Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jinxed
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Jan 2009, 11:50 am

Hey ladies,

I'm 17 and am soon going to lose my virginity to the love of my life. I was wondering though, will it hurt?
I've heard stories that its agonising, is it really that bad?

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks :)

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 11:53 am

I've heard it does, but for some people it doesn't. It helps if you have got used to using super absorbency tampons and that. But I dunno for sure, no first-hand experience.

y es como un semestre"

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 12:28 pm

Yes, probably. Using tampons sure couldn't hurt but they're nowhere as big as a man.
It helps if you're very turned on before you get down to business, then you'll be 'opened up' as much as possible and lubricated.

But it will still probably hurt (it might not, though). So take your time and make sure your man is gentle and understanding :)

mixtapebooty
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2009, 1:40 pm

Remembering it makes me sort of nauseous. I bled everywhere. I advocate toy sex, so I would recommend getting a silicone dildo and doing it with that before actually doing it with a penis. Your boyfriend and you can experience a lot of intimacy with toys. I think kids should do that before they take the plunge together. If you get enough experience with a toy, your first time won't hurt and no doubt, there will be less chance of trauma.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 2:10 pm

Hm, I'm curious. Why wouldn't a dildo hurt as much as a penis the first time?
They're about the same size right?

Detren
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jan 2009, 2:22 pm

It all has to do with how "ready" you are. Your body makes it's own lubrication and all, but stress, nervousness and depending on where you are in your cycle will make you more/less moist.

Just make sure you don't just jump into it and as long as everything is ... slippery... it shouldn't hurt, just take it really slow and if it feels like something is causing friction you aren't quite ready and you need more lubrication. You need to be relaxed and ready, if you are nervous it's going to affect things negatively. You can buy lubrication at the local drug store, (normally right beside the condoms) or at your local Wal-mart. If you feel any friction at all you need something, either some bought stuff, or a little more "turning on".

I guess it depends on hymen? spelling here? issues as well, you may or maynot have one so no clue there, so as long as it's slow and gentle there shouldn't really be issues.

mixtapebooty
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2009, 2:42 pm

mitharatowen wrote:
Hm, I'm curious. Why wouldn't a dildo hurt as much as a penis the first time?
They're about the same size right?

They can be bigger or smaller depending on the guy and the toy. It's not as much about it hurting as it is about making the real experience better for both partners. You can graduate from very small toys to bigger ones, or just find one that is relatively the same size as the male's penis. She will know what the size feels like, and then not have as much pain in intercourse if she gets used to a toy. The idea is to get to know your body for yourself, so that you can share experiences with others, right? Partners can participate in toy sex prior to losing virginity in order to get turned on as foreplay too. The point is not to rush into it because bodies react in ways we don't always expect when it comes to sex for the first time and it takes some mental conditioning to get totally used to it, I believe.

mixtapebooty
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2009, 2:52 pm

I'd like to add that the first 'toy' that I ever f****d myself with was a cucumber. I had already lost my virginity, and wish now that I had participated in a lot more foreplay and toy play beforehand.

jinxed
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Jan 2009, 2:41 pm

hmm, thanks for your input :) I'm understandably nervous about it all, I guess I'll just have to wait and see :?

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 2:57 pm

Well, let me give you a couple of tips. TMI ALERT! Don't read if you don't want specific details. I always appreciate specific details about what to expect in any strange situation, so I am going to give you some to help you out.

The first couple of times I did it, I found that it was easier 'doggy-style.' Especially if the guy is inexperienced too. The angle has a lot to do with things and if the angle is wrong it can hurt more. It's alot easier to get a straight angle via doggy. I've also heard 'girl on top' is good for virgins but I don't care much for it personally because it's awkward and takes a lot of thigh strength.

Second, be prepared for some pain and don't be surprised if you bleed quite a bit. It's normal and everyone has gone through it. It will hurt for the first few times that you do it but eventually you will get used to it.

Also something that happened to me when I first did it - for the next few days I felt like I had a giant hole in my body down there. Since it was now bigger than it used to be and I was not used to it. So if you get that feeling, don't worry, that too will go away with time.

Most of all, relax and enjoy yourself. It's almost guranteed not be the great sex you've always imagined but it will definately get better the more you do it. So try not to put too much pressure on yourself.

And of course, practice makes perfect! So don't give up :wink:

P.S. Be safe and use protection, k?

Last edited by mitharatowen on 13 Jan 2009, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sheknight
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jan 2009, 2:59 pm

Hymens piss me off. What purpose do they serve? Sometimes I wonder if being female isn't due to some huge, cosmic plan to make things as difficult as possible for us.

My advice is to make sure you have clitoral stimulation, both before and during intercourse. You can use a vibrator on yourself while he is inside of you. If you can maintain sexual arousal, you won't feel as much pain. Also, make sure you engage in lots and lots of foreplay, to the point of having at least one orgasm. You might want to make sure he also has an orgasm before intercourse, too. This will give him more control over his trusting, as men sometimes orgasm very quickly after their initial arousal.

Above all, take it slow.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 3:02 pm

sheknight wrote:
You might want to make sure he also has an orgasm before intercourse, too. This will give him more control over his trusting, as men sometimes orgasm very quickly after their initial arousal.

This is true but also means that he may not be up for intercourse anymore. I know that if my husband gets off once, he's done for the rest of the day. So I would exercise caution in using this one.

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 3:06 pm

If you are not planning on becoming pregnant, please remember that not being able to become pregnant on your fist time is a myth so use protection.

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)

jinxed
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jan 2009, 1:08 pm

mitharatowen wrote:
Well, let me give you a couple of tips. TMI ALERT! Don't read if you don't want specific details. I always appreciate specific details about what to expect in any strange situation, so I am going to give you some to help you out.

The first couple of times I did it, I found that it was easier 'doggy-style.' Especially if the guy is inexperienced too. The angle has a lot to do with things and if the angle is wrong it can hurt more. It's alot easier to get a straight angle via doggy. I've also heard 'girl on top' is good for virgins but I don't care much for it personally because it's awkward and takes a lot of thigh strength.

Second, be prepared for some pain and don't be surprised if you bleed quite a bit. It's normal and everyone has gone through it. It will hurt for the first few times that you do it but eventually you will get used to it.

Also something that happened to me when I first did it - for the next few days I felt like I had a giant hole in my body down there. Since it was now bigger than it used to be and I was not used to it. So if you get that feeling, don't worry, that too will go away with time.

Most of all, relax and enjoy yourself. It's almost guranteed not be the great sex you've always imagined but it will definately get better the more you do it. So try not to put too much pressure on yourself.

And of course, practice makes perfect! So don't give up :wink:

P.S. Be safe and use protection, k?

Thanks for being honest, I prefer to know/ have an idea about something thats going to happen, this in particular,lol :) and no worries, I'm all sorted contraception-wise :wink:

I'm pretty excited at the prospect of taking this step with my boyfriend, so I'll obviously live with any initial discomfort, its good to know the though what to expect :)

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2009, 2:07 pm

jinxed wrote:
Thanks for being honest, I prefer to know/ have an idea about something thats going to happen, this in particular,lol :)

Yeah me too that's why I posted it. :D Hope it helps.

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2009, 6:09 am

jinxed wrote:
Hey ladies,

I'm 17 and am soon going to lose my virginity to the love of my life. I was wondering though, will it hurt?
I've heard stories that its agonising, is it really that bad? Yes

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks :)