Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Do you believe the AG is Divinely inspired?
He *is* God!! ! 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Yes; he breathes the literal word of God 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
No; he is a complete and utter fabrication 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Yes; he is divinely inspired but interpreted by himself and he screws up from time to time 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Yes; but much has been lost in his extreme levels of insanity but in essence what he says is true 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
No; he is just a vague and loose record of Middle Eastern history with some interesting embellishments 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 54%  54%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 13

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 4:17 pm

Do you believe that the AG is divinely inspired? Virulent heathens please try to refrain from flaming

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 4:46 pm

IF AG is the Word of God or God, then what evidence is there to back up the assertion?

Note that I'm not saying that AG is not the Word of God or God, as that would be a claim that I'd have to defend. I am merely asking for Evidence, Please?

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 4:58 pm

greenblue wrote:
IF AG is the Word of God or God, then what evidence is there to back up the assertion?

Note that I'm not saying that AG is not the Word of God or God, as that would be a claim that I'd have to defend. I am merely asking for Evidence, Please?

Let me ask you a question in turn: what evidence could be sufficient to back up the assertion? If I did something miraculous, the probability that all witnesses are mistaken about the miraculous nature of the action would still likely be higher than the probability that the miracle occurred even if it did. Besides, divine mystery is just a fun thing to play with if you have divine power anyway.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 5:32 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
greenblue wrote:

Let me ask you a question in turn: what evidence could be sufficient to back up the assertion? If I did something miraculous, the probability that all witnesses are mistaken about the miraculous nature of the action would still likely be higher than the probability that the miracle occurred even if it did.

That's right, demanding for empirical evidence and gaining it, in cases such as miracles, would be tricky, if only experimental verified evidence is accepted within scientific skepticism, and if one truly happens, the fact that it could never be verified within empiricism, is problematic and it couldn't really been stated to be actually proven, given that, even if it was real. At the same time, there is the other problem of making a distinction between illusion and what is considered to be reality.

If one skeptic who demands for a miracle happens to get one, something that seems impossible, like regeneration of a tissue, or even organ or something similar, likely he would change his mind, but given that it would be something that science would be unable to confirm following their own guidelines, I could say his claim would not be taken with credibility in official terms and being taken as unreliable source of information, perhaps a good number of different hypothesis trying to explain the phenomena.

Quote:
Besides, divine mystery is just a fun thing to play with if you have divine power anyway.

I imagine how much fun it would be watching my own creations struggle with the mystery.

Last edited by greenblue on 20 Jan 2009, 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 5:40 pm

I can't figure out who or what "The AG" may be, and how or why he/she/it might have any connection with any supernatural being.

So I'm clueless - enlighten me!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 5:54 pm

Fnord wrote:
I can't figure out who or what "The AG" may be, and how or why he/she/it might have any connection with any supernatural being.

AG is the nickname of the original poster, aka me.

So, the discussion is based upon whether or not I am divinely inspired.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 6:06 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
Fnord wrote:

AG is the nickname of the original poster, aka me.

So, the discussion is based upon whether or not I am divinely inspired.

"Other" - Insufficient data.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

z0rp
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 6:37 pm

If AG sends two nude women to my house that somehow get passed all the guards and military forces I have stationed at my mansion for security purposes, I will acknowledge his noodly appendage and worship thee.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 6:51 pm

z0rp wrote:
If AG sends two nude women to my house that somehow get passed all the guards and military forces I have stationed at my mansion for security purposes, I will acknowledge his noodly appendage and worship thee.

AG believes in justice, you should earn your nude women rather than have them given to you. And, if you get your nude women, I am *so* invoking my "mysterious ways" clause.

z0rp
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 6:53 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
z0rp wrote:

AG believes in justice, you should earn your nude women rather than have them given to you. And, if you get your nude women, I am *so* invoking my "mysterious ways" clause.

Well is it possible for you to take something away fro me then? I've been a very very bad boy lately, serve justice on me by taking away some of my possessions or causing a random earthquake or tragedy.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 6:57 pm

z0rp wrote:
Well is it possible for you to take something away fro me then? I've been a very very bad boy lately, serve justice on me by taking away some of my possessions or causing a random earthquake or tragedy.

Why would I want to? Bad boys are entertaining.

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 7:06 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
z0rp wrote:

Why would I want to? Bad boys are entertaining.

Sufficiently entertaining to have earned a couple of nude women showing up at one's door?

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 7:07 pm

pandd wrote:
Sufficiently entertaining to have earned a couple of nude women showing up at one's door?

No, if I did that for him, then I'd have to do that for everyone. It'd only be fair.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 8:33 pm

Other: AG is just so freakin' awesome, it would be inappropriate to refer to him in the context of divinity. He is above that.

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 8:35 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
pandd wrote:

No, if I did that for him, then I'd have to do that for everyone. It'd only be fair.

I therefore find it highly unlikely that you are truly divine.

The divine is not dictated to by fairness, rather the divine dictates what is fair.

Also the truly divine would of course send the nude women, but mysteriously, without any undertaking as to whose door they would be sent to.

Therefore, I have strong doubts as to your divinity, although I may be willing to concede some aspect of awesomeness and/or glory could be attributed to you.

Last edited by pandd on 20 Jan 2009, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 8:36 pm

Well, I mean, it's not like anyone has any evidence that he's *not* divinely inspired, right?