Possible? Assessment and Diagnosis for $600 in Los Angeles

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

NTIDAS
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jan 2009, 12:52 pm

Is it possible to get a diagnosis in Los Angeles for $600?

I have Healthnet medical insurance through the system as I'm unable to work.

Is there a doctor that will do an assessment and diagnosis on an adult for AS for $600?

It's posts like this that irritate me because the posting system doesn't let you see the full topic before you click and it certainly doesn't show you a snippet of the post to see if you're interested in reading it. *sigh*
Still loads better than no board at all though. :)

yesplease
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2009, 1:37 pm

$600? I would hope so. I've been debating whether or not I should look for a diagnosis but for $600 and w/ no working income I'll pass.

vivinator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jan 2009, 9:58 pm

someone else started a thread like this , hough I don't think a price was specified
someone replied that their wife will check the LA therapists from some website listed in the thread and report back

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt89104.html

-HL Mencken

-as of now official dx is ADHD (inattentive type) but said ADD (314.00) on the dx paper, PDD-NOS and was told looks like I have NLD

yesplease
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2009, 1:32 am

I think the best bet would be through UCI or another college w/ what are hopefully income appropriate charges if possible. I'm in the OC MSI program and called about this but the list of local therapy/support groups I was sent doesn't seem to cover anything related to the spectrum.