Inside the Savant Mind: Tips for Thinking

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

mixtapebooty
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jan 2009, 4:05 pm

I love Tammet's work. He has inspired me to pursue emotional intuition of numerical prediction in ways that I can apply to my daily life and future. In this way, I can build on myself and not rely on others as socially as I might be expected to without AS. The connection to epilepsy and AS is uncommonly made, but so important as well.

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 4:51 am

Cascadians wrote:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/2005/feb/12/weekend7.weekend2
A Genius Explains

really good to read!

That was very good, thanks for the link! :)

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 4:27 pm

i'm waiting for the day when they finally make the connection b/t asperger's, bipolar disorder, and epilepsy......i really liked the term he used, "hyperconnectivity", it very much describes the feeling of a manic episode, and from what i have read certain types of seizures as well. i think the asperger's is the physical (reduced size) difference in the amygdala, and the BP and epilepsy are the symptoms of "cascade failures" that occur when the hyperconnectivity reaches a peak and the brain sort of shorts itself out (slow motion in BP, warp speed in seizures)...the circuits go like in a breaker and the brain has to "reboot" itself (hence the depression after manic episodes which also commonly occurs after seizures, and the subsequent recovery period, which varies in length depending on the severity of the "cascade failure"/seizure/episode).