote:
^^I did no such thing.

anna-banana wrote:
zghost wrote:
I'd say female, becaues as long as you aren't hideous, guys will try to pick you up anyway.

...and then they'll start running as fast as they can once they've gotten to know your immaturity in every possible field.

I really am done with the whole fighting thing....plus I really feel like a jerk with each "submit" I hit even if Im trying to prove a point here....

maybe that's because there isn't anything to prove and you just simply are a jerk? :roll:

Airborne
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jan 2009, 4:42 pm

Tias wrote:
Airborne wrote:
anna-banana wrote:
^^I did no such thing.

anna-banana wrote:
zghost wrote:

maybe that's because there isn't anything to prove and you just simply are a jerk? :roll:

Well I guess Im not sugar coating enough...Im seriously not trying to be a jerk though I just dont like people jumping on others and seeing as this is a pointless argument now I dont see why we should fight over it for the next 3 pages.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 4:54 pm

Airborne wrote:
anna-banana wrote:
^^I did no such thing.

anna-banana wrote:
zghost wrote:

who's fighting? I don't care how you feel, you have no point to prove. my post did not disagree with zghosts post. there is no opposition there, where do you see an opposition? I did not put anything in between the lines. I simply concluded the story started by zghost, because that's how it usually develops.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 4:56 pm

Tias wrote:
Airborne wrote:
anna-banana wrote:
^^I did no such thing.

anna-banana wrote:
zghost wrote:

I don't think Airborne is a jerk, he's misunderstanding my posts which puzzle me a great deal because I thought I was crystal clear.

Airborne wrote:
Well I guess Im not sugar coating enough...Im seriously not trying to be a jerk though I just dont like people jumping on others and seeing as this is a pointless argument now I dont see why we should fight over it for the next 3 pages.

you started it. I'm done, made my point.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 5:43 pm

anna-banana wrote:
zghost wrote:

Airborne, I know the conversation's pretty much over and I'm not calling you out on this but from what I'm reading here, I don't think she was criticizing zghost. zghost is right that there is a dynamic to that extent, anna's just adding the caveat that AS or being on spectrum still brick-walls that effect often enough.

Something I'll add to her observation - I think what effects people on spectrum much more than gender is how their outgoing nonverbal communication is effected by it and as well if it makes them more cerebral than emotional. Girls or guys who are bubbly or emotive - tend to do a lot better, and even attractive aspie women have problems if they don't project a lot of that. *Real* immaturity, terrible for both genders as well if its ever there.

Traex
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jan 2009, 9:30 pm

I kinda find that 'emotional retardation' or whatever they call it doesnt mean no emotion or immature emotions. Our emotions are all same whether aspies or NTs (I'm an aspie), but in case of aspies, what I experience or feel is that aspie emotions are somewhat explosive in nature or tend to be overloaded easily. I guess it's what scares NT ppl off.
So to counter that, aspies tend to keep/hide their own emotions inside and trap them in their own fantasy/imaginative world known as 'autistic world' for them to visualize those emotions. Thus in the surface, what other people see are seemingly unemotional or emotionally-detached or heartless 'robots'.
Example, when I get teased/mocked I get offended easily but I tend to try to appear cool and just 'forget'/hide this emotion of mine inside, which I know now it's dangerous but I'm still doing it anyway oh well..

NB. I don't know whether there are other types of aspies with other kinds of emotional problems different than above.

Airborne
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jan 2009, 11:40 pm

Traex wrote:
I kinda find that 'emotional retardation' or whatever they call it doesnt mean no emotion or immature emotions. Our emotions are all same whether aspies or NTs (I'm an aspie), but in case of aspies, what I experience or feel is that aspie emotions are somewhat explosive in nature or tend to be overloaded easily. I guess it's what scares NT ppl off.
So to counter that, aspies tend to keep/hide their own emotions inside and trap them in their own fantasy/imaginative world known as 'autistic world' for them to visualize those emotions. Thus in the surface, what other people see are seemingly unemotional or emotionally-detached or heartless 'robots'.
Example, when I get teased/mocked I get offended easily but I tend to try to appear cool and just 'forget'/hide this emotion of mine inside, which I know now it's dangerous but I'm still doing it anyway oh well..

NB. I don't know whether there are other types of aspies with other kinds of emotional problems different than above.

Dead on the money.

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2009, 12:08 am

Everything is relative. Our emotions as aspies are relative to what we can compare it to. Comparing our emotions honestly, through gender, life experiences, and such, helps us to identify with one another as well as NT's and therefore gives us something to compare our own emotions to. As humans we learn by comparative experiences.

-Pythagoras