Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

neroulogicaly
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Jan 2009, 10:10 am

I wrote an article for the school newspaper about nts etc. when it was published i got loads of postive feedback even the head of SEN told me how good it was and she is very hard to please. I didnt feel any pride nothing at all even though the article provoked the thoughts of students and teachers alike,Do any of you get these lack of affective empathy moments?

If somethings different ,its not better just different.
My qoutes :>)

Sea_of_Saiyan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jan 2009, 8:46 pm

I dislike receiving compliments as well, because I can never tell whether or not they are honest, and I find it very awkward trying to find a way to thank the person giving them. If anything, compliments mess up my own views of myself and cause me to perform poorly, so I try to avoid accepting them.

I do like giving other people compliments though, and I feel good inside knowing that they are all completely truthful.

WyvernOne
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jan 2009, 5:25 pm

I think of it as more of a honed instinct that's difficult to bypass for what you describe. My senior research paper was about bringing together science and religion, and then described flaws with the anthropomorphic principle, even the human ego's role in it. After I got it done, I did get praise from my peers, but I felt like "that's all I'm going to get, so why even push for more?" It only gets worse over time.