Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

lostinparadise
Raven
Raven

07 Jan 2009, 10:48 pm

i am so slow at picking any skill.i am so slow that a hobby becomes a torture.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 11:09 pm

I got called slow a lot by my teachers. My own mother even says that it takes me time to do things.
Before I knew I had AS I thought that I wasn't very smart, I even thought I'd score low on an IQ test.

I have the type of hobbies where being slow is not such an issue, like art and writing. Although a 3 minute restriction on taking photos at concerts was a bit hard. I had to practice to take as many photos as I could in a short space of time. Turned out I was happier taking not that many photos, so I didn't have to edit over 300, when only 10 or 12 would have been published.

Try not to get so down about being slow. My whole life I've been told I'm slow, which I translated as meaning dumb, but it was quite the opposite.

unreal3x
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2009, 11:42 pm

lostinparadise wrote:
i am so slow at picking any skill.i am so slow that a hobby becomes a torture.

If a hobby becomes torture then perhaps it is not your hobby or your special interest. It is hard to stay focused on what does not interest you. Also you do not pick a skill but rather you realize what your skills are.

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 2:55 am

Like pensieve, my whole life I was "too slow," and was also put on timers in school and home, hehe. However, I wasn't considered dumb by anyone, except my family...

In my case, I'm a slow "first" learner, as in when I'm first picking up a skill, but eventually I find ways to improve. This is not a matter of trying, it occurs naturally, without force. Where I work, I was an extremely slow and irritating person as I was learning, but eventually, through lack of interference, found my pace. I am the fastest at both of my "responsibilities," and also the most thorough. In my case, it was simply the fact that there was a bit of freedom allowed, some room to grow and figure things out. I would suggest a hobby or skill to learn where speed is of no concern, and a teacher with a patient way. Perhaps woodworking...? Just a suggestion, as I've a little habit of reading woodworking magazines (even though I'm not an actual craftsman), and there are some striking pieces that take sometimes years, or even decades to complete.

I must add a few things. Even though I'm a fast guy at a normal situation where I've laid all my tasks out for the day, I'm still hounded for my inefficiency at doing things that I hate, and/or have not been prepared for. It seems my mind just loses it's gas when I'm asked to do either. Being that I'm a kind of ridgid person to begin with, it would make sense to work with what they have, but alas the "office" seem to like inefficiency... :roll:

shantonu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jan 2009, 6:10 pm

apu slow howa kono problem na...amio onek slow...2mk just jeta korte hobe seta holo nijer style take bujhte hobe...amader aspie der 1ta boro problem holo amra noise er vetor kaj korte pari na...jmon amr j roommate se 1jon ex-cadette...sarakhon hoihullor kore..amr porar pura barota beje jai...so ami kosto holeo protidin library te gie pori...jodio amr room mate er esob noise e kono problem i hoina...ami jokhon library te eka thaki nijer moto kisu chinta korar sujog pai tokhon amr pora ba problem er nijer style er 1ta solution ber kora onek soja hoye jai...

amar dharona 2mi jehetu bba porso sehetu 2mk alltime onnoder sathe tal milie cholte hoy..2mi jokhon i kisu koro onnoder onterferrence ase jai...ejonno 2mi sudhu nijer jonno kono place kono time thik kore rakho jokhon keu birokto korbe na...2mi nijer hobby nie tokhon 1tu chinta korlei dekhba 2mr nijer style er 1ta idea mathai chole asbe...2mr kajta tokhon 2mi onek agroho nie ar onek fast korte parba...

bt 1ta kotha...notun idea anar jonno nijer opor pressure deyar kono proyojon nai...jodi ase tahole naturally i asbe...

n.b- ami 2mr cheye choto hoyeo j gyan dissi e jonno plz mind koro na...amr mone hoy amder experience share kora khub dorkar..ami nijeo onek kisu pari na hoyto 2mi segular solution dite parba...aspie der nijeder sarthei 1sathe thaka uchit karon amader amra chara ar keu bujhte parbe na...